Motherwell V Kilmarnock 31/8/13

Yabba's Turd

I think this is going to be an important match because if we can get some confidence up we have a reasonable kind run of matches that we could take a fair few points from (Kilmarnock, Ross County, St. Mirren, Dundee Utd).

Kilmarnock seem to me to be a bit like us in that they haven't got a settled midfield yet, although up front and at the back they seem decent.

So far Kilmarnock have scored in three out of four games but never scored more than one in a game, same as us, while they have conceded 5 goals over 4 matches, same as us.

Has a 1-1 draw all over it.

I'd assume it's a three game ban for Boyd given he was sent off for violent conduct? Good news for us if so as he's one of those players you can count on to score against us.

Very tight match this one, a draw the most likely outcome but I'd like to see us graft out another win similar to Partick.

Going for 2-1. :nod:

Is a straight red not automatic 3 game?

Nup,its an automatic ban,the length of which depends on the severity of the offence. Sure Violent Contuct is a 3 game ban though,if its a 2 game ban it must have gone down as a different offence

Is Boyd back for this?

Glad to see the back of Kenny Shiels as he had the measure of us at Fir Park.

While Killie have had a tough start to their season, we'll need to up our performance from Saturday to get 3 points. A 1-1 wouldn't surprise me.

According to SFA Disciplinary site he is out for "2 FIRST TEAM MATCHES IMMEDIATE"

That makes it Saturday's game against Hibs and tomorrow's game against Accies - so back for our game on Saturday

Was that not the game he ripped in a volley only to be called offside?

Not quite, he was called offside, everybody else on the pitch stopped including our goalie then he ripped in a volley and should have been booked for kicking the ball away considering how long after the whistle went he made contact.

Only Wattie Tankigan and Boyd himself think it was called offside after he scored, everyone else knows the truth

According to SFA Disciplinary site he is out for "2 FIRST TEAM MATCHES IMMEDIATE"

That makes it Saturday's game against Hibs and tomorrow's game against Accies - so back for our game on Saturday

Just our luck they have a midweek league cup tie......

Boyd is a natural goal scorer and whilst not at his peak, I would be a lot more confident taking Killie on without him than with him in their team on Saturday evening.