Scottish League Cup 2013/14

Andrew23

Liverpool v Man United in England being case in point. One of the big boys going out early.

OT but i like the draws being seeded especially in Europe.Say it was unseeded and we get a good team in the 1st round and lose while some average team not much better than us gets lucky being drawn against the weakest teams every round and ends up in the later rounds having made several million from it, how exactly is that fair? ... and i disagree that it makes it impossible for diddy teams to do well, just look at that team Celtic nearly lost to and Apoel 2 seasons back.

Anyway we've not had a lower div side for a while so i fancy Stanraer at home.

OT but i like the draws being seeded especially in Europe.Say it was unseeded and we get a good team in the 1st round and lose while some average team not much better than us gets lucky being drawn against the weakest teams every round and ends up in the later rounds having made several million from it, how exactly is that fair?

It's fair in that everyone has the same chance of facing a great team or a diddy team. Football is meant to be unpredictable and exciting. And the millions doled out in the later rounds is part of the problem.

By the time the club pays out for season ticket holders to the opposition there's a good chance we'll make more of a loss from a home tie. There's no-one on that list is going to bring much of a support.

That's why I asked for 2 :rolleyes: . If you don't get a home tie now it's going to come down the line anyway so you are as well getting it out of the way now. Anyway Partick and Morton would bring a decent crowd.

Partick had 1500 for their tie on Tuesday, don't know about Morton. The crowds aren't turning out for the league cup these days.

A home tie in the next round has more chance of being against a team with a larger support. It probably balances out but could be a cash flow issue.

By the time the club pays out for season ticket holders to the opposition there's a good chance we'll make more of a loss from a home tie. There's no-one on that list is going to bring much of a support.

Whilst no-one is going to bring an old firm esque support, I would have thought Morton would bring a half decent following. Playing well the last few seasons, not too far for them to travel, distinct possibility of an upset.

Saying that, I've never been to Cappilowe so I'd prefer them away.

Edit - Must have posted that at the same time as the draw. Away to Livi is decent enough.

When will this have a confirmed date? A very good train price of £80 available at mo but that includes a night in Edinburgh.

Would expect it will be Wednesday 25th as we play Dundee Utd on Sunday 22nd.

Probably be confirmed later today I would think.