Motherwell V Aberdeen 11/8/13

Welldaft Mk1

Steve Diggle is moaning about panty wetters commenting on our own team.

Steve Diggle needs to go look in the sevco thread and see his own posts! Over reactions, stones, glass houses......

Thanks Stallers they say any publicity is good publicity, so cheers.

You have my word that I'll return the compliment one day - if you ever say anything of note ;-)

As ineffective as we were yesterday, we coped well for 60 mins, Aberdeen were running out of ideas then as we tend to do at Motherwell we gave them a get out of jail free card and let them back into the match without working for it. The pen gave them a lift and we fell apart, our midfield was all over the place, Faddy contributed feck all the whole game, he was a passenger, if he is injured then why did he start, he never tracked back and left Ramsden exposed all the time ( but as he should never be playing right mid anyway, thats maybe to be expected).

As for the pens.. yes Hamell made a james hunt of it, but Mcmanus had no need to dive in, the 2nd one was very soft, if Ref's start to award pens for that then we will have 2 or 3 every game. Reynolds took his goal well but we still cant defend set pieces and corners effectively, we look suspect every time.

It was a bad day at the ofice, but putting it into perspective its 2 games in to a 38 game season, so a very long way to go, its a new team they need time to settle. We have taken 50% of the points on offer so far, if we still have that figure at the end of the season we will be in Europe again so no need for panic.

Oh and we badly need a right winger with some pace, we are missing Humphrey big time.

Interesting to hear on the radio post match about 'a number' of seats in the south stand being ripped up by the away support.. No mention of it on here as far as I can see.

If true im sure we will here more about it, and see if Aberdeen do the right thing a pay up!

I believe it is common practice to Bill the travelling support's Club when seats are damaged ?

I seem to recall it being reported that in the first season of the South Stand's existence - the only damage was experienced during games against the Beggarz and Airdrie.

A really poor performance yesterday from us, shape of the team needs to be sorted soon, Lasley, McManus, Hammell, ZFA, Faddy & Sutton were rotten, the rest just get pass marks. I would go 4-3-2-1 formation next week against inverness

---------------------------------Gunnar

Ramsden----------Hutchison-----------McManus--------Hammell

--------------Lawson-----------Vigurs----------Zangol

---------------Anier-------------------------------McFadden

--------------------------------Sutton

:doh:

Whats wrong with that? I'm not one of the people hurling abuse at Hollis every week and he'll get my support for as long as hes between the sticks but in my opinion we should have Gunnar in goals. For me he looks alot more assured and I think he'd have saved Reynolds header.

Just looking through some of the posts about yesterday's game and the overreaction to one league defeat at the start of the season is ridiculous! Everyone keeps comparing this new team who are still looking for a settled shape and style with last years team but last year's team had some shockers too... 4-0 defeat at home to Hibs as part of a run of 5 home games without a win for starters.

For what it's worth, I didn't think we were all that bad yesterday. Second half we were overrun in midfield and it's disappointing that McCall couldn't see that and either go to 4-5-1 or this 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 formation we've been trying out. They were getting too much space between our defence and midfield and to me it was crying out for Lawson or Carswell to be brought on.

As for the players, Sutton was getting abuse from some individuals which I found baffling since he had very little service or support and half the ground seemed to be willing Hollis to make a mistake... mental.

I dare say there will be some poor results this season as there is every season but some people really need to chill out at this stage... we will comfortably be top 6.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights, horrendous from Hammell to put McManus in that position, no one marking Reynolds, or within about 5 yards of him? Criminal. The penalty decision, still baffled.

Agree with the first bit...horrendous from hammell but you've also got to look at McManus once he's in 'that position'. Awful decision to make. Total amateur style lunge - even struggling to picture one of the younger lads like Cummins doing that tbh.

Agree with the first bit...horrendous from hammell but you've also got to look at McManus once he's in 'that position'. Awful decision to make. Total amateur style lunge - even struggling to picture one of the younger lads like Cummins doing that tbh.

I've seen a few folk say this but he doesn't lunge at all. What happens is, Hayes opens up as if he's about shoot and Mcmanus tries to spead himself to block the shot. Hayes feints and does McManus a treat and in desperation when he knows he's been done McManus flicks a leg out at the ball and catches Hayes.

Not great defending by McManus by any means but the last place any big, slow centre half wants to be is exposed 1 on 1 with a pacey, tricky winger. Hammell sold him short and left him woefully exposed. McManus never covered himself in glory but he should never have been put in that position in the 1st place and for me the majority of the blame lies with Hammell.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with that? I'm not one of the people hurling abuse at Hollis every week and he'll get my support for as long as hes between the sticks but in my opinion we should have Gunnar in goals. For me he looks alot more assured and I think he'd have saved Reynolds header.

I don't think Gunnar beside Hollis would have stopped what I thought was a bullet header from about 8 yards or so.

That's one thing that pissed me off, Reynold's celebration. The common thing is for ex-players to have a somewhat muted celebration if they score against their former club is it not? Let alone one he allegedly supported?

Reynolds seems to have a gripe in how he left Motherwell. Recall a tweet indicating that he wouldn't be watching us on the cup final, 6 months after leaving.

Good luck to him though, fine player.

That's one thing that pissed me off, Reynold's celebration. The common thing is for ex-players to have a somewhat muted celebration if they score against their former club is it not? Let alone one he allegedly supported?

Couldn't really care less how any player celebrates a goal against us, to be honest, former player or not -- he doesn't exactly score many so can't begrudge him a celebration, and I'd expect a pro to be giving 100% against any team whether he supported them or not. Enough things about our own performance to be annoyed about without getting wound up about things like that too, imho.

Get over it. We were winning till the Russian trip started to take its toll You could see the whole team slow down and the team has only played 4 compative games together .Has everyone suddenly forgot the ropy start to the season last year ? No need to man the lifeboats yet :whistling:

• Like 1