Motherwell V Aberdeen 11/8/13

Welldaft Mk1

I know we have a Euro tie before this game but......

According to some of the quotes I have seen - they are coming down to Fir Park to show us and the rest of the league they are the real deal.

Never had anything against Aberdeen, but developed a pathological dislike to them whilst McGhee and Paw Broon were there.

They do look to have a strong squad and more potent than ourselves at the moment.

This is already a HUGE game and it would give me great joy were we to beat them and send them and their fans back up the road with a reality check.

Hopefully our fans turn up in numbers for our 1st home game as I beleive they may well bring their largest travelling support for a league game in some time....

MON THE WELL

Can't make this game but I have a bad feeling about it. I know Aberdeen have on a few occasions turned up at Fir Park with a team that has looked good on paper and we've showed them up but I just suspect that this time they may have too much for us. A few factors make me think this. They're bedding in fewer new players than we are, they're not playing in Russia on Thursday night and for the first time in a good few seasons, they have more matchwinners in their side than we have...

Go on, Motherwell, prove me wrong...

By all accounts they put in a good performance and I like the way McInnes comes across. I think he will turn them around. Some people might be getting a bit carried away tipping them as run away favourites for 2nd but I think they are stick ons for the Top Six.

It would have been a tough match for us anyway what with the European situation. I'd probably take a draw from this one before hand.

Pundits always tip them to do well cos they're the easy option, next biggest club, more signings than most, biggest failures in recent years in comparative terms than the rest of the league put together. Always capable of giving us a game mind you and one of these days they will live up to their potential, but by fuck they've paid through the nose for that day when it eventually comes.

Would be quite happy with a point if offered it right now die to our travels during the week. I haven't seen any highlights but by all accounts Aberdeen were quite impressive against Killie on Saturday!

Ill say 2-2 but got a horrible feeling we they might get one over on us for the first time in the league since .. 2008? 2009?

Pundits always tip them to do well cos they're the easy option, next biggest club, more signings than most, biggest failures in recent years in comparative terms than the rest of the league put together. Always capable of giving us a game mind you and one of these days they will live up to their potential, but by fuck they've paid through the nose for that day when it eventually comes.

I think this time is a little different, They had a decent defence and keeper last year. They've strengthend with a better manager, brought in three better midfielders and a decent striker to support their good striker. They should be bookies choice for second.

Having said that I think something is rank up there. If they don't finish in Europe this year they should just give in and forget it.

• Like 1

Their first away game of the season on the back of a win and the usual hype of their second coming could have had the £££ rolling in.

Will still be a good support I'm sure but maybe not quite so lucrative as it might have been for the club had it been a Saturday instead of Sunday.

Still. One of the bigger league games of the season to look forward to.

I think the Hearts support at Perth and hopefully the Aberdeen support on Sunday will show why chairmen around the country want the city clubs doing well. As long as we can still compete and live within our means I'm more than happy to take visiting fans' money.

Always hated Aberdeen due to disproportinate ammount of Aberdeen fans in my home town of Carluke, due to them growing up when Aberdeen were successful and gave them the best chance of bragging rights. A bunch of wankers and wind up merchants who never went to the games, save for the odd trip to see Aberdeen at Fir Park which riled me even more. Despite being born and raised hundreds of miles from Aberdeen they certainly were able to adopt the delusion and superiority complex native Aberdeen fans have.

The fact that they have won the same ammount of trophies as we have in the last 20 years, been in Europe less, been in the top 6 less and generally been a rudderless red neck obviously pleases me immensely!!

McGhee and Broon going there only added to mix, but the seeds had long been since sewn!

Our domination over them in the league has been nothing short of magnificent. They have been fucking owned for nigh on 5 years. Would great to burst their bubble after only 2 games in!

However, I believe they will have their day on Sunday though as they have added to their squad quite impressively in the summer whilst our new team is still finding their feet and looks quite impotent going forward, coupled with the Russian factor on Thursday.

Would bite your hand off for a draw.

The one thing that gives me some hope of a point at least is the quality of our defence. Against the negatives of our Russian exertions and new players still finding their feet, I'm hopeful we get a result.

In a similar position last year I remember McCall getting the players to get out the traps fast looking for early goals so we could defend a lead when we tired in the last 30 mins. If we can do the same again this time I think we have enough talent in the back 4 to hang on.

Absolutely detest Aberdeen, the way they still think there a massive club, stolen managers and players off us left right and centre, and what has happened to them all they have all fell flat on there face being sacked or career has went downhill!

I have never wanted to beat Aberdeen as much as i do on Sunday, hear there bringing between 3500 and 4000 fans down on Sunday so they will be up for it, just hope McCall rests players and keeps everyone fresh for Sunday, as its a far bigger game. Think ourselves and Aberdeen will battle it out for 2nd this season, so to beat them this earlier be a good Psychologically.

Lets hope we get a decent turnout as well, as need fans to cheers us on as 3500 of them in the South stand always make alot of noise.

got a good feeling for this one, 3-0 to us with 2 from Anier and 1 from Faddy :drinks:

I'd drink to that. In fact, I would drink heavily if that happened :cheers:

I'd be amazed if they brought 3,500 on Sunday but fair play to them if they do. It would be great to get close to 10k in total for a non-OF game.

1375803064[/url]' post='392275']

Absolutely detest Aberdeen, the way they still think there a massive club, stolen managers and players off us left right and centre, and what has happened to them all they have all fell flat on there face being sacked or career has went downhill!

I have never wanted to beat Aberdeen as much as i do on Sunday, hear there bringing between 3500 and 4000 fans down on Sunday so they will be up for it, just hope McCall rests players and keeps everyone fresh for Sunday, as its a far bigger game. Think ourselves and Aberdeen will battle it out for 2nd this season, so to beat them this earlier be a good Psychologically.

Lets hope we get a decent turnout as well, as need fans to cheers us on as 3500 of them in the South stand always make alot of noise.

Aye? That'll be every member of their West/Central Scotland, erm, diehards joining us for their end of season bash then.

Might have been close to 3000 were it a Saturday. No way will there be that many for a Sunday.

I reckon between 1200 and 1800 - which is still a decent support and 1000 more fans than we would take up to Pittodire

It be alot more than that 3000 minimum even though its a sunday, trust me the bottom tier of south and most of top tier be full on sunday.