Motherwell V Kuban Krasnodar

BigColin08

there is certainly a lot of deluded opinions, ignoring most of the facts going into these euro games every season.

and this year is no different,

I was pretty happy with how the game was going in the first half, and even when we went down with the first we seemed to have the balance of play, but lack of match sharpness and practice as a team let us down once again.

there were plenty of neanderthal no necks, loving the opportunity to roar abuse at Hollis and McCall and Sutton all around me in the Cooper, same as there were last year against Pana and Levante, and all the piss poor home games that followed until the team eventually got going

Fact is we do not have a proven system this early in the season, we also do not have the fitness and sharpness of these teams, we've had a turnover in first team players with almost half of the first team changing and have only had what were effectively a couple of bounce games to try and get them to gel, now I accept that and live in some hope that the financial minnow can occasionally beat the giant, as frustrating as it is to then get a good opportunity and blow it with a few mistakes.

I hope that if we get the chance in future seasons, we can retain a team thats finished well and find a way to get them back together earlier in the summer and play plenty games together prior to the euro tie

• Like 1

Christ, if they're a mediocre outfit what does that say about us?

We were beaten by the better team from what I saw, plain & simple. We didn't get hammered like Hibs did, and we certainly didn't disgrace ourselves.

I think some of our fans could do with an extended period of no European football at all, maybe give them a bit of a reality check. It feels as though European football is considered a bit of an entitlement these days by some, and the knives come out when we lose to clubs who have resources that leave ours in the dust.

bla bla bla bla bla zzzzzzzzzzz !

• Like 1

Send the youth team. The tie is over.

Full focus should be on getting 3 points against Aberdeen next Sunday.

If there's no point playing our best players in Europe because we have no chance then there's no point playing them in League games cos there's no chance of winning that either.

Honestly with this attitude of not bother in Europe why bother in the league when the ultimate prize for doing well is ...ehm....Europe.

Why not go one further and just keep Faddy and Las etc.. for cup games?

We have an incredibly tiny chance on Thursday but there is still A chance and we might just keep it tight and fluke a goal from somewhere with 20 to go. If that happens I would rather have first teamers in the squad ready to have a go than a bunch of kids who are sitting shitting it.

• Like 3

Did any of them really imagine winning the tie was on the cards when they booked up ? Think for most its just being there that counts.

gotta laugh at that big man, why the fuk is everyone getting their knickers in a twist about last Thursday then?

What a load of pish.

Yeah, chances are we'll be beaten 2-0, 3-0 on Thursday night. But, nothing is set in stone. We a man in behind them, into their box and the keeper takes him down and is shown red, we score the pen and have 75 mins to get another against 10 men. Crazy senario, but not impossible. I'd rather take our best team, give them a game and even if we don't cause a real upset, it'll give the boys experience which carries over to cup games this season.

Pish...our strongest team should be going, we are 2-0 down at half time so we still have a chance to get something from the game. Apart from that is it asking too much to have the players play 2 games in 4 days, i think not. We are a new side, so everybody needs as much game time as they can to get to know each other. Sending the reserves to Kuban would be a big mistake, i have never liked the teams who field their League teams, Cup teams, Euro teams etc, as a fan you want to see the strongest team play every game.

When we are 3-2 up on aggregate and into the last 30 seconds of the game then SMC can rest a few of the players, but not before :whistling:

• Like 2