Scottish League Cup 2013/14

Andrew23

Second Round ties are played tonight and one tie tomorrow. I am sure I read that the draw for the third round when we enter is this Friday? Anyone able to back this up?

In any case here's hoping this year we have a much needed improvement in the cup competitions.

Tonight

Stranraer v Ross County

Aberdeen v Alloa

Airdrieonians v Livingston

Dundee v Forfar

Falkirk v Dunfermline

Kilmarnock v Hamilton

Morton v Montrose

Partick Thistle v Cowdenbeath

Queen of Sth v St Mirren

Raith Rovers v Hearts

Tomorrow

Dumbarton v Dundee United

Winner of the Airdrie v Livi tie would do me nicely...

Second Round ties are played tonight and one tie tomorrow. I am sure I read that the draw for the third round when we enter is this Friday? Anyone able to back this up?

Winner of the Airdrie v Livi tie would do me nicely...

its is normally the friday or monday after the games - so that the sponsors get the "air time"

so this friday is likely - the 3rd round is also seeded, so you might well get your request!

at least we cant draw Rangers which is a bonus!!!

i cant see that many shocks tonight - most of the seeds should go through, although from an SPL/Premiership/top league - i do think County / Hearts / St mIrren all have tough ties

Forgive the slight drift off topic and my ignorance here but how does the summer desk shuffling exercise of the leagues impact on suspensions and stuff across the three, or perhaps four if you include the Challenge cup?

Remember it used to be that unless it was violent conduct your suspension if it occured in the League Cup, was for the League Cup, if it happened in the Scottish Cup was for the Scottish Cup and so on.

Has the arrival of this SPFL pish caused any difference at all seeing as I suppose the League and SPL are now as one?

Is the Scottish Cup still seperate as its under the auspices of the SFA?

Was anything ever mentioned as to how this would be overcome if say a player had a suspension carried over from the League Cup last season?

Back on topic will wait and see how the ties go before choosing a preference but fancy Danny Lennon's jaiket could be on a shoogily peg if their defence ends at the first attempt at Palmerston tonight.

Stick on we will get another Premier League side. We always get a shite draw in the cups.

Apart from in recent years Stranraer away, Inverurie away, Forfar Away, Airdrie away - obviously.

Another myth this 'we get shite draws'. We get the same amount of drinking days/easy ties as everyone else. Up there with the 'we are shite on telly' myth.

I thought due to it being seeded we can't get another Premiership club?

No. Assuming all top flight teams go through the only assurance you would have would be avoiding any of the other seven of the top eight from the SPL last season.

Hearts now a seeded team in the next round if they get through. Should they fail St Mirren get the last seeded place and also another place could open up should Aberdeen blow it. Could end up that there is no top flight team available for us.