Club Finances

Steve Cowan App Society

...however would find it a concern the club maybe in trouble financially at this moment in time

The majority of the SPFL clubs will have some financial concerns/problems at the moment, unfortunately we are no different from the rest. In fact we will probably finish the season in debt, unless we can generate some income through cup success and finishing at least in the top three of the SPFL.

I totally agree everything should be done to increase Well Society membership,that's not my worry,however would find it a concern the club maybe in trouble financially at this moment in time

Whilst the club may not be in the kind of trouble the likes of Hearts or the blue arse cheek are, they'll no doubt be looking to bolster the financial situation as best they can, so it makes sense to appeal to fans.

If they had said "join the society, even though we're fine financially" I doubt they'd get much interest.

It is very important that we get behind the club as much as we can to help the directors manage the finances.

Unfortunately football business is all based on if buts and maybes. But in business and in football you sometimes need to speculate to accumulate. Which I think the directors at the club have tried to do over the last 5 or six years which has brought some fantastic results and success for our football club..

The one thing that does concern me is the fact that if the club are indeed struggling why sign a centre half we didn't really need and a James McFadden we can't afford. If you can't afford a Porsche you buy something cheaper. That's just the way of the world and having an economist on the board you would think we would have figured that one out.

Any way I have joined the well society as I could see the merit in it I just hope we can get many more to join if they can. I believe the well society can be paid for with instalments as well.

At the moment we are in a safer place than Hearts are and we need to keep it that way.

If you can, please join the well society. It's about securing the long term future of our Football Club.

It is very important that we get behind the club as much as we can to help the directors manage the finances.

Unfortunately football business is all based on if buts and maybes. But in business and in football you sometimes need to speculate to accumulate. Which I think the directors at the club have tried to do over the last 5 or six years which has brought some fantastic results and success for our football club..

The one thing that does concern me is the fact that if the club are indeed struggling why sign a centre half we didn't really need and a James McFadden we can't afford. If you can't afford a Porsche you buy something cheaper. That's just the way of the world and having an economist on the board you would think we would have figured that one out.

Any way I have joined the well society as I could see the merit in it I just hope we can get many more to join if they can. I believe the well society can be paid for with instalments as well.

At the moment we are in a safer place than Hearts are and we need to keep it that way.

If you can, please join the well society. It's about securing the long term future of our Football Club.

Thank goodness we signed those two i want to see quality players for us and if we only try and sign players' we can afford' then we v no ambition Thre club has pulled out all the stops to sign these players and should be applauded for it .Can you imagine the uproar if we signed mediocre players 'we can afford'.I pay my season ticket to see as best a team we can afford and the signings have been good within our means Im happy the way the money has been spent and only the club can make these informed decissions

1376511675[/url]' post='393476']

Thank goodness we signed those two i want to see quality players for us and if we only try and sign players' we can afford' then we v no ambition Thre club has pulled out all the stops to sign these players and should be applauded for it .Can you imagine the uproar if we signed mediocre players 'we can afford'.I pay my season ticket to see as best a team we can afford and the signings have been good within our means Im happy the way the money has been spent and only the club can make these informed decissions

Absolutely spot on. If these players fit into the over all budget then we should try to sign the best quality available to us but if that compromises the future financial security of the club then I am 100% against it.Players come and go and as Stuart McCall has said he signs the best he can with the budget he has been given. And that's all he can do which is fine and hopefully having quality players at the club will only help to teach the younger players coming through.If we can't create an over draft fund for the club then should the club just increase season ticket prices 40-50-100 pounds a season because that is what will have to happen or we find another John Boyle.

The majority of the SPFL clubs will have some financial concerns/problems at the moment, unfortunately we are no different from the rest. In fact we will probably finish the season in debt, unless we can generate some income through cup success and finishing at least in the top three of the SPFL.

I thought we couldn't go into debt as nobody would give us a loan due to our financial history. I'm not sure how long the administration is held against us but I thought that was one of the main reasons for the 'Well Society.

I thought we couldn't go into debt as nobody would give us a loan due to our financial history. I'm not sure how long the administration is held against us but I thought that was one of the main reasons for the 'Well Society.

As were are under 10 years since we came out of administration, the club does not have any overdraft facility from the bank.

The best way I suppose, just as long as you can keep making enough profit so as not to require any overdraft facilities. So giving that, I assume we at least broke even last season?

I think we made a profit 2 seasons ago and a loss last year.

We got cash for Ojamaa and I would suggest our wage bill is smaller than last year so we should be ok this time around hopefully.

I'm guessing our player budget won't be the problem. We can fairly easily set a budget and stick to it.

There are many other running costs though that we have less control over.