Motherwell V Kuban Krasnodar

BigColin08

1375988503[/url]' post='392666']

Knew McHugh would make a c**t of it the second he grabbed the ball. Great striker against youth players who don't give a fuck,shite against real players!

Usual euro fare from us,line up with strange team/tactics,play decent,lose a stupid goal and finish Motherwell nil. Biggest plus was Nielsen

Youth players don't give a fuck? Excellent summing up.

Your second paragraph is stop on though

Same old same old tho we do seem a bit reticent to go in a forward direction,desperately need some pace no real signs of creativity.agree hammy should have taken pen might have given those that travelled a wee bit cheer if we'd scoredmellow.gif

why's mccall holding his head in hands after the pen when he clearly wasn't bothered about the result?

there is no difference between 1-0 and 1-1.

There's a heck of a difference between getting beat and drawing.

Can you PM me the name of your bookies?

How was it same as last season?

4-5-1 at home?

I remember us playing 4-4-2

4231 both games

Midfield looked like

Lasley Law

Humphrey Ojamaa McFadden

last season

and

Lasley Lawson

McFadden Vigurs Angol

last week

Anyone saying Ojamaa was playing as an out and out striker last season is kidding themselves on. You can argue about comparative quality of players but it was the same shape. Vigurs having less pace than Ojamaa and having to track back more as we were playing a better team made it look like a 451...

When all is said and done the better team has gone through but its frustrating that we've been as culpable as we have in our exit. From Hammy's give away last week to an utterly horrendous OG from McManus to McHugh missing a penalty.

It seems be going against the grain but again like last week I don't think McCall was a million miles off the mark with his tactics and again individuals in the team have had a major bearing on the outcome.

I thought we played pretty well tonight. Well organised for the most part and had decent possession. Seemed to me the game plan was fine to a point. We didn't lose the early goal so there was no danger of them sniffing blood. Then took it half-time.

The question mark would be at what stage in the game did he intend to make a fist at trying to claw back the two goals in the second half, if he had any intention that is. The OG obviously killed any notions of that happening if it ever was in the plan.

Good penalty save from Nielson. I was impressed with Anier also. A very willing runner and did well off the scraps that came his way.

The penalty miss at the death though just seems to have magnified the frustration of it all though.

Yes it just wasn't meant to be. I think some folk are being a tad harsh we've lost 8 players and it's a new team virtually of course they'll be bumps along the road we just got a crap draw with a Russian team whose the biggest supported in their country and bankrolled by a zillionaire. Lets get our focus back on what we do pretty well and that starts this sunday. :thumbup:

Not sure if I'm understanding this correct, did the guys attack some fans and steal the flag or did they just swipe it when it was left unattended?If they attacked then its out of order but if they swiped it then what can you say - many a well fan might have tried it for a laugh when they were younger. Hope they get the flag back.

I believe flag was swiped in a square, maybe unattended but Well fans not that far away. Attack was 3 fans walking down road and minibus pulled up and they were attacked from behind. Flag has been returned by Dimitri after a phone call. Safely back in hotel now after Dimitri's friend came to away end with minibus to transport us back to hotel. Many Kuban fans wanting to swap colors after game, no idiots in sight.

Yes it just wasn't meant to be. I think some folk are being a tad harsh we've lost 8 players and it's a new team virtually of course they'll be bumps along the road we just got a crap draw with a Russian team whose the biggest supported in their country and bankrolled by a zillionaire. Lets get our focus back on what we do pretty well and that starts this sunday. :thumbup:

THIS

It was a sh1te draw and I said it all along.....

Does not take away from the fun had in Nancy, Odense, Athens etc. All great trips and many more...

Let us hope the draw is kinder next year :nod:

When will folk on here start to realise that our players cant play their normal game in europe because they are up against superior opposition who are quicker, stronger and pressure the ball. Thats what forces the mistakes we continue to make. Tactics can play there part, and we could have gone for it tonight at 1-0 but that would have left more space at the back which they proved last week they have the ability to exploit.

We did ok tonight. The og and the penalty miss are hard to take, but its great experience for the players. We wont play another team as good as that this season. People need to be realistic about our level.

I still think we will have a good season and I would love a tilt at the Scottish Cup. We have a good manager and some good players. Lets try and enjoy them.

• Like 1