Motherwell V Kilmarnock 31/8/13

Yabba's Turd

Another happy clapper after yesterday's win. Not for the quality of the match, though a 2-1 win will do me, and for my son's latest visit to Fir Park it ended by meeting nearly every member of the squad as he got their autograph and got photographed with McFadden, Hammell and Sutton. So he's back down to Engerland a very happy junior dosser.

This performance was no more than competent and we were fortunate the opposition were very poor and lacking confidence.

Hollis had a really good game and pulled out a couple of really god saves in the second half to ensure we kept all 3 points and any criticism of the lad is uncalled for. At present he is playing behind a back four that were a complete bomb scare yesterday with McManus and Hutchinson being the main offenders.

Keith Lasley put in another great shift and his reverse pass for Anier's goal was classy and crafty. Vigurs played well in snatches but will settle given time. Young Carswell improves with each game. Why it took McCall so long to hook McFadden was a real puzzle as he contributed the square root of f*ck all. If he's not fit then he should not be near the first team until he is.

Sutton led the line very well and took his goal well. Anier was a bit in and out but he too took his goal well and you can't really argue about his goal scoring record so far. I thought McCall should have introduced Francis Angol much sooner to try and inject some much needed pace.

Kilmarnock played some nice football in the last 15-20 minutes but that was due mainly to our only leaving Anier or Sutton pn their own and deciding to defend from our penalty area.

Still I think if we had been offered 9 points and third spot after 5 games we'd have been happy to take it.yes.gif The break gives us a chance to work on few things now before 3 away games on the trot.

Can the folk that thought McFadden was shite let me know what game they were at?

The one I watched had loads to be happy about. loads of great touches and passes. Some of it fuckin sublime. but lets not talk about that becase theres still 'a lot' not coming off.

Agreed. I thought he looked a lot more dangerous against Killie and made the "right" decision a bit more often than he has in previous weeks. Definitely still seems to be struggling a bit but it's still worth keeping him in the team. The fact he was being doubled up on looks to have left the space for Ramsden to swing in the cross for the second goal. If we start taking better advantage of the space he frees up it makes his inclusion worthwhile, even if he doesn't do anything himself (just like with Chris Humphrey).

Of course, still not anywhere near what he's capable of, but given the fact he seems to be carrying an injury and is playing out wide, I was happy with his contribution on Saturday. Hopefully the international break gives him the rest he needs to shake it off.

McFadden is very much not hitting the heights we know he can but I can only reiterate what others have said he is still worth a place for now.

He is occupying minimum of a couple of opposition players at any given time. There are plenty of good touches and passes. He generally putting a shift in (maybe not exactly tireless tracking back, but he not strolling around like a Berbatov). There was one really disappointing attempted through ball at the weekend and the dribbling skills certainly aren't working their magic but until someone like Ainsworth comes on and shows something better I happy to give Faddy time to hit his steide