Motherwell V Aberdeen 11/8/13

Welldaft Mk1

Amazing that we are arguing over two OK keepers who are no better than each other. Neither are Ruddy or Randolph but nor are they steve woods!

The part of the team is Striker for me if MCall wants to play 4-2-3-1 (which he looks like he does) then Faddy should be the 1 in behind with ZFA and Viguers playing "wide" and Anier or Mchugh on there own. Since Sutton cant play on his own he is a finisher not a footballer! If we want to play 2 up we could play faddy and sutton with a Diamon of Lawson Viguers Lasley and Carswell and Kerr would need to play Right back since Ramsden is not a Right back!

There is so much wrong with this post that I'm not sure where to start so I'll not bother...

I'd start with Ramsden isn't a right back. That one seems the most mind-boggling...

he is quite clearly a centre half filling in not good going forward and gets pulled out of position weak link at the back! he is ok there for what we can afford especially when not needed to go forward but in a diamond mid the fullbacks have to provide width so ramsden couldn't do that simple!

they all say he is "capable" of playing there (lasley used to play right midfield would anyone play him there now?) I said and one of them even agrees with me he isn't great going forward and that was in a far worse league when he was younger!

Does anyone think he can play full back with a diamond (is narrow) midfield that's all I was saying the team isn't balanced due too the lack of wingers and the ambundance of midfielders so a narrow midfield might be the answer!

Depressingly, Lasley was our guy on the wings against Hibs. Not in the same sense, capacity or with the same presence of Humphrey mind. Nonetheless he was on both wins for the majority of the match, cutting in and created plenty space. So based on what I saw on Sunday, Aye I would put him out there if he did the job.

Ramsden, Lasley, Hammell, McManus, Mcfadden , Sutton (soon), Lawson (soon) are all 30+. We cant really be picky given our circumstance. We have what we have and we have to either build on it or dwell on it. Personally, I think being so judgmental of players or no good reason isn't helping the situation.

As for the Ramsden - Right Back fiasco, he was signed as a right back, but filled in for Hutchy last season after the Levante & St Mirren Red cards (?) and played well. After that, Hateley never put a foot wrong so Rambo sat comfortably in Center back.

I cant remember if I made a prediction for this game already, so will just go out on a whim and say i didn't.

Gonna go for either 0-0 or 0-1 in this game! No doubt Aberdeen are stronger than Hibs, and we did a lot of running in Russia so I cant see much else other than defeat or a lucky escape I'm afraid.

they all say he is "capable" of playing there (lasley used to play right midfield would anyone play him there now?) I said and one of them even agrees with me he isn't great going forward and that was in a far worse league when he was younger!

From the BBC:

"City manager Phil Parkinson said Kozluk would provide useful cover in the absence of regular right-back Simon Ramsden, out with a broken toe."

won't bother bringing tactics to this board again if no one has any tactical nous! hateley used to say he was a midfielder even though his best postion was right back!For the 3rd time Ramsden is not good enough going forward to be the only one giving width in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 wwith wingers he is fine not great but fine! In a 4-1-2-1-2 he would not be gd enough and and I think it would be an interesting way to go since we don't have any traditional wingers

won't bother bringing tactics to this board again if no one has any tactical nous! hateley used to say he was a midfielder even though his best postion was right back!For the 3rd time Ramsden is not good enough going forward to be the only one giving width in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 wwith wingers he is fine not great but fine! In a 4-1-2-1-2 he would not be gd enough and and I think it would be an interesting way to go since we don't have any traditional wingers

I think you'll forgive us for trusting Stuart McCall, who has guided us to two "Best of the Rest" finishes and a Cup Final despite his "tactical nous" not measuring up to that of some random on a forum.

• Like 1

I think you'll forgive us for trusting Stuart McCall, who has guided us to two "Best of the Rest" finishes and a Cup Final despite his "tactical nous" not measuring up to that of some random on a forum.

Indeed.

That and the fact that Ramsden has looked pretty decent in any games he's played at right back. Thinking second half of the 4-1 against Hibs last season when we didn't have Humphrey playing, so no "proper" winger in front of him.

I wouldn't swap Ramsden with many right backs in the SPL. Not to say he's one of the best but he's probably on a lower wage than a lot of them and not many of them are markedly better than him. He rarely lets himself down...

The more I read his posts the more I'm convinced smeddum is east stand Tourrettes boy.

Shouts his way through every game as if he's actually on there with the well. Except the well in this instance are some nuclear tackling Sunday league team that play a 1-4-5 formation

#fuckincleanhimoothutchiiiieeeee

• Like 1

The more I read his posts the more I'm convinced smeddum is east stand Tourrettes boy.

Shouts his way through every game as if he's actually on there with the well. Except the well in this instance are some nuclear tackling Sunday league team that play a 1-4-5 formation

#fuckincleanhimoothutchiiiieeeee

Hahaha you may well be right!! It's going to be a long season for me with him if he doesn't start taking his medication!!! I can imagine I will be across two rows to him within 3 games.

• Like 1

Wonderful "panter" Gentlemen go and watch and read about football then come back to me thanks! I was trying to have a half decent discussion on tactics but if you guys are so clueless as to not understand basic tactics i will leave it! Thanks no i am not one of the morons that sit in the east stand and think football is about getting drunk and shouting loudly but you guys enjoy your banter! And wonderful enlightened views on football!

I will again say i never said Ramsden was clueless all i was wondering if anyone thought a 4-1-2-1-2 would get more out of the current team Mcalls tactics spot on last two seasons and his interesting move to 3 at the back in pre season was interesting! Ramsden cant play as a wing back simples

Pretty peculiar that you only thought of mentioning tactics and the like after a number of people refuted your opening gambit that Ramsden is not a right back.

Why would people discuss anything with you, when you clearly cannot read their responses and admit that Ramsden is a right back,

whilst he might not be in the mould that you would like, I doubt that George burley or rab Shannon were either, yet you wouldn't argue that they were centre halves.... Or would you?

My first post Was mainly about tactics included my opinion that Ramsden looks like he started at centre half and moved wide! Remember that is my opinion and it all able to disagree with it if u wish!

As I am 26 I never saw them play so have no opinion on them! For me there may need to be tactical changes to get the best out of the team, if there are no more signings and one of them is a narrow midfield which puts more attacking pressure on full backs! Ramsden would struggle with this and since mcall has played Kerr as a winger in two games this season must see him as an attacking threat so he may be better in the system!

If you guys have any other tactical ideas would love to hear them! Of u want to sit behind keyboards typing insults keep them to yourself