Motherwell V Ross County 28/9/13

Yabba's Turd

Decisions for McCall to make, well one in my opinion.

I personally think 10 of the players will pick themselves and it'll be the same team that started against Dundee United on Sunday but I think Vigurs place will be up for grabs. And it'll be between Ainsworth and Faddy for who takes his place.

Do we go with the pace of Ainsworth who's got a goal and assist in his last two games or give Faddy the nod in the hope his goal tonight propels him back towards his best form? Or do you keep the same 11 and go with Vigurs?

Be interesting to see what shape McCall goes with for this one. Somebody at some point is going to thumped by us, hopefully it's this weekend.

If i'm honest i don't know much about County apart from the fact their 2 main players from last season are now Motherwell players and even though they had a late comeback to beat Hearts their form has been pretty poor. With Lasley Sutton and Anier back i think we should be too strong for them and earn a hard fought 2-0 victory with Anier grabbing both goals.

Ross County have only won against St. Mirren and Hearts who for me are the two weakest teams in the league. They are also only 9th in the league having had a fairly kind run of fixtures, they still have to play Aberdeen, Inverness and ourselves in the last 4 matches of the first quarter.

They've not traveled well either, it's 9 games since they won away from home, that includes a defeat away to Stranraer in the League Cup.

They've tended to score goals but been very slack at the back, the opposite of last season. They've conceded 14 goals this term, the highest of any SPFL club by quite a margin.

It's perhaps worth pointing out that 8 of their 9 goals this season have been scored by midfielders so we will have to watch out for late runs into the box and keep things tight at set pieces.

On paper they're not a bad team, especially across midfield, but don't really have a recognised striker and as mentioned above they have leaked goals but Scott Boyd came back into the team last week after being frozen out for most of the season and I think is a good move on County's part because I've been quite impressed by him whenever I've seen him play.

Their key player will be Richard Brittain, he has 3 goals in 5 outings this season and it's no coincidence that County have won every game that he's scored in.

• Like 1

Home for the weekend and making my first trip to Fir Park since the County game at the end of last season. A similar result will do nicely!

Watched county a few times in pre season as i was bored shitless up in the highlands, and well, they're a pretty poor side tbh.

Brittain is, by far and away, their best player. He'll be pulling the strings but should be dealt with by oor Keef. If they can get Sproule into the game he can be a danger with his directness and pace down the right. A Hammell/ZFA combination on the left side should handle him however. As Ya Beezer said above, they don't really have a settled forward line. They've got a big powerful black boy (Luckassen?) who can make a nuisance of himself with his size and some young boy Ross who hasnt played an awful lot.

Don't think they will cause us half the problems United did and if we play anywhere near we can we should have all 3 points by 5pm thumbup.gif

Think Ainsworth will start on the right with ZFA on the left, Las & Carsy in the middle. Back four picks itself. Up front I think it'll be Sutton & Arnier, with Faddy on the bench again. Reckon if he comes on for 30 minutes and does well/gets a goal he'll get a start the following week up front. Just glad to see him up front again and not right wing!

As for the result, gonna go for 2-0 with Sutton getting two.

We're also due a penalty this season.

Nice poser for McCall to have as regards the attacking side of things.

weeyin has already mentioned how pace caused County problems in the two games at Fir Park last season and allied to that my perception was that we were most effective when we played football against them and kept the ball on the deck. I think Higgy got one against them but was actually subbed in that first game if I remember rightly when we adopted a less aerial style.

A lot of players on both sides have come and gone since then ofcourse so what was significant before Christmas last year may be much less so now.

There's also Faddy to consider. We know what he can produce on form so with a bit of a breakthrough on Wednesday with that rather delicious finish ideally you wouldn't really want to stunt any recovery of form but at the same time neither Sutton or Anier deserve to be hooked for him.

I'm thinking that when you have these attacking options that are currently working well, there's good competition for places, you've the former players element in Vigs and Lawson if selected and that generally the defence is looking pretty decent, then I'm pretty positive about our chances tomorrow.

Ok going to this one bit with work. Can anyone answer if the club let support workers in with the person they are caring for? The organisation would pay it for me anyway if they didnt but would be good to know as a lot of places let support workers in for nothing. Cheers.

Delboy is your man to answer this. He occasionally brings clients to games and I am sure that he gets complimentary tickets for him and his client. Just phone the ticket office and explain what you are doing.

The club have always been happy to help, just contact the box office in advance and they will sort you out (I normally hand over the voucher from my season book to cover my ticket and then get comps for myself and the young person)

• Like 1