Motherwell V Aberdeen 11/8/13

Welldaft Mk1

.......................Langfield.................

Shaugnhnessy....Anderson....Reynolds....Robertson

.......................Jack......................

Hayes.........Flood........Robson.......McGinn...

.......................Zola......................

Aberdeen from last week. On paper looks a strong team by SPL standards. As I pointed out in my earlier post perhaps the one weakness would be the two younger players in the full back positions. Across the midfield they look quite formidable to me. Flood is a tremendous player, one of the best in the league and I think Aberdeen pulled off a real coup by signing him. Hayes and McGinn give them pace on the sides with goal threat as well and Zola from what I saw in the highlights looks like he might be a handful.

Don't think it is lazy punditry, I think this will be one of the hardest matches of the season. At least looking at it on paper.

No complaints ,we we're totally outplayed by a good Aberdeen side. Started well but we were never in it to be honest . What is really worrying is the lack of pace throughout the team . Hollis played well in goal but we never had an outfield player today. Faddy was poor, and McManus is a disaster waiting to happen . Big big improvement needed .

Brutal full game. We've became an ineffective long ball team, and never troubled the goalie after the first minute.

3 of the worst players didn't even travel to Russia!! Faddy did nothing again worryingly.

Subs were made far far too late and when they were made it smacked of desperation.

Aberdeen could've won by more and looked really good.

2rd penalty was ridiculously soft.

Aberdeen deserved to win. Even in the 1st half alone they hit the bar twice and forced a good save from Hollis.

Still, we actually got to the hour and looked quite comfortable. ZFA also had a great chance on the break and made a complete arse of it. Then Hammell made yet another mistake and McManus cleared the boy out. Stonewall pen and then there was only one winner. The next two goals both came from set pieces.

Poor defending and a lack of cutting edge. Anier took his goal well but him and Sutton were feeding off scraps all game. Faddy is never a right a winger but until we get one in I suppose he's stuck there. For all the abuse he gets Hollis made another couple of great saves today and had no chance with any of the goals. Surprisingly it was his defence that let him down..

No panic from me but that was pretty poor today.

Afraid we were pretty much outclassed by a team that was more offensive, faster and passed the ball much better.

No complaints about the result in fact it could have been a really bad defeat as they crashed a couple off the bar and Hollis made a few good saves.

Don't have much more to say really, it was just a deserved defeat that could have been heavier.

Today would have been acceptable if we had we went full pelt in Russia.

Next time McCall opts to rest a few players and plan ahead for a 'big game', make sure you leave behind players that are well drilled in dragging you through the game in question.

Aberdeen by far the better team today, enjoyed watching the link up play of Pawlett, Hayes and McGinn. Early days for us but we haven't came close to replacing the quality we lost in the summer. Today may put to bed the theory that Vigurs is a replacement for Law.

Right now we are carrying a few and a team like us can't do that. Thought Vigurs placed some good passes from centre mid but we really missed Lawson sitting in front of the back four. McCall needs to fund his best shape really quickly as 4-4-2 with no pace isn't working. We all love Faddy and hopefully he'll come good soon.