Kit Deal

underboyleheating

Kit Poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Our 4 year 2010/11 deal with Puma/Genesis Sport is up at the end of the season. Would you like to see us stick with Puma/Genesis Sport or move to another manufacturer to supply our kit for season 2014/15?

• They have done a great job and we should stick with Puma/Genesis Sport for season 2014/15.
    • I would like to see us move to a different manufacturer for the 2014/15 season.
    • Similar to Kilmarnock, we should design and manufacture our own branded kit.
    • It doesn?t bother me who makes our kit.

Purely a fun poll, as I am sure that the powers at be will have already secured a new deal for next season.

Our four year deal with Genesis Sport comes to an end at the end of the current season, and apart from my own reservations over our current home and away kits, I think they have done a great job. It's not easy to accommodate our unique (in Scottish Professional Football) colours, as claret and amber is very rarely offered as an off the shelf colour scheme.

With that in mind, I thought I would start a poll to gauge peoples opinions on who you would like to see supply our kit for the 2014/15 season. It's probably too late to go down my favoured route of making our own kit, however I have left it as a possible future option.

I like the Genesis Sports gear to be fair. If its not broken, don't fix it.

Likewise I think they have done a great job, however a poster (Onthefringes?) in the new kit thread seemed to indicate all was not well (if you pardon the pun) with some of the current squad as regards our new top.

Inside information? I just found the two quotes from the other thread. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the content, however here is what Onthefringes said about some players reactions to the new home top...

Various problems raised from within the squad which the agent for the kit supplier hasn't rectified cue our kit man putting his hand into his own pockets... AGAIN

Naw? Well, you argue with Hutchison for starters then... Which issues? Sleeve length, neckline and chest size covers the majority of the shirt, given they can't complain about the sponsor being embossed I'd wager that pretty much sums it up. Perhaps the badge (you'll disect this as not being properly embroidered nae doubt) gives big Sutton a nipple rash?

At least our first team jerseys are individual...

Anyone else heard of any complaints from players about the new kit?

Inside information? I just found the two quotes from the other thread. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the content, however here is what Onthefringes said about some players reactions to the new home top...

Anyone else heard of any complaints from players about the new kit?

Please refrain from this stalker like bhaviour whistling.gif

• Like 1

Stalker? blink.gifI am merely trying to obtain some more information as regards our new home top. As you appear to have some inside info on the players opinion of the fit of the new top.

More? Unfortunately, don't have a breakdown on what each player requested. I think most bases were covered, given neck line, sleeve length, overall cut were discussed which I'm sure most would agree that covers most issues no?

I'm not sure of my information being of relevance in this thread, but, doubt player issues come to the fore when the club/Provan Sports representative are attempting to procure the best value deal on kit manufacture.

I vote for a custom designed Kappa kit :thumbup:

Kappa would be fine as long as their logo wasn’t slapped all over the kit.

Macron have shown that they are happy to produce unbranded kit for some clubs. The new AS Roma kit was manufactured by them due to quality issues with their Kappa kits. I am not sure who makes the Killie kit, however they seem happy to make unbranded kit for any club that requires it.

The AS Roma unbranded 'Macron' top

AS-Roma-2014-kit.jpg?resize=498%2C572

Kappa would be fine as long as their logo wasn’t slapped all over the kit.

Macron have shown that they are happy to produce unbranded kit for some clubs. The new AS Roma kit was manufactured by them due to quality issues with their Kappa kits. I am not sure who makes the Killie kit, however they seem happy to make unbranded kit for any club that requires it.

The AS Roma unbranded 'Macron' top

AS-Roma-2014-kit.jpg?resize=498%2C572

That would be a cracking away top with claret shorts and the current home socks.

I voted to design our own kit but only on the basis the financials make sense. Dont know how much UBH would charge........

The wife says that I am very cheap. laugh.gif

An unbranded AS Roma Macron version of our kit would probably have looked a bit like this...

10fp8ih.jpg

Can we just order these for next season now?

Anyone know whether the Killie ownbrand kit is good quality or not?

Maybe the Kilmarnock fans who occasionally post on here will enlighten us.

As an outsider, there does appear to be delivery issues with their kit judging by how late they unveil it each year. However this might just be a problem at Kilmarnock's end and not with the company who manufacture it.

How far in advance does the final kit design have to be passed to the supplier? I'm sure I've heard it alluded to before that the hoop would go all the way around if we weren't in Europe

I read somewhere that it takes about a year to design and manufacture a kit from scratch. It seems a long time, however the big companies will be working on lots of projects during this period.

Sadly the hoop wouldn't be permitted in European competitions, although UEFA seem to be a bit more lapse with the stripes/hoop rule in the early qualifying rounds. When it comes to the tournament proper they tend to uphold it, forcing teams like Celtic to produce a bespoke kit just for Euro games. We are a victim of our own success, and until we stop qualifying for Europe the proper unbroken hoop will need to remain off our kit.

Sadly the hoop wouldn't be permitted in European competitions, although UEFA seem to be a bit more lapse with the stripes/hoop rule in the early qualifying rounds.

There's nothing in the UEFA kit regs I can see that says you can't have a hoop, just that there needs to be a certain amount of clear space around the number on the back (Section 10). I suppose that space would break the hoop in our case so you could argue about whether it was technically still a hoop :) But it could certainly still be visible on the back. I'd imagine the hoop would have to be printed rather than a separate panel to make that sort of design, though, which not everyone might like.