Fan Display

Bop

Noticed someone posting a picture of a flag on Twitter last night, something about UEFA care about cash.

Not that I disagree in anyway but thinking of how Celtic have been fined for anti-UEFA flag before, although admittedly there was big bad sweary words on that, would displaying such a banner not run the risk of the club being hit in the same way?

Would be sort of ironic if a flag protesting about UEFA caring only about cash, well.... earned UEFA a bit more cash!

Just a thought.

• Like 1

would displaying such a banner not run the risk of the club being hit in the same way?

Would be sort of ironic if a flag protesting about UEFA caring only about cash, well.... earned UEFA a bit more cash!

UEFA hate being criticised at any time. We should try a bit of reverse psychology and produce a banner praising them for all there good work ph34r.gif. Then maybe they would give us more money rather than taking it from us. whistling.gif

The flag did look cracking and If not identical it was something very similar to this sticker....

2560976075_f802994e23_z.jpg

As I say, I don't disagree at all, but I do have a slight concern that a UEFA delegate, briefed on whatever action they took agaisnt the club last season, takes a hyper-critical stance and lands the club in it again.

My fear then is that the club issue further knock-backs to displays etc. and we go backwards.

I suppose its the aged old debate though that unless you do stand up for yourself at some stage you are always going to be trodden on.

Fine line to walk at times though.

Do UEFA have the right to take away folks' rights to Freedom of Speech?

They haven't taken it away. The main issue is that when you sign up for a competition you agree to abide by its rules and by-laws. If you don't agree with them, you are under no obligation to participate in the competition.

If anybody wants to criticize UEFA, they are still free to do so outside the ground, on here etc. so their rights still exist.

They haven't taken it away. The main issue is that when you sign up for a competition you agree to abide by its rules and by-laws. If you don't agree with them, you are under no obligation to participate in the competition.

Exactly, any dig at UEFA inside the ground will usually be noted by the representative at the game and will result in a fine for the club. The club will also be pressurised into taking action on the person or persons who are deemed to be responsible. It's a sad state of affairs, however the club agree to abide by the rules when they enter the competition.

I would warn any fan who is thinking about taking a flag or banner into the ground that is slagging off UEFA, should probably think twice about doing it.