U20's V Accies

Rocky'

Started as a 4-3-3 from what I could make out and got slaughtered changed into more of a 4-4-2 came into the game more.

Very young team, with the exception of Kerr cummins and carswell. The latter definetly looked a touch above at that level as to be expected. Sad to say Kerr didn't impress.

Went to the game tonight, must admit mfc u20's were average at best.

accies were so much better , they look a solid team,

that were fit and enjoyed playing together as a team.

mfc u20's looked like unfit, undernourished strangers,

im not moaning but our players with the exception of the guys that are

breaking through to the first team looked as if they could use plenty of

good nutrition and gym time.. and they were all so small and slight.

we looked like boys playing men.

carswell was ok and the no 13 that came on as a sub as centre back

was also good.

also at half time, our subs were out kicking the ball about between themselves

no coaches in sight. were as the accies had 2 coaches with the subs running

routines. we looked very unprofessional were as a 1st div team looked very pro.

just my 2p worth

hasnt put me off going to u20's matches but it may be a long season

best

verv

Postie you better watch the criticism or this thread could be locked as well! Lol.

For all the talk of re-organizing and top class youth system etc we do look very primative, last season under JJ the youth team were unfit and played like strangers and we were told it was due to no pre season,what's the excuse this year? For a selling club who pride ourselves on our youth system were doing a grand job of putting any parents off wanting their kids to come here

• Like 1

Couple of things have been mentioned here re last night's game which I agree with, but one or two things need looked at and quickly by JJ etc.

The 'Well team had 5 1st team squad players on the pitch (6 if you count Ross Stewart who is 3rd choice keeper at the club).

3 players have played several games or the 1st xi including European ties.

The sides were fairly matched age wise, Accies however had, I'm led to believe more players with 1st team game time.

Motherwell were arguably as big height wise, if not bigger and as fit as Accies.

The smallest player on the park;Accies no 7 gave the right side of 'Well's defence a torrid time on the deck and even won headers he shouldn't have been anywhere near getting.

The big problems last night were a lack of desire; Accies won nearly every 50/50 particularly in the 1st half and their movement and sharpness of touch and passing was much better.

I have stated previously I won't criticise individuals as every one has different opinions, however collectively there was a lack of desire, fight and on-field leadership shown.

The 2nd half is a wee bit deceptive as Accies basically sat in and relied on pinging long balls letting Motherwell into the game more.

I did allude to the idea last season that some of the younger guys act as if they have made the grade already and just have to turn up and play. This was fairly evident again last night

and hopefully they now realise they have a long way to go to get anywhere near the 1st team.

Youth setup seems to have been on a downward spiral since McCart departed.

Do Moore or Erwin look like they could make the grade?

In short yes.

Moore obviously did well at Cowdenbeath last season on loan and even last night managed to score twice, without having his best game.

Erwin is looking stronger and when in the mood is very hard to handle. Again not his best 1st half but did well 2nd, assist for Moore's 1st.

Would also push Murray into this bracket, he was doing well this pre- season until his injury, hopefully he can come back quickly and give SM another option.