Motherwell V Kuban Krasnodar

BigColin08

Is there anyone out there who thinks Hollis should start? It looks to me as though that is exactly whats going to happen given he started against Forest. I hope that isn't the case!!

I missed all the pre season games, so I am in no position to comment on how Hollis did or did not perform. For what it is worth, some players seem to carry a bit more luck than others. Hollis to me seems like the sort of person who attracts bad luck and in football that’s not a good thing. If he plays he will get my full support, and maybe a wee penalty save will see his luck change for the better.

Google "translate" from UBH's link

"Channel Nine" today will show the first ever European Cup match FC "Kuban" - the Scottish "Motherwell."

Inhabitants of the region will see the team debut in the Europa League live . Reports from Scotland will Igor Shchetkin , recognized academics Taffy best regional TV commentator. broadcast begins - at 22:45. See her and the audience, "the Ninth channel Orbit."

You can watch the match will not only be on television. On the Krasnodar Theater Square fans of the team and in the air will be able to watch this match in the Europa League.

Before the historic match, immediately after the program "Facts" - a discussion of the upcoming game. In the studio, the "Nine" is a former coach of "Kuban", the famous Russian football expert Nicholas Southerner.

jhymuo.jpg

The keeper situation is really interesting, I have a feeling Hollis will get the nod and if he does he will get my full support but I don't see him as a first choice keeper. Iv only saw Neilson for a short period of games and felt more confident with him in goal. McCall has picked Hollis for almost all preseason games and gave him no1 shirt

The keeper situation is really interesting, I have a feeling Hollis will get the nod and if he does he will get my full support but I don't see him as a first choice keeper. Iv only saw Neilson for a short period of games and felt more confident with him in goal. McCall has picked Hollis for almost all preseason games and gave him no1 shirt

i think he was given the no 1 shirt before we had even sign Neilsen - i wouldnt read into that very much

without looking into it - were both keepers not given the exact same game time throughout pre-season?

Last game of the season - the players looked as if they had no faith or confidence in Hollis, when we played Newcastle - he had a howler for their 3rd goal - the problem is the last few seasons we have been very very blessed with extreme talent between the posts, now we are back to "normal" standard rather than guys who were standouts

We just need to hope that Nielsen uses us a stepping stone and really does push on and prove that there is some talent there

I surely didn't need to emphasis that comment wasn't aimed at overseas fans?!?!

No, but the problem is that it's overseas/long distance fans that make up a lot of the extra numbers for a game of a lifetime like Pana. Our sustained league success has made the Europa League less of an event and not as big a draw as a Cup Final or Champions League game.

No, but the problem is that it's overseas/long distance fans that make up a lot of the extra numbers for a game of a lifetime like Pana. Our sustained league success has made the Europa League less of an event and not as big a draw as a Cup Final or Champions League game.

Exactly,

We'll see the place packed to the rafters for the first group game! :evilgrin:

That's what I'm hoping. Couldn't make it over for this tie, but would be able to come over fro the group stages :cheers:

Absolutely no logical reason for thinking it, as Kuban clearly should be better than us in every department. There's also the play off round to negotiate (most likely against more high class opposition), but I've got a funny feeling in my gut about the Europa League this season!

:thumbup:

First leg officials are from Switzerland. In the wake of Ruban appointing a Romanian as manager, it's intersting to note the officials from the 2nd leg are from....Romania. http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000467/match=2012402/prematch/officials/index.html

First leg officials are from Switzerland. In the wake of Ruban appointing a Romanian as manager, it's intersting to note the officials from the 2nd leg are from....Romania. http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000467/match=2012402/prematch/officials/index.html

Can you imagine how difficult it would be if UEFA tried to appoint officials for Euro games that were from a different country from the all the players, coaches, managers and board members of each team?

Just bought my ticket there, the guy said they have sold 6,200.

That sounds about right, I really hoped we would have sold a few more, but Kuban are not a big name draw for the floating fan. At kick off there won't be much more in the ground (6400?), it's just a shame that the away stand will be empty as it will look shit on the Russian telly coverage. Personally I blame Kuban Krasnodar for not taking a bigger allocation of tickets. It's their first game in Europe and they can only bring 30 fans, poor show. ph34r.gifwhistling.gif

Edit: I just noticed that one of the Kuban fans has posted an instagram picture of his ticket, and it is for the south stand, So it appears that there will be fans in the away end after all.