Kit Deal

underboyleheating

Kit Poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Our 4 year 2010/11 deal with Puma/Genesis Sport is up at the end of the season. Would you like to see us stick with Puma/Genesis Sport or move to another manufacturer to supply our kit for season 2014/15?

• They have done a great job and we should stick with Puma/Genesis Sport for season 2014/15.
    • I would like to see us move to a different manufacturer for the 2014/15 season.
    • Similar to Kilmarnock, we should design and manufacture our own branded kit.
    • It doesn?t bother me who makes our kit.

Nike would never deal directly with us - we don't have the financial clout. We could theoretically end up wearing Nike kits if we had an arrangement with a third party (similar to our agreement with Puma/Genesis sports at the moment) but that would mean wearing basic teamwear templates - Nike don't do bespoke kits for their smaller suppliers to sell on. Dundee Utd went down that route and their last few kits have had no character or class.

Well Ladies have kinda given away that our kits from next season will be Macron as a few of their players are wearin Macron Training wear with the Motherwell Badge and everything!

Proof?

Doubt there's much in it and certainly no reason to suspect that's the reason why the Ladies are wearing Macron kit. The MFC Girls and Ladies have been using Macron Team and Training Kit for at least the past 5 years.

Nike would never deal directly with us - we don't have the financial clout. We could theoretically end up wearing Nike kits if we had an arrangement with a third party (similar to our agreement with Puma/Genesis sports at the moment) but that would mean wearing basic teamwear templates - Nike don't do bespoke kits for their smaller suppliers to sell on. Dundee Utd went down that route and their last few kits have had no character or class.

didn't they deal with accies?

didn't they deal with accies?

The Accies kit was part of the Nike teamwear range. Celtic will be the only team in Scotland who deal directly with a major manufacturer. All the rest feed off the big boys template scraps via team wear suppliers. I think Hearts had a direct deal with Umbro as they saw an opportunity to latch on to the publicity surrounding Mad Vlad. We are fortunate in as much as Puma/Genesis Sport supply us with a bespoke claret band/hoop printed onto a standard Puma template. Hopefully whoever produces next seasons kit will offer this service. We need to remember that very few team wear suppliers offer C&A as standard.

Not liking that at all I'm afraid. Something about the vertical claret strip just sits wrong. Reminds me of that white away top we had during the Untouchable era…

FWIW I'd be happy with something similar to this year's kit. Our strips have been getting a wee bit 'busier' over the years, so something a bit more minimal would be ideal, but I'm not really au fait with what Macron's range is like.

Our strips have been getting a wee bit 'busier' over the years, so something a bit more minimal would be ideal

Strip designers seem obsessed with flashes and panels on kits and I hope that we get a nice clean, simple, classy kit free of these embellishments. Some C&A on our away kit would also be nice.

• 2 weeks later...