Motherwell V Kuban Krasnodar

BigColin08

Worst Euro team I've seen at FP - one excellent player, but like all Euro teams they get a sniff and its in the pokey. New side or not, can't believe we lost to that drivvel tonight. Hibs in disguise :doh:

Last 5 Euro ties ...... Goals for 0, Goals against 10 ..... says it all.

Fucken Murder

• Like 1

Well its yet another big game disaster for Motherwell. And Europe over again before it starts. Sad very sad , feel sorry for the supporters more than anything. All the hard work last season getting second place ......for what .Plus were going tae lose money from this as well . Happy days. Lol .Oh aye and if St Johnston can do it why can't we. Eh.

Worst Euro team I've seen at FP - one excellent player, but like all Euro teams they get a sniff and its in the pokey. New side or not, can't believe we lost to that drivvel tonight. Hibs in disguise :doh:

Fucken Murder

our last goal was Hatleys free kick in Odense .Tears that night as well big man but for better reasons.

They weren't great, but they had the quality and composure when it mattered. Number 99 looked good. Not sure why Hollis was getting so much stick (other than that he was singled out before the game), he was hung out to dry on both goals. We had some chances, or maybe half chances, and a wee bit of luck and it could have been a different story. I don't think we can single out a scapegoat for this one, as a team we just weren't sharp enough.

3 goals needed now but stranger things have happened.

One thing I'll take from this is that it is going to be fun watching Vigurs and Faddy this year.

Think we should just save our money and cancel the charter flight!!

Disappointing stuff but the better team won. Faster, sharper and better players!! Don't care what anyone says here but they were a decent team, look organised and will do ok in the Europa League sections when they get there.

McFadden tried to do too much tonight, a few really good flashes but still looks off the pace, as did the majority of the team. Not their fault, the seasons not even started. Think we have a player in Vigurs tho, not scared to get on the ball and have a go.

Cant watch Sutton up there himself......torture !!

Yep, there was no edge to our game with just Sutton up there. Faddy was his usual self, trying too much and giving the ball away regularly, but he's our best chance at a spark of genius so you have to take the rough with the smooth. I thought they looked a lot quicker than us, and that told when they hit us on the counter.

My one compliant is that McCall went on in the presser about how he'd learned his lesson about committing to much to attack and being hit on the counter, then the 2nd goal happened to us. 0-1 wouldn't have been a horrible result to take there.

Fuck right off. Hollis had a good game. How the fuck can he sound like a bombscare. We played ok and lost a stupid fuckin goal due to Hammel. No blame on Hollis. Clueless c**t.

I thought he did alright, couple of very good stops and left exposed by his defence for both goals! He had one scarey moment but still better than some of those playing up front who were invisible tonight and well off the pace as the match progressed! Thought Hollis had broken a toe as he kicked the post so hard when the second one went in!!!

Hollis had a decent game and had no chance with either goal. He also pulled off a couple of great saves. Vigurs had some good chances but just didn't connect perfectly and very unlucky not to score at the end after a fantastic ball from ZFA. Think there are a lot of positives to take from the game.

Europe is a bonus. I think this team will get us there again next year.

• Like 1

Was impressed with Lawson v Forest, so had an eye on him tonight.

Thought he was immense. Keeping the ball, finding a man and building from deep.

Think I only noticed him give the ball away once.

Cant be too critical, but as has been said, its frustrating losing the same old goals.

Absolutely no worries for the season ahead with the squad we have, unless we have an injury apocalypse.

Fucken Murder

Don't agree with this at all. They were better than us and in a different universe from Hibs. The front three (Kabore, Popov, Balde) were all quality players that were a different level from our domestic league.

They were also, like Newcastle Utd, extremely tactically disciplined when we had the ball. We just don't come up against teams that defend that well off the ball and all over the park in our league. They make it so hard for players to find space and that is the key to creating chances. Hence our lack of goals.

I don't think you can fault anyone that played tonight for effort, some even played pretty well (I'd highlight Hutchinson and Lawson) but at the end of the day we just lack that little bit of quality across the team that these mid level European sides have with 30, 40 million to spend have.

Money talks, sadly.