Kit Deal

underboyleheating

Kit Poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Our 4 year 2010/11 deal with Puma/Genesis Sport is up at the end of the season. Would you like to see us stick with Puma/Genesis Sport or move to another manufacturer to supply our kit for season 2014/15?

• They have done a great job and we should stick with Puma/Genesis Sport for season 2014/15.
    • I would like to see us move to a different manufacturer for the 2014/15 season.
    • Similar to Kilmarnock, we should design and manufacture our own branded kit.
    • It doesn?t bother me who makes our kit.

Excuse my ignorance but what is this European hoop ban all about?

I have never heard of it.

IT's a bag of shite and could easily be worked round in my opinion. Sampdoria have always managed to work round it, rugby style squares round the number for example, or stopping the hoop in the middle of the back just enough to leave a gap for the number, or even just stick the number over the top of it like Parma and Derby have done this season. Shouldn't be an issuebut for the purpose of the poll my post in the kits thread says it all for me. Just follow Stuttgart and change it to C&A, they've had some belters recently, nice and simple, with a hoop or band, really don't need much else.

Urelated to kit manufacture but something i was wondering about this morning, anyone have any educated guesses as to how much our main sponser stumps up for the front of the shirt deal?

I have no idea.

I can only imagine it's more than £100k but less than £1m .

I think the back of shirt and short sponsors would be £50k-£100k

Just thinking about the cost of Player Shirt sponsorship being low in terms of sponsorship, I can't imagine the actual sponsor is any different.

There's nothing in the UEFA kit regs I can see that says you can't have a hoop, just that there needs to be a certain amount of clear space around the number on the back (Section 10). I suppose that space would break the hoop in our case so you could argue about whether it was technically still a hoop :) But it could certainly still be visible on the back. I'd imagine the hoop would have to be printed rather than a separate panel to make that sort of design, though, which not everyone might like.

IT's a bag of shite and could easily be worked round in my opinion. Sampdoria have always managed to work round it, rugby style squares round the number for example, or stopping the hoop in the middle of the back just enough to leave a gap for the number, or even just stick the number over the top of it like Parma and Derby have done this season. Shouldn't be an issuebut for the purpose of the poll my post in the kits thread says it all for me. Just follow Stuttgart and change it to C&A, they've had some belters recently, nice and simple, with a hoop or band, really don't need much else.

You would need a broken hoop to satisfy UEFA guidelines. The gap would need to be consistent on each shirt and allow enough space to fit two numbers. All kits need to be past by UEFA (usually by sending them a sample) before the competition starts. These guidelines don't apply to normal league/cup games. When playing in europe Parma, Derby or Stuttgart would need to alter their tops to fit UEFA guidelines.

Like you Fatcalf, I think for the most part the rules are flawed. I can see nothing wrong with the clarity of the white numbers printed over a single hoop.

The illustration below shows what is and what isn't allowed in UEFA competitions. The inset picture is our 125 classic 60s style anniversary kit (this wouldn't be acceptable) and my illustration shows what would be accepted by UEFA. To save any hassle we now generally just print a claret band on the front of our shirts.

hrc8jd.jpg

• Like 1

You would need a broken hoop to satisfy UEFA guidelines. The gap would need to be consistent on each shirt and allow enough space to fit two numbers. All kits need to be past by UEFA (usually by sending them a sample) before the competition starts. These guidelines don't apply to normal league/cup games. When playing in europe Parma, Derby or Stuttgart would need to alter their tops to fit UEFA guidelines.

Like you Fatcalf, I think for the most part the rules are flawed. I can see nothing wrong with the clarity of the white numbers printed over a single hoop.

The illustration below shows what is and what isn't allowed in UEFA competitions. The inset picture is our 125 classic 60s style anniversary kit (this wouldn't be acceptable) and my illustration shows what would be accepted by UEFA. To save any hassle we now generally just print a claret band on the front of our shirts.

hrc8jd.jpg

No problem with either of those, although I must confess I do like the idea of a big white square like rugby teams used to have

When you read the rule, that isn't definite that there has to be a space for the number. It's just that the number has to contrast with the colours on the shirt and white numbers would be okay on both claret and amber. Examples are that AC Milan, Barcelona and Eintracht Frankfurt all wore stripes on the back of their shirts in midweek.

When you read the rule, that isn't definite that there has to be a space for the number. It's just that the number has to contrast with the colours on the shirt and white numbers would be okay on both claret and amber.

It’s a grey area(if you pardon the pun) with most clubs who wear hoops or stripes opting to leave the back of the shirt blank. If the stripes or hoops are dark enough UEFA will allow white or a similar contrasting number colour. It’s all about perceived number legibility, and Motherwell choose to air on the safe side for fear of the shirt being rejected. Celtic also go down this route and opt to leave their traditional hooped shirt blank on the back in Euro matches. There is nothing to stop us submitting a full claret hooped shirt with a white number for UEFA's approval, however there is always the chance that they will reject it.

I personally don’t see a problem with our shirts, however I am not the one who approves them.

Barcelona-Ajax.jpg

vaclav-kadlec-frankfurt.jpg

I believe that AWP has to advise the suppliers the kit order for the team and staff before Christmas. So I guess they are already working on next seasons kit already!

All pro clubs will work well in advance, and will be choosing from any future planned or current templates almost a year ahead. Our kit is also different from the norm, as we add a claret band/hoop to any standard template.

All pro clubs will work well in advance, and will be choosing from any future planned or current templates almost a year ahead. Our kit is also different from the norm, as we add a claret band/hoop to any standard template.

Hopefully its still puma and they are using the Stuttgart 120th anniversary template.....:whistling:

StuttgartTrad1.jpg