Motherwell V Aberdeen 11/8/13

Welldaft Mk1

That's one thing that pissed me off, Reynold's celebration. The common thing is for ex-players to have a somewhat muted celebration if they score against their former club is it not? Let alone one he allegedly supported?

I disagree with the full "muted celebration" thing to begin with. The player should be supporting the new club to the hilt, and celebrating for their fans, and with their teammates should be the norm. Unless it's deliberately antagonistic to the opposition (think Adebayor's mad full pitch run) then I have no issue with an ex-player choosing to celebrate.

Sorry, hadn't realised I had stumbled across the North Korean Motherwell supporters messageboard.

Complained about this before. Left it this time, despite thinking that there's an argument either way on Sutton's performances, but I think that certain admins can be a tad click-happy. Even more aggravating is that I enjoy the majority of their output.

• Like 1

I think you've got to be a happy clapper, or around in the Jock Wallace era to be allowed a free reign in here. Imagine closing a thread criticising a player on a football fans messageboard, deary, deary me.

I didn't close the thread but will make a stab at guessing why it was.

You've made your feelings known about Sutton on several occasions on several threads since he resigned not least the thread started on Sunday.

That thread for me kind of discussed pretty much all there was to discuss and had gone round the houses a couple of times. Threads like that eventually only go one way when people get fed up reading the same points regurgitated over and over and that's when the abuse starts.

It does little good either when you or those arguing with or against you start the 'told you so' stuff every other week as we saw with the Higdon thread for two years.

That's been nipped in the bud.

Arguably too early perhaps but with the best of intentions

Consider also that there is a responsibility to all on here and not just you as the OP. By that I mean other folk who read the forum, plentt of whom who have walked over the years when threads like this get bogged down.

I disagree with the full "muted celebration" thing to begin with. The player should be supporting the new club to the hilt, and celebrating for their fans, and with their teammates should be the norm. Unless it's deliberately antagonistic to the opposition (think Adebayor's mad full pitch run) then I have no issue with an ex-player choosing to celebrate.

Agree almost entirely with this. They pay his wages, there's 2000 fans going absolutely mental and you've just made an absolute belter of a connection with a header, you're going to go tonto. I've no idea about Reynolds departure but it wouldn't surprise me if he was given a wee nudge out the door. Wednesday was a shite move for him so any annoyance would be amplified by this.

The only bit I disagree with is the bit about Adebayor's being wrong, because it was absolutely brilliant. Anything that makes grown men look like this:

10zv5te.jpg

Should be encouraged at every opportunity, what a bunch of absolute mutants.