Kit Deal

underboyleheating

Kit Poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Our 4 year 2010/11 deal with Puma/Genesis Sport is up at the end of the season. Would you like to see us stick with Puma/Genesis Sport or move to another manufacturer to supply our kit for season 2014/15?

• They have done a great job and we should stick with Puma/Genesis Sport for season 2014/15.
    • I would like to see us move to a different manufacturer for the 2014/15 season.
    • Similar to Kilmarnock, we should design and manufacture our own branded kit.
    • It doesn?t bother me who makes our kit.

I went to get my lad a top over the weekend there at the Roma shop. 75 euros :doh:

Can ram that, even last years top was 45 euros. Don't know if that's a Macron thing or if Italian clubs are all expensive but Becks was only 2 euros so I chose to drink more :)

Did it have a name on the back? Think I paid €80 for Batistuta top about 6 years ago... :blush:

I'll happily bet that Macron aren't making our strips next season. £50 donation to the 'Well Society seem reasonable?

I'm obviously not in the know since I'm not involved in the fleece wearing mile oot committee or any other cok sucking get together therefore I'm normally last to hear of news associated with Motherwell fc so I will trust your knowledge in this instance. As a result, I would be reluctant to bet £50, rather I suggest we both donate £25 to well society?

Ihave no reason to doubt my source who is normally spot on and who,on a side note, also advised me that a senior member of staff is leaving which will be revealed in next couple of days if not done so already.

• Like 1

Ihave no reason to doubt my source who is normally spot on and who,on a side note, also advised me that a senior member of staff is leaving which will be revealed in next couple of days if not done so already.

Confirmed on Twitter - Gordon Young leaving.

I went to get my lad a top over the weekend there at the Roma shop. 75 euros :doh:

Can ram that, even last years top was 45 euros. Don't know if that's a Macron thing or if Italian clubs are all expensive but Becks was only 2 euros so I chose to drink more :)

"To either cut down on beer or the kids' new gear

It's a big decision in a town called Malice"......according to Mr Weller :laugh:

I'm obviously not in the know since I'm not involved in the fleece wearing mile oot committee or any other cok sucking get together therefore I'm normally last to hear of news associated with Motherwell fc so I will trust your knowledge in this instance. As a result, I would be reluctant to bet £50, rather I suggest we both donate £25 to well society?

You seem a very angry man. I don't know anything either. Macron might be alright- some good and bad designs from them from what I've seen.

your source has a slack gub, like yourself

Loose lips sink ships and all that

• Like 1

The noises coming from people within circles where Macron operate about a 2 year supplier contract is nothing new. They are trying to break the UK sports market in a big way, hence recent high profile contracts gained, Motherwell's will be another string to their bow. It should end up a relatively lucrative deal should it come to fruition.

• 1 month later...

Any updates on who will be making our kit next season?

As I have previously stated I would stick with Puma, however there has been some nice templates produced from a few other manufacturers of late. I am not 100% certain how the club/manufacturer kit market works, however, I don’t think we would ever get an adidas or Nike deal. The main reason being we don’t sell enough replica gear for them to bother making bespoke kit in C&A. Bradford City wear Nike however with average home crowds of anything between 10,000 to 13,000 they will certainly sell more replica kit than us. So this leaves us with either sticking with the status quo, or taking a risk with a new brand like Macron. The dark horses would have to be Admiral or Umbro who are both making moves to get back into the UK kit scene. Either of them would suit me, however, Macron would be a risk due to there inconsistent designs. It seems for every good one they produced they release two or three horrific templates. Hopefully the club will announce an extension to our current Puma/Genesis Sport deal soon or maybe (in dreamland!) a big money deal with a new supplier.

Any updates on who will be making our kit next season?

As I have previously stated I would stick with Puma, however there has been some nice templates produced from a few other manufacturers of late. I am not 100% certain how the club/manufacturer kit market works, however, I don't think we would ever get an adidas or Nike deal. The main reason being we don't sell enough replica gear for them to bother making bespoke kit in C&A. Bradford City wear Nike however with average home crowds of anything between 10,000 to 13,000 they will certainly sell more replica kit than us. So this leaves us with either sticking with the status quo, or taking a risk with a new brand like Macron. The dark horses would have to be Admiral or Umbro who are both making moves to get back into the UK kit scene. Either of them would suit me, however, Macron would be a risk due to there inconsistent designs. It seems for every good one they produced they release two or three horrific templates. Hopefully the club will announce an extension to our current Puma/Genesis Sport deal soon or maybe (in dreamland!) a big money deal with a new supplier.

I would be happy with a return to UMBRO/ADMIRAL/PUMA I would even be happy with a return to ADIDAS as the next kit supplier.....

only if it is a UBH design :evilgrin: .

As long as the new me kit has a hoop/band I'm not really fussed,:cheers: ......and white shorts !

I have liked the majority of the Puma kits over the last few year but like many others this season think, the home shirt has to much claret (panels under the arms/sleeves) and the black away is more like a training kit and lacks claret and amber other than the badge

Due to our colours/templates used by Nike/Puma/Adidas it must be hard to get a bespoke home kit, which IMHO should always have at least a band or a hoop as per out tradition 1928-69......we then had nearly fifteen years with out a hoop (did have the iconic sash and nice Admiral)

Since 1984 have various kit suppliers Patrick, Umbro, Match winner ,Admiral Hummel Pony Xara Bukta Canterbury Puma who have managed a band/hoop during their tenure.

I noticed the Scotland rugby kit supplier is Macron. A really nice looking traditional Scotland kit. And the FANS had a big part in it.

http://www.scottishr...onal-influences

If they calm the over use of their logo and the occasional madness on things like the shape of the shorts, they have the ability to produce some nice designs. The recent unbranded Roma kit was produced by Macron, although the design was influenced by the club and fans through an online vote. They have produced some nice Macron branded kit for teams like Lazio and FC Lorient.

Tradition mixed with subtle design is the key to a good looking football kit. Unfortunately we are not in the position to pick and choose how our kit will look, however, we can be clever about which template we select and the manufacturer we choose to make it.

58032521.JPG

New-Lazio-Home-Kit-13-14.jpg

AS-Roma-2014-kit.jpg?resize=498%2C572