Euro Game Ticketing

stuwell

With the ticketing arrangements still to be announced, I think that the game will not be a sell out and would suggest that if the visiting fans are not being housed in the south stand, then the club should sell adult tickets to this stand with a free kids ticket to try and encourage a larger crowd.

Folks think we're likely to sell out the East & Cooper at least? Couple of ideas in the pipeline with regards to a display i'm hearing...

TBH, I wouldn't even be confident of that. The novelty has well and truly worn off. Everyone is used to our glorious Euro failures, add to that the fact that's not a well known team..

Hopefully tickets are no more than £15 in order to ensure a half decent crowd.

whilst i whole heartedly agree, i cant see it

the club will be looking to maximise their profit as much as they can from this game

the reality is, this could be our only home game in europe this season

£15 would be braw, but there is no way you can price a Euro tie for the same as a friendly and less than an SPL game. Well there is, but we need to pay for these players......

I expect to see prices around £20-£25. I would be happy if we could get circa 7-8000 in for the game given they are not well known...even if they look like they have a decent side.

More excited than I was when the draw was 1st made...and I expect same come the evening itself :drinks:

Think this will be the first time that the club will be struggling to break even on a euro qualification.

Its going to cost hell of a lot to get the required staff out to Krasnodar especially with the timeline needed to get back in decent time for the Aberdeen game and all the restrictions and added costs that come with travelling to Russia.

add in the fact its £22 to watch the likes of St Mirren at Fir Park

I expect a minimum of £25 for Third round qualifier and at least the same if we get to the play off round although if that happens prices might be relaxed to say £22-£20

Absolutely no disrespect to our Russian opponents but imho its a bluddy farce that at this stage of the competition a side from south eastern Europe has to play a side from north western Europe. The losers, (more likely to be us), will no doubt experience a financial loss, while supporters face a logistical nightmare and financial hardship to get to the away leg.

In our case - a huge thank you to UEFA for this fitting reward for finishing 2nd in an outstanding domestic campaign.

Seeding, various entry stages, inhibited fixtures, pot fixing, pre-qualification to the Group Stages ---- Platini and his suits need a boot in the baws for their self-preservation tactics and how they look after the big-boys.

imho Tournament should be regionalised prior to Group Stages, give clubs a chance to make some money and fans the scope to follow their team.

• Like 3

Absolutely no disrespect to our Russian opponents but imho its a bluddy farce that at this stage of the competition a side from south eastern Europe has to play a side from north western Europe. The losers, (more likely to be us), will no doubt experience a financial loss, while supporters face a logistical nightmare and financial hardship to get to the away leg.

In our case - a huge thank you to UEFA for this fitting reward for finishing 2nd in an outstanding domestic campaign.

Seeding, various entry stages, inhibited fixtures, pot fixing, pre-qualification to the Group Stages ---- Platini and his suits need a boot in the baws for their self-preservation tactics and how they look after the big-boys.

imho Tournament should be regionalised prior to Group Stages, give clubs a chance to make some money and fans the scope to follow their team.

Too much common sense there am afraidrolleyes.gif.

Good post all the same considering your jaunt and many miles traveled at the week end.

Is it not about 90k to charter a plane and for hotels etc... That offsets most of the 'prizemoney'. Read a while back that UEFA could easily redistribute the money better as bigger teams in later rounds wont miss say from 500k a round to 400k however because teams from tiny countries end up in Europe every year it would give them an unfair advantage in their country, e.g. San Marino, Faroes or even Northern Irish or Welsh champions getting a guarenteed half million or so a year - in amateur leagues it is the equivelent of billions.

Aye, UEFA concerned about fair play, who knew...

I see what you are saying but I'm against regionalisation.

I think qualifying for Europe would quickly lose its appeal if you were playing Icelandic and Norwegian teams ever year.

To me part of the 'romance' of it is you can be drawn anywhere against anyone and if that was stopped I think interest would quickly ebb away.