Hibernian V Motherwell 4/8/13

Bop

Didn't realise Hibs completed the signing of the boy Collins up front,very good player! We MUST support Sutton,simple fact is,if we go with him up top on his own,barring the odd long range wondergoal,we will be known as Motherwell Nil for a lot of the season.

Teams knew last year we play nice football but if they sit in and flood midfield we struggle to break them down and end up playing side to side till we lose the ball,the gamechanger we had was pace to break coupled with the movement of ojamaa and they're both long gone now.

We need to get teams thinking and need to be able to offer some pace + energy to the side. With that said,I reckon McCall will go with his usual and todays team will be the same as Thursday and the same as next Thursday,however Id love us to set up like below

(3-5-2)

Neilsen

Ramsden/Hutchinson/McManus

Kerr / ZFA

Lawson/Carswell/Vigurs

Sutton/Faddy

Carswell & ZFA offer more pace and energy than Hammell & Lasley + Lawson is better than Lasley in the holding role. Kerr offers more presence & pace wide right. Faddy would give Sutton support and Vigurs would have time supported by Carswell & Lawson to pull the strings

Hard choice but have made it now .No traveling thru to the game t day .Feel a bit shitty not supporting the team there first missed game for a while .But in the cold light of day will save about £90 on the day and its on at 1.15 on a Sunday FFS .Will watch it on sky with the sound off .Cmon ye well :yahoo:

Didn't realise Hibs completed the signing of the boy Collins up front,very good player! We MUST support Sutton,simple fact is,if we go with him up top on his own,barring the odd long range wondergoal,we will be known as Motherwell Nil for a lot of the season.

Teams knew last year we play nice football but if they sit in and flood midfield we struggle to break them down and end up playing side to side till we lose the ball,the gamechanger we had was pace to break coupled with the movement of ojamaa and they're both long gone now.

We need to get teams thinking and need to be able to offer some pace + energy to the side. With that said,I reckon McCall will go with his usual and todays team will be the same as Thursday and the same as next Thursday,however Id love us to set up like below

(3-5-2)

Neilsen

Ramsden/Hutchinson/McManus

Kerr / ZFA

Lawson/Carswell/Vigurs

Sutton/Faddy

Carswell & ZFA offer more pace and energy than Hammell & Lasley + Lawson is better than Lasley in the holding role. Kerr offers more presence & pace wide right. Faddy would give Sutton support and Vigurs would have time supported by Carswell & Lawson to pull the strings

I'd go with the same shape. Would also like to see Carswell feature but the experience of Lasley is vital.

As shite as they would appear, games against Hibs are either dour as fuck or absolute goalfests. If we can exploit their awful defence then we should win by a couple providing we can get enough support to Sutton.

Based on his performance on Thurs, Vigurs could be key but I have a feeling they will flood the midfield and try to smother us. If play 3 at the back with ZFA/Hammy and Kerr as wingbacks. We'll see...

0-0 ht boring first half

I actually quite enjoyed it. Some nice passing on display, and pretty solid defensively. Okay, not much goalmouth action, but other than that it wasn't bad. Mind you, I don't mind this "tippy-tappy pish". laugh1.gif