Motherwell V Kuban Krasnodar

BigColin08

I'm in the odd position of not having seen any of the preseason games so don't really know how we're looking.

So when I say that I'd prefer us to set up 4231, I say that not knowing exactly how iffy our defence has looked.

Not knowing how good or bad Kuban are in comparison to us, I have no idea how the game will go. All I ask is that we do ourselves justice. Not so much in European games, when we've simply been beaten by better teams, but in domestic cup games, we've not performed as we can and gone out to inferior teams (both cups last season leap to mind). That's my concern, that we freeze. Most of the squad have played in a good few big games in their career now, so there's no excuse...

Purely out of interest, what would people say to a 4-3-2-1 of:

GK: Neilsen

RB: Ramsden

CB: Hutchinson

CB: McManus

LB: Hammell

MC: Lasley

MC: Lawson

MC: Carswell

AMC: Vigurs

AMC: McFadden

ST: Sutton

Id say absolutely no way, no pace or width would guarantee Sutton being stranded up top and us inviting them onto us,

I like the look of that line up and McFadden and Vigurs definitely have the quality to find little pockets of space and get on the ball in the area between the Russians defence and midfield, however I don't know if Sutton is be the right kind of striker to play in that formation with those players.

There is still very little width or pace to get balls into the box in the kind of areas where Sutton would be more effective. For me, Anier or McHugh who will play on the shoulder of the last defender and make runs in behind for Faddy and Vigurs to pick out could be more useful.

Just realised as I type this that we have James McFadden in our team for a bloody European game....we're gonna go through nae bother!thumbup.gif

Anyone who thinks we're gonna win this easily needs their head read. Spoke to a guy today who reckons we'll win 5-0 on aggregate! Mental.

If we scrape through it'll be the best result in our short European history

th

Anyone who thinks we're gonna win this easily needs their head read. Spoke to a guy today who reckons we'll win 5-0 on aggregate! Mental.

If we scrape through it'll be the best result in our short European history

There were Hibs fans on the radio who reckoned an early goal could set them up for a 3-0 win v

Malmo. Football fans optimism knows no bounds !

Neilson

Ramsden

Hutchison

McManus

Hammell

Lawson

Lasley

Vigurs

McFadden

Sutton

Angol

That is the team for me and probably our 1st choice line up this season. I hope ZFA gets the nod over Carswell. I like Carswell but ZFA is more likely to create.

That said there is usually at least 1 surprise and I just wonder if someone on this thread might be eating a pile of poo come 19:45 tomorrow evening :evilgrin:

Not sure if McCall is clear who is 1st choice keeper - even if we all seem to agree on here

Neilson

Ramsden

Hutchison

McManus

Hammell

Lawson

Lasley

Vigurs

McFadden

ZFA

McHugh/Anier

That's how I'd line up as Sutton cannot play up front on his own. I'm a wee bit concerned about faddy's fitness levels he barely tracked back at all vs Forest but hopefully he can provide another bit of magic for us. It will be difficult a 1-0 home win would be smashing

I am sure McCall may have similar concerns, although a 90% Faddy is still worth having in your team.

Plus - How is he going to get fitter, not by having him in the dugout.

He will be blowing out his arse after 10 minutes, but he is still capable of a moment of brilliance and that is why he will start.

I cannot see us not conceding. I will go for a 1-1 or 2-1 narrow defeat. Anything better would be braw. But this team have not lost in 15 league games and have played a lot better sides than Motherwell..

We will win, 4-1. thumbup.gif

I applaud your optimism, however a result like that would send shockwaves throughout Europe and is unlikely to happen. Even Celtic, currently the best team in Scotland, would probably struggle to score four against them. The most we can hope for is 1-0 to us, however I reckon we will concede at least one goal.

A thousand nil to us and all our team gets bought for 1 billion pounds at the end of it...

Realistically, we will score but what they do is a different story. I fear we will gift them goals like every single time we play a good team Celtic, Odense, Nancy, Pana, Newcastle...

The crowd will play a big part. I hope were all up for it!!

• Like 1

Anyone heard anything on ticket sales - has the south stand been opened?

Unless there is a sudden rush for tickets tomorrow, I very much doubt we will open the south stand. It is looking like we will be doing well to get a crowd of around 7000. Although I think tickets are on sale until kick off.

Going to try and take this game in tomorrow. Question: can I book and pay for a ticket over the phone and collect after work?

No idea how these things work nowadays

Yea that's what I did today, nice and easy!

Although maybe get on the phone early, I went to collect mine 4 hours after I called and gave my card details and it hadn't been processed by the time I got there. The girl also said they expect it to be busy tomorrow.

Going to try and take this game in tomorrow. Question: can I book and pay for a ticket over the phone and collect after work?

Have done this before for ticket games.

I did read elsewhere that the club will sell tickets from the ticket office up til k/o. However, when I payed by phone I was able to skip the queue! Call them in the morning. Sure they will sort you out.

Id imagine, if, you can get through on the phone they will sell you it,worth a try

ticket office is open until kick off but imagine it will be bedlam from around 530 onwards