Motherwell V Kuban Krasnodar

BigColin08

We have been trying to establish information on a 'zone' and also ticket information but to be fair to our people, this has proven somewhat difficult although we now have some info to share.

The latest today is that our supporters will be able to enter the match for free. What that means in terms of getting a ticket for free and using it, or turning up on the night and just getting in - we are not clear (we have asked obviously).

Whatever happens, we will have staff members on the ground from tomorrow (late afternoon). Alan B will post the info as we receive it therefore look online for more information.

It is my understanding that we will be given actual tickets on Wednesday evening when we attend the training session. So Jennifer, myself and Alan Marshall, if all going to plan and what we are being told is accurate, should have some tickets to give out for free from Wednesday evening.

Failing that, we'll make arrangements to meet supporters at the ground and sort it out.

Leeann

I know form when I've been up at the club recently the staff (Jennifer in particular) have been working their socks off to organise things it seems our hosts/host country is proving troublesome to say the least.

Roll on 04:00 yahoo.gif

Game already lost....FFS what a ridiculous statement to make..hopefully none of the players have the same attitude as you.

Our best starting XI struggled badly to beat a pish poor Hibs team & you think they are going to go to Russia & fire 3 past a team that hasn't lost since November. Aye right the tie is very much alive.

Go to Greece if we get an early goal you never know. Result = pumped

Go to Spain if we get an early goal you never know. Result = pumped

Go to Russia if we get an early goal you never know. Result = seeing any kind of pattern here?

Leave the older players behind & send the younger ones. Leave Faddy, Sutton, McManus, Lasley, Hammel, Ramsden and send over a mixture of first team & reserves all younger boys who will gain invaluable experience & have enough energy buzzing about to put up a good fight.

• Like 1

Our best starting XI struggled badly to beat a pish poor Hibs team & you think they are going to go to Russia & fire 3 past a team that hasn't lost since November. Aye right the tie is very much alive.

Go to Greece if we get an early goal you never know. Result = pumped

Go to Spain if we get an early goal you never know. Result = pumped

Go to Russia if we get an early goal you never know. Result = seeing any kind of pattern here?

Leave the older players behind & send the younger ones. Leave Faddy, Sutton, McManus, Lasley, Hammel, Ramsden and send over a mixture of first team & reserves all younger boys who will gain invaluable experience & have enough energy buzzing about to put up a good fight.

Away and dont talk shite...you sound like a "Glass always empty" sort of guy, do you ever see the final whistle of any games you go to, "oh feck its 20 mins in, we are 2 down, the games lost i'm away up the road". :doh: As you point out we have been beaten by better teams, there is no shame in that but at least we tried with our best players.

OR you were not attending matches

You and Big Pie have to be the biggest jinxes out there :evilgrin:

I've been to 12 games outside of Scotland to watch my teams (MFC and Scotland) and I have never seen us score a goal. This stretches back to a 2-0 defeat in Belgium for Scotland until the recent 0-0 draw in Doncaster for Motherwell and includes such highlights as Levein playing no strikers in Prague, Norway sticking 4 past the Caldwells and the 'Well drawing a blank against an amateur side down south (Ashington).

I am going to both the U21 game at Bramall Lane and the Auld Enemy clash at Wembley and if I've got to 14 without a goal I may pack it in.

Or I may not.... :cheers:

What a fucking joke. Where is the ambition from our club. Yes we are 2-0 down, but if we were to get an early goal then who knows what might happen.

But before a ball is kicked he has left three of our best players at home.

Also McCalls words after the game were annoying as fuck. 'The tie is over. We have no chance' etc etc.

I have no idea why we even take part in this competition.

If this is the prize for getting second in the league then fuck it, what is the actual point?

• Like 3

Pretty disappointed with the decision to leave players at home really. To overturn the 2-0 is a big ask but I don't think to completely rule it out is the right attitude. Sure the league is important but it's only the second game of the season, if I had travelled I'd be pretty pissed off.

Really disappointing approach to leave key players behind. I know the odds are stacked against us, but as others have said, it shows a real lack of ambition/belief and is a bit of a kick in the nuts for those that have travelled over; including the players, who some of which might not believe a tie is lost at 2-0 down.

I find it a bit strange (ironic?) that two games into a season 3 points in the league are so vital, so much so that we send a weakened team out in European games, when the best we can ultimately hope for from the league is to qualify for Europe.

Honestly would have preferred to go out scrapping (and who knows maybe scoring a goal/winning the game even if not the tie) than to marginally increase our chances of 3 points against Aberdeen.

But I suppose you never know, I may have preferred to start Anier over Sutton anyway (pace on the break and all that), might be a blessing in disguise. Fingers crossed and I'm sure the fans over there will be having a blast anyway cheers.gif

What if this side that takes the field on Thursday beats Kuban Krasnodor and the side that takes the field on Sunday beats Aberdeen would that be then a good call from McCall ?

As im sure Lee Hollis would testify, no-one's interested in waiting to find out...it would seem.

People may not like it and that is understandable, but I think McCall has made the right decision.

He has stated that he has consulted with the team physio and the 3 players left behind appear more prone to stiffness after matches, so to have them sit on a 6 hour plane journey a couple of days before we play a very imortant league game is wise. We may lose both games - we may win both, but realistically we have a better chnace on Sunday than tomorrow evening.

You could also argue that Faddy and Sutton and even Vigurs have not started the season that well, so maybe the team we put on the park tomorrow will do as good a job or even better.......

Brazilian must have the inside track or it was a very good guess :whistling: