Motherwell V Kuban Krasnodar

BigColin08

Not particularly confident of getting any kind of result I'm afraid… just too big a game too soon for our newly-assembled and still slightly depleted squad. Realistically I'm expecting us to lose by a couple, so if we do better than that I'll be happy, moreso if we score ourselves in the process.

I just want a Euro goal to celebrate!

Will be a tough tough ask to get anything from the game but you never know!

Same team that started Friday night I think with hopefully Neilsen instead of Hollis!

No ZFA??

From what I've seen of pre-season he'd be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet for me.

I don't know much about their players or their performances but I think we have a chance of going through. They are only 2 or 3 games into their season so they still may not be fully into their stride yet either.

2 - 0 The 'Well

Based on other threads we have no clue how we will line up or play so what chance do they have of lining up against us ??? Should be a fun game!

Just hoping we keep it tight and keep our concentration for the first half hour. We have been unstuck too many times by being too enthusiastic, losing our shape and conceding cheap goals then spend the rest of the game trying to break down a ten man defence.

Would play Gunnar in goal with a back three with wing backs. Would need to drop hammy for that though and play ZFA on the left. Midfield of las, Lawson and viguirs with Henri up top and faddy floating in behind.

Subs hollis, Sutton, hammy, hchugh, carswell, Murray, Erwin

If we lose an early goal the tie could be over before we even get started. Hopefully we can keep it tight and possibly take a 1-0 lead going into the second leg. This team are seeded for a reason, and the reason is they have better players, play in a better league against better opposition. If we do manage to beat them over the two legs it will go down as one of our greatest ever results. Fingers crossed.

You'd imagine Kuban will be too strong for us over the two legs but I think that we should be capable of getting a result against anyone at home if everyone performs to their potential and we get a wee bit of luck. Hopefully that's what happens.

I thought Hollis did reasonably well against Forest but I'd start Nielsen as he has more experience at this level although I think McCall will give Hollis the nod.

I also can see us playing three in the middle which probably means Carswell will come in beside Lasley and Lawson with McFadden and Vigurs in wide midfield positions drifting inside when we attack. That seems the most obvious way to clog up the middle of the field while retaining some offensive threat.

Pressing this team and keeping the tempo high will be the key, if we allow them time and space to use their superior technique then we won't be successful. If we can harass them they certainly look vulnerable enough at the back that we can cause them a few scares.

• Like 1

If Hollis starts we may see a few sail in with no-one touching it. Hoping for

Neilsen

Ramsden,Hutch,McManus,Hammell

Lawson,Lasley

Faddy,Vigurs,ZFA

Sutton

The absolute worst thing we could do is play 5 across the middle with Faddy & Vigurs wide, Zero pace,zero support for Sutton and will only invite Kuban to press and attack after attack. Hoping for a 0-0,would love 1-0,fully expecting 0-3 after losing a shocker of an early goal!

Fear a horsing to be honest.

I hope for Hollis's sake he doesn't play as rightly or wrongly a sizeable proportion of the fans don't appear to rate him and will be blamed for everything even if it isn't his fault.

People will probably be more forgiving of Neilsen.

Even with Randolph or Ruddy coupled with all the players from last year we wish we still had I get the feeling the Russians will still be far too good for us.