Hibernian V Motherwell 4/8/13

Bop

With this game only a week away now it might be a decent time to start predicting line ups, scores etc. We'll have a better idea after Thursday night of how we look in a competitive fixture but at the minute i'm going to go for a provisional 1-1 draw. Hibs were absolutely shite against Malmo and i'd doubt they could be so bad twice in a row. McHugh to score.

In the recent past, Hibs had have players that matched up well against us (Stokes, Riordan, Grifftihs etc.) and were always capable of scoring.

I don't see that in their current squad, so hopeful we can eke out a win.

I'm stunned at the current standard of Hibs team. In recent years they have sold the likes of Riordan, O'Connor, Thompson, Fletcher, Whittaker for many many millions. Whats happened to it all ?

After Thursday's riding they will have a lot to prove and be a dangerous beasty as a result, and as yet we are a tad unknown.

Take a draw ? At Easter Road ? Yes.

Money went on the stadium and the training ground.

Who knows how we will react to Thursday. Advantage hibs given that they have a full week to prepare.

However, it looks like the only available defenders they have are Mullen, Stevenson and Hanlon so hopefully we get torn into them from the start.

I reckon we'll beat them by a goal or two but also concede.

3-1 (McHugh, Faddy, Sutton)

Formation is a bit of guess. I think we will go 3 at the back on Thursday but return to a back 4 for Sunday. Something like...

----------------Nielsen/Hollis---------------

--Ramsden--Hutch--Mick--Hammell--

------Lawson--Lasley--Vigurs------------

-------------------Faddy-----------------------

-------------Sutton--McHugh---------------

I was speaking to a couple of Hibs fans on Saturday - I also didn't want to crow about the Malmo result until I've seen how we do on Thursday.

They reckoned we should win, and that a Hearts win in the derby the following week would definitely be Fenlon's last game.

They also predicted a poor home support - 16000 went to the Malmo game, and most of them wouldn't be going back.

Hibs are one of those clubs that have been recently doing the "get the ticket from a ticket office right next to your gate, hold you're ticket for approx 30 seconds before handing it over to a steward walking thru the gate" waste of time palava.