St.mirren V Motherwell 14/9/13

Yabba's Turd

I would disagree. Believe it or not, there's quite a few 'Well fan who really couldn't give a fuck if you can take a drum into a football ground or not.

Boycotts are the type of thing you expect from the old firm. This was handled perfectly the last time. A wee bit of media exposure stating why a sizeable group chose not to attend and that they were more than happy to give their money to our own club.

It's about more than that though.

Are you not sick of going to away grounds and getting treated like dirt. We are paying customers, paying far too much more often than not, yet are herded like cattle, treated with contempt and like an inconvenience at most grounds.

I agree with the last part, thought it was handled well last time, and got a bit of media exposure thanks to Tam Cowan mainly IIRC. It wasn't a "boycott" as such.

• Like 1

I find it really hard to understand why people cannot grasp the reasons for fans being in an uproar against the police here. No one has condoned smoke bombs being brought into the stadium, or being set off during the game, or being thrown toward the pitch, which is still to be proved. No one has argued that this was the start of the problems, however does setting off 3/4 smoke bombs merit the response given. My answer would be no.

In my opinion there were many incidents that were not dealt with appropriately by the police during Saturdays game.

Firstly was the way they conducted arrests on possible suspects, normally what happens is the police would view CCTV and then move on the suspect, where as Saturday was a case of move in and grab on the advice of stewards. Which has lead to one lad in particular being lifted, and It has now been discovered that this lad is innocent. So there's the first thing that's wrong.

The whole attitude of the police toward any member of the support who were confident enough to question there actions, were then threatened with arrest.

Stop and search on anyone they chose with what seemed like very little intelligence, ranging from lads in their 20s to boys who are 15 being taken to the toilet/concourse to be searched. Which opens up a whole host of issues surrounding that.

The kettling in and detail taking, searching and arresting of fans in the end section, with the majority innocent of any of the smoke bomb offences. Remembering that two or three people had already been arrested , therefore the police were looking for one maybe two people in that full section.

Due to the kettling in of fans, parents were separated from their children. Which caused uspet on both sides, with the police being very reluctant to co-operate and allow these distressed children to find their parents. So much so that one parent was threatened with arrest if he did not leave when he was trying to get his son.

It's already been said but someone hit the panic button and called in the police who were at ibrox policing the rangers game. Many officers who came in were under the illusion a riot was taking place.

When you look back at the kettling in of fans, I would applaud the bois involved as it could have went sour very very quickly. If the lads began to push against the police line it had the possibility of turning ugly. So using restraint and common sense, something missing from the police, the situation did not escalate further than it already had.

All in all the police intimidated, threatened and incited crowd trouble. Refused people their civil and human rights. For what? An incident that could have and should have been dealt with in a much more appropriate way.

Now let me ask you this? For you all out there who have children, would you have been happy for your 15 year old son to be searched by police with no responsible adult/guardian of that child present? Or for your child to become distressed due to a situation that escalated due to the actions of the very people who are meant to protect you?

These are the points that the Heavy Hands Empty Stands campaign surely will look to address. It is about time we all stood together against the oppression that we see in Scottish football grounds. There are much bigger issues than a few smokes.

on the basis of this I hope formal complaints have been made and those arrested will have a long line of witnesses willing to voice their innocence

Id be interested to hear where they think their spray compares to smoke bombs on the danger to persons scale.

Two things the youngsters would do well to remember about the polis at the football though , 1) When they appear in numbers or have FoCUS involved they have to justify the money being spent by taking a few bodies 2) They are a shower of lazy bastards and in most cases it wont be the guy with the smoke bomb or the one throwing the punch who'll get lifted

PS Michael McMahon , local MSP was apoplectic when the Green Brigade attempted to hold a banned march , blocking roads and were kettled , questions were even asked of the justice minister in parliament , im assuming his silence just now is the calm before the storm ?

PPS As well as their fans looking after their own their club issued a gaurded statement with concerns about heavy handed policing ...

Id be interested to hear where they think their spray compares to smoke bombs on the danger to persons scale.

Two things the youngsters would do well to remember about the polis at the football though , 1) When they appear in numbers or have FoCUS involved they have to justify the money being spent by taking a few bodies 2) They are a shower of lazy bastards and in most cases it wont be the guy with the smoke bomb or the one throwing the punch who'll get lifted

PS Michael McMahon , local MSP was apoplectic when the Green Brigade attempted to hold a banned march , blocking roads and were kettled , questions were even asked of the justice minister in parliament , im assuming his silence just now is the calm before the storm ?

PPS As well as their fans looking after their own their club issued a gaurded statement with concerns about heavy handed policing ...

Michael McMahon was on Twitter asking folk to send him details at the weekend. I was cynical like you but he was on the ball with it to be fair.

Been unsure what to think of this but after initially thinking if they lit smoke bombs then he'll mend them. However after looking at the heavy hands page on fb with pictures that don't lie I'm firmly on the side of the bois and the completely over the top way they were treated. Kettling , searching, threats of arrest etc has been well spoken about. However what is really narking me is why the undercover police ? It's hardly a powder keg game with no previous disorder, to me this is a marker to a darker issue within football and one which I hate " football fans are law breaking violent hooligans who cannot be trusted and must be controlled by intimidation as near to the ground as possible".

I've spoken in the past of my falling out of love for the game because of, price, no loyalty to season ticket holders when reducing prices at PATG, crap food (pie not steak as they always run out and draft coke) all of which you wat too long to be served, 40 year old man being spoken to like a criminal by the high viz mob, sit down, don't get excited and fuk off when we tell you.

Not renewed my season ticket and not been to a game yet apart from the Euro angd sadly must confess I'm not that bothered, I'm actually looking forward to the start of the basketball season. Free parking, very decent pricing, indoors through the shitty weather, same time every week and same day, friendly stewards that can be polite and smile that also show you to you're seat, beer if you want as you're an adult and a much better selection of food/snacks. All in all you are treated like a customer not some stupid loyal dog.

Bit of a winded rant and maybe straying a bit off topic, but to sum up I'm sick of being undervalued and what happens to the bois at the weekend pretty much sums up we are not of any real value to the game, mearly something to be tolerated at best.

I will always support Motherwell ( i will still PATG for the games imwant to see ) and feel guilty for the club I feel this way but something has to Change and I honestly don't see where it's coming from in the near future.

• Like 6

Been unsure what to think of this but after initially thinking if they lit smoke bombs then he'll mend them. However after looking at the heavy hands page on fb with pictures that don't lie I'm firmly on the side of the bois and the completely over the top way they were treated. Kettling , searching, threats of arrest etc has been well spoken about. However what is really narking me is why the undercover police ? It's hardly a powder keg game with no previous disorder, to me this is a marker to a darker issue within football and one which I hate " football fans are law breaking violent hooligans who cannot be trusted and must be controlled by intimidation as near to the ground as possible".

I've spoken in the past of my falling out of love for the game because of, price, no loyalty to season ticket holders when reducing prices at PATG, crap food (pie not steak as they always run out and draft coke) all of which you wat too long to be served, 40 year old man being spoken to like a criminal by the high viz mob, sit down, don't get excited and fuk off when we tell you.

Not renewed my season ticket and not been to a game yet apart from the Euro angd sadly must confess I'm not that bothered, I'm actually looking forward to the start of the basketball season. Free parking, very decent pricing, indoors through the shitty weather, same time every week and same day, friendly stewards that can be polite and smile that also show you to you're seat, beer if you want as you're an adult and a much better selection of food/snacks. All in all you are treated like a customer not some stupid loyal dog.

Bit of a winded rant and maybe straying a bit off topic, but to sum up I'm sick of being undervalued and what happens to the bois at the weekend pretty much sums up we are not of any real value to the game, mearly something to be tolerated at best.

I will always support Motherwell ( i will still PATG for the games imwant to see ) and feel guilty for the club I feel this way but something has to Change and I honestly don't see where it's coming from in the near future.

I concurr with your post mate,