Motherwell V Kuban Krasnodar

BigColin08

gotta laugh at that big man, why the fuk is everyone getting their knickers in a twist about last Thursday then?

Jeez Iain, please take it in the context it was posted. That being as a reply to a comment about those who booked up to travel before last week's match ----- and not connected with last Thursday's formation/tactics/result.

If i was McCall, i would just play the reserves for this game, dont think any fan travelling would care if it guaranteed us 3 points on sunday against the dons, much rather we won this one and put all our efforts into this game. I would start Gunnar, Kerr, Bob, Cummins, Carswell & Erwin and give them a run out and keep rest fresh for Sunday. Think anier and Zangol should defo start against dons, as badly lacked pace before they came on.

Although I don't agree with playing a weakened team, I also believe that at times playing some of the younger players should be the way forward as it gives them the experience they might need in future seasons and they also play with less fear of defeat, so for those reasons I'd keep the defence the same but bring in a younger midfield and strike force.

Is the whole point of doing well in the league not about attemting to qualify for europe?

Of course it is because ultimately Nancy, Athens, Levante, Kransdor,Odense is a bigger and better stage for the club, the players and the supporters than Paisley, Maryhill and Dundee.

If we send an under strength team out on Thursday we might as well sut the doors and not bother - interestingly though if was a part under strength team that started last year in Valencia and put in one of our best away european performances. It was only when we introduced a couple of our so called superstars that we fell apart for the last quarter of the game.

I travel this week in hope more than expectation but if we are going to make up the numbers than you really need to question the managers ambition in the same way many have questioned Nicky Laws ambition. I for one would rather see us score on Thursday and have a go than win one of four potentially 5 boring matches that we will play against Aberdeen this season and the next 10 seasons.

So frazzle - f*ck your changes and go and try and win the game!!

Is the whole point of doing well in the league not about attemting to qualify for europe?

Of course it is because ultimately Nancy, Athens, Levante, Kransdor,Odense is a bigger and better stage for the club, the players and the supporters than Paisley, Maryhill and Dundee.

If we send an under strength team out on Thursday we might as well sut the doors and not bother - interestingly though if was a part under strength team that started last year in Valencia and put in one of our best away european performances. It was only when we introduced a couple of our so called superstars that we fell apart for the last quarter of the game.

I travel this week in hope more than expectation but if we are going to make up the numbers than you really need to question the managers ambition in the same way many have questioned Nicky Laws ambition. I for one would rather see us score on Thursday and have a go than win one of four potentially 5 boring matches that we will play against Aberdeen this season and the next 10 seasons.

So frazzle - f*ck your changes and go and try and win the game!!

Our best team couldn't beat them at Fir Park so you can forgive me for doubting that they'll get a result behind the Iron Curtain!

Having said that, if I was going I would probably be saying the same as you.

If I was McCall I'd be sending a team of reserves to Russia! My focus in on those sheep shaggers on Sunday whom, as I may have mentioned, hate with every fibre of my being.

I'm afraid I can't agree with that.

We could end up sending our reserves To Russia and they receive a right going over which will do nothing for their confidence.

Then on Sunday, the sheep decide to give out "1st" team a good going over due to lack of competitive match practice.

No thanks.

• Like 1

Similar type of team to last years second leg vs Levante, again following 0-2 reverse at home, would be my prediction for Thursday.

A mix of young/fringe players and a few experienced players, with some of the more established first teamers left at home.

Didn't agree with it totally last year, but if the same happens again and the 'priority' is the weekends league game, then it puts a bit more pressure on the manager to get a result in the league match.

We have plenty of time to make up points in the league.

Full focus should be on doing ourselves justice in Europe for the first time in a few years. Leaving players at home piles unnecessary pressure onto the Aberdeen game.

Travelling away with a 2-0 deficit always reminds me of Wembley 99. Glorious failure would be an achievement.

Pish...our strongest team should be going, we are 2-0 down at half time so we still have a chance to get something from the game. Apart from that is it asking too much to have the players play 2 games in 4 days, i think not. We are a new side, so everybody needs as much game time as they can to get to know each other. Sending the reserves to Kuban would be a big mistake, i have never liked the teams who field their League teams, Cup teams, Euro teams etc, as a fan you want to see the strongest team play every game.

When we are 3-2 up on aggregate and into the last 30 seconds of the game then SMC can rest a few of the players, but not before :whistling:

That's got fuk all to do with it it's the travelling to & from Russia that stuffs the body up & arriving home Friday night with a game on Sunday is far from ideal. Anyway when we do our usual & get beat 3-0 (5-0agg) & Faddy picks up an injury that rules him out for 6 months then these people shouting for the full first team will be the first to say 'Why the hell did he send Faddy to Russia for a game that was already lost'