Motherwell V Kuban Krasnodar

BigColin08

Hearing stories of Motherwell fans fighting amongst themselves in the East Stand at half time, although I didn't see anything myself.

Anyone shed some light?

i dont know what started it but there was a couple of guys having a go at each other it was more handbags than anything else and it was over in seconds when they stewards stept in

People said someone got stabbed, but that's not something you would miss, ambulance crew would have had to come in to the stand.

i heard there was a bit of bother before the game but nothing about anybody being stabbed

Just get the feeling if we had Humphrey and Ojamaa in the squad last night it could have been a different story, going forward at least.

Didn't make any different last season over four matches.

5 on target/ 6 off target v Panathinaikos (11 in total)

0 on target/ 3 off target v Levante (3 in total)

7 on target/ 5 off target v Kuban (12 in total)

i still hope we can go there and give a good account of ourselves, heard on the radio that mccall is a "realist" and the tie is over according to the bbc

that attitude is pish, especially for the guys travelling there and even more so for the players so i hope mccall won't actually say that to them, hope we go there and give it a real good go

they weren't anything specially and us winning there 2-0 isn't impossible or even 3-1 or 2-0 or 4-0 or any score lol.. it 11 vs 11 and our 11 show up and we play well and fight for every ball and take our chances anything can happen, no point going there if we're not going to have a go.. especially for how much it's actually costing we'd be better forfeiting..

LETS FUCKK THE HIBBEES

THEN THE RUSSIANS!!!!!!!! COYW :drinks:

• Like 1

Thought we did ok last night against a really good side. We did well defensively apart from the 2 goals in which they carved us open to be fair. A wee tad dissapointed in some of our deliveries into the box.....Feckin whip the ball in at pace i roared a few times instead of looping high balls to the back post. Anyway we will eventually learn from these type of games and hopefully we'll have another good season. Onwards and upwards. :cheers:

Didn't make any different last season over four matches.

5 on target/ 6 off target v Panathinaikos (11 in total)

0 on target/ 3 off target v Levante (3 in total)

7 on target/ 5 off target v Kuban (12 in total)

Interesting stats, i just feel with those two players we could have carved out more 'clear cut' opportunities, rather than Vigurs sending 25 yard dribblers into their keepers arms. The one time we did get to the byline and get a ball in we hit the post.

For me Kuban weren't on the same level as Pana or Levante and with a bit more directness and tenacity we could have had more chances.

Pretty irrelevant anyways seeing as they're both away. But anyway, Hibs are pish and we should beat them on Sunday.

Just get the feeling if we had Humphrey and Ojamaa in the squad last night it could have been a different story, going forward at least.

If we had Wullie Pettigrew & Dixie Deans playing we would've smashed them.

Ooops thought this was the completely irrelevant thread.

our tactics and performance made a mediocre team look good. a cold night at fir park ~ by comparison to what they are used to ~ a vociferous crowd, their first euro game ever and we sit back like a bunch of cowardy custards. we had a lot more in our tank than we displayed and that annoys me.

as for thursday, get 3 up front and have a real go. if we get rammed at least we tried

Tend not to come on here very often as it reminds me how many clueless c***s we have in our fan base. Reading this thread just confirms this. Some folk need to get a grip. We played decent enough last night and lost a stupid 2nd goal. Totally agree with Gazzy B about Hollis. He is not my favourite but folk seem to be willing him to make a c**t of it.

our tactics and performance made a mediocre team look good. a cold night at fir park ~ by comparison to what they are used to ~ a vociferous crowd, their first euro game ever and we sit back like a bunch of cowardy custards. we had a lot more in our tank than we displayed and that annoys me.

as for thursday, get 3 up front and have a real go. if we get rammed at least we tried

Christ, if they're a mediocre outfit what does that say about us?

We were beaten by the better team from what I saw, plain & simple. We didn't get hammered like Hibs did, and we certainly didn't disgrace ourselves.

I think some of our fans could do with an extended period of no European football at all, maybe give them a bit of a reality check. It feels as though European football is considered a bit of an entitlement these days by some, and the knives come out when we lose to clubs who have resources that leave ours in the dust.

Don't think many did have anything negative to say about Hollis.

But why change our tactics for home Euro games ? Let the fukkers worry about us, give them no respect and get stuck in. If we lose, then no regrets.

got to agree with that,SMC set up for the draw and we got beaten.i would like to have seen us go for it, who knows it might have paid off. The Kuban coach saw at half time that we were no threat with 1 up top and went to 2 at the back, 2 full backs pushed up and 7 mins in they got the goal.

We give European opposition too much respect, treat them the same as any other SPl team And get right into them, if we get beaten then so be it but at least we gave it a go

• Like 4