Motherwell V Aberdeen 30/10/13

well_nuts

Only teams I think could cause us problems at present are Aberdeen and ICT. If we're firing all cylinders (which hasn't been the case yet this season), I fear nobody especially as the semi's move to a neutral venue.

I just hope the players take a lot from that 3-1 game. Best chance of silverwear in quite a few years. If Killie and St Mirren and some mob 2 divisions below us can win it, its nigh time we managed it.

even though were at home aberdeen are the team that i wanted to avoid but having said that were more than capable of beating them provided the players turn up which was sadly lacking the last 2 home cup ties against them.a big cup tie under the lights at fir park is always something to look forward too and if its priced correctly then we should see a big crowd on the night

Aberdeen felt our arse last month, but we were shite. As good as we made Aberdeen look that day, our team from the tail end of last season would have wiped the floor with them.

Obviously there were easier opponents but lets face it, its a team that have averaged 8th place in the league the last 4years we are up against, not Real Madrid! On our day we can beat them, on theirs they can beat us. Should be a good game.

I liked mccalls statement lastnight, "anyone at home!"

Bring them on, we are due a cup win over them anyway!

Was it seeded? - if so it can't have been on the basis of finishing league positions last season - otherwise it couldn't have produced an ICT v Dundee Utd tie - strange.

EDIT - Looks like ties seeded until quarter-final stage, then all in draw.

Re-read what you wrote - thought you meant this round, think you meant the competition as a whole drinks.gif

As stated earlier in the thread, we need to meet them, or equally good teams at some point, so better at Fir Park IMO. Regarding pricing, this should be our bonus game for season ticket holders (1st home cup tie) so a decent home crowd is on the cards. by the time the tie comes around we will have played Ross County and Hearts at Fir Park and Celtic & St Johnstone away. They have Dundee Utd at home and St Mirren, County and Hibs away. We need to keep improving and we will have no fear for this one.

Aberdeen fans are always good for a laugh. When they beat us 3-1 last time me and my mate bumped into 3 of them after the game and we had a quick discussion about the game and season expectations etc, i asked them what are you expecting for the season, and they said without sarcasm or anyway tongue in cheek "we will challenge Celtic for the league" i said are you fu*king winding me up, they said "a club our size should be challenging for the league". It just shows they have totally lost touch with reality up there the idiotic bawbags.

As stated earlier in the thread, we need to meet them, or equally good teams at some point, so better at Fir Park IMO. Regarding pricing, this should be our bonus game for season ticket holders (1st home cup tie) so a decent home crowd is on the cards. by the time the tie comes around we will have played Ross County and Hearts at Fir Park and Celtic & St Johnstone away. They have Dundee Utd at home and St Mirren, County and Hibs away. We need to keep improving and we will have no fear for this one.

Totally agree, if we're winning this cup it's the best possible draw. Better meet them at the arc than hampden.

If we get through this we'll be installed as favourites for the cup, a crazy prospect.

Also, if you know anything about the Aberdeen fan mentality, the absence of the old firm means they will fill our away stand come the tie - should be à decent night.

Also think we'll be stronger in a month than now. It's been uninspiring in some ways but we are improving every week.

Why are we believing the Aberdeen progaganda machine? Is it them that have finished 2nd, 3rd and got to a Scottish Cup final in the last two and a half years?

They're on a decent run just now, but the game is over a month away and I fully expect them to be back to their usual pish by then.

3-0 'Well. Game over before half time.

:cheers::yahoo:

• Like 2

Why are we believing the Aberdeen progaganda machine? Is it them that have finished 2nd, 3rd and got to a Scottish Cup final in the last two and a half years?

They're on a decent run just now, but the game is over a month away and I fully expect them to be back to their usual pish by then.

3-0 'Well. Game over before half time.

:cheers::yahoo:

Not believing the propaganda machine but I am believing the 3-1 defeat to them earlier in the season and they looked decent. We have progressed since then so it should make for a good game.

Hopefully not on the TV so they bring a good support down!

cant believe they chose the hearts hibs game for the telly, ive tried to watch the last few edinburgh derbys and they have all been terrible

Out with a Celtic / Sevco clash they will always choose an Edinburgh derby. TV companies are blinkered when it comes to sport and will always select the perceived safe bet. There is also a good chance that the Hibs / Hearts game will still be a sell out despite it being on the telly. Other games may suffer attendance wise if they were on free to view council TV.

TV companies are blinkered by viewing figures only,

And like it or not Edinburgh derby will have more viewers,

Changing slightly though as, you now have former leech like figures such as Hugh keevins talking up all the other matches he's attended as worthwhile viewing, sadly for every one that has realised they were part of the problem you have two like chic young and mark guidi still sticking the boot in and harking on about sevco

My initial reaction to the draw was FECK, but the more I thought about it the more I reckon we'll turn the sheepshaggerz over. Yeah they played well at FP but most of our players didn't know their teammates names never mind anything else...We've made slow but steady progress and by the end of next month, I think young Ainsworth will be firing on all cylinders. Pound for pound we are a better team than they are. 3-2 to the Well...