TV Games Kick Off Times

Spiderpig

Your Preferred Weekend Kick Off Time  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is you preferred kick-off time?

• Friday Night 7:45pm approx.
    • Saturday Lunchtime 12:30pm approx.
    • Saturday Afternoon 3pm
    • Saturday Evening 5:30pm
    • Sunday Lunchtime 12:30pm approx.
    • Sunday Afternoon 3pm
    • Sunday Evening 5:30pm approx.
    • Monday Evening 7:45pm

Just been looking on the ESPN / BT sport site and our home game against Kilmarnock onn 31st August is being shown live with a 17:30 kick off :doh:

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/scottishfootball/bt-sports-spfl-picks-for-august-at-a-glance-S11363819562290

Looks like the SPFL premiership games are geting the shit TV slots again.

Just been looking on the ESPN / BT sport site and our home game against Kilmarnock onn 31st August is being shown live with a 17:30 kick off :doh:

http://sport.bt.com/...S11363819562290

Looks like the SPFL premiership games are geting the shit TV slots again.

Is it just me that thinks later on a Saturday seems like a great time for a game?

But not as good as 3pm Sat, disnae matter what time slot we get, it's a fucking nuisance being moved from the normal time to suit armchair fans.

Got to agree.

While I can see why some folk might like Friday/Saturday evenings for matches, I definitely dont. Anything other than 3pm on a Saturday is a load of pish

But not as good as 3pm Sat, disnae matter what time slot we get, it's a fucking nuisance being moved from the normal time to suit armchair fans.

I think in this day and age, 3pm on a Saturday is no longer the ideal time for a standard kick off anymore.

Move it earlier and let folks enjoy the rest of the day.

I think in this day and age, 3pm on a Saturday is no longer the ideal time for a standard kick off anymore.

Move it earlier and let folks enjoy the rest of the day.

Disagree, fitba' fans plan their weekends around 3pm Saturday kick-offs, different days now obviously but for the most part that rule still applies. Moving times might suit the odd one or two but losing a diehard to be replaced by a casual observer is not good practice. Way things are going diehards will be lost to the game more and more, already happening. So the arguing goes on.

A 5.30 KO is not ideal for getting fans into the ground.

The Ross County fans won't get up the road until after midnight, not much of a Saturday night if their driving.

Heard earlier that for Stranraer V County, some County flans flew Inverness to Belfast on the Friday then ferry over on Sat. Still cheaper than the bus south and a lot more enjoyable no doubt :thumbup:

snapback.pngCoolhandluc, on 04 August 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Heard earlier that for Stranraer V County, some County flans flew Inverness to Belfast on the Friday then ferry over on Sat. Still cheaper than the bus south and a lot more enjoyable no doubt :thumbup:

Off the ball ?

Aye I heard that on Off the ball

A standard 12pm Saturday kick off beats 3pm every time.

Games played in daylight regardless of the season.

You can get home with enough time to do something with the rest of the day.

More uninterrupted drinking time post match.

People are too busy in this day and age to spend the best part of the day at football. Kids, family and friends all make it more difficult.

I'm certain if the kick off was earlier you'd get an increase on the gate. People need to evolve and stop thinking because it's always been like that somehow makes it right.

I know some will disagree, but more will agree which is why it should change.

People are too busy in this day and age to spend the best part of the day at football. Kids, family and friends all make it more difficult.

I'm certain if the kick off was earlier you'd get an increase on the gate. People need to evolve and stop thinking because it's always been like that somehow makes it right.

no it doesnt, just ask the clubs who are trying to get away from the early kick offs as people do not attend int the same numbers

but I cant decide if you're trolling or not, as you clearly just making facts up, ask all these families that you say prefer 12noon kos, what their kids are up to on a Saturday morning

Not. Sure. If. Serious.

no it doet, just asjustclubs who are trying to get away from the early kick offs as people do not attend int the same numbers

but I cant decide if you're trolling or not, as you clearly just making facts up, ask all these families that you say prefer 12noon kos, what their kids are up to on a Saturday morning

I'm not talking about games on Sky.

Those games, as you point out at have lower attendances due to being televised.

I'm say all games should kick off at 12 on a Saturday.

Traditional aside, we should look to reinvent the Premiership and this for me is just another way to help boost support.

Course I'm serious. I'm not entirely shocked at the responses to be honest. people just get stuck in their ways and don't like change.

I think we're more interested in where you got your statistics from in regard to "I know some will disagree, but more will agree which is why it should change." I'm guessing ICT and Ross County fans won't be too amenable to traveling to noon kick-offs every other weekend.

I prefer 3pm on a Saturday because it's convenient. However, more important is consistency so that all games are played on the same day/same time every weekend and same day/same time if it's a midweek tie.

So 12 noon kick off then? Hmmm, right away you alienate all those families who have sons or daughters playing football on Saturday mornings, you can't go upsetting the entire youth system just to prove your point as it then becomes more of a tug of war trying to get fans in, many of whom already have their Saturday planned out, fitba' wi kids in the morning, fitba' at Fir Park afternoon. Just one example but one which potentially loses hundreds of fans, and/or loses hundreds from youth football. Clever thinking. Only higher standard amateur and Junior football is played to coincide with pro games in the afternoon and they're not going to turn up to replace the ones you've just lost cos they're more interested in their own careers.

Plenty more examples to come I'm sure but that one is enough for me.