Motherwell V Aberdeen 30/10/13

well_nuts

Posts like those of Steve Diggle, condemning any negative response to the current regime, and thus negating any form of healthy debate really stop the average commenter from coming on and making their thoughts heard. Frankly, they put people like me off.

Fuck sake, grow a set. It's only comments on a vaguely anonymous internet forum. Nothing to be feart of. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

A real chance tae win our first cup in over 20 years was something many fans thought was a real possibility before the Dons game .Fans are just frustrated and venting there anger on here after there hopes were dashed. Understandable.

Agreed.

And this pish about Motherwell fans being worse than every other fan in Scotland is exactly that-pish.

• Like 4

I'm actually still laughing.

Responding to post after post of extremely heavy criticism of the team is 'stifling healthy debate'

Brilliant. I've heard it all now.

Here's a hint. I'm not stifling debate stipers, you just don't like or agree with what I say which is something completely different. (and all very well and good)

Debate: a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints:

When is an appropriate point to criticise?

Let me know as we drag away down the league.

ETA - We're the worst fans in the league, because you know folks very upset by leaving it

• Like 1

Fair play and well argued, Brazilian.

:blink::huh:

come one Nian, you've clearly hit a downer in life, if supporting Motherwell, can be classed as a current unfortunate period.

and yes, to you, some posts might look like reacting to 'any' negative post, but step back, most of the people you spend too much time going round social media slating, actually do criticise component parts of the ups and downs.

what most object to is the mass hysteria following a couple of defeats or a couple of signings that appear to be not working, or even be it , a lull in the undoubted successful period in the clubs history that is the last 7 years.

if some of the posters would just back of, from the need to slate everything and exaggerate the problems, then perhaps others would back of, trying to point that out , by trying to counter it with reminders of all things positive

well4europe has some decent points in amongst his posts but has repeatedly said the team didn't try on Wednesday and we created almost no chances, to me that's just Bullshit, and not based on any rational view but through a blinkered view post match with some anger and hurt that comes with a loss, the over dramatics , then rile others as much as you seem to get riled, by positive outlooks.

in a league competition , you have to compare to whats happening to the competition around you, I'd say on a whole, the current regime is doing not too bad, with the resources available

Cup defeats hurt, but the team and management did try to win it, came up short against a better team, tough as it is to accept, nae point isolating it as a measure of where the cub is at present

That is a point but their best player the night we played them was Flood who went off injured. His replacement then got sent off. Not in anyway the same game or circumstance. I suspect had Flood not been at Fir Park that night we'd have scored several as well because he won every second ball. The red card in our game was before McInnes had had ot make any changes so he was able to reshape his team to meet the situation.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just watched the BBC highlights of the game there, this game will haunt me for years to come.

St. Johnstone off the boil

ICT freefalling under the stewardship of Yogi

Hearts facing relegation with a bunch of kids

This would have been our best chance in years for silverwear.

Nail, head. When it comes to the cup games we appear to have dropped the ball in recent times. We really need to sort it out before Sevco get back into the top flight.

I have no shame in admitting if they lift any trophy i will fucking cry myself to sleep for months after !! Our life as Scottish football fans won't be worth living if the sheep hold silverware ! Last season when they were true to form (shite) they had a few hundred fans at Fir Park, now the typical glory hunters that they are they sold out 3 stands at Easter Road ?!! When cup final rolls round i'll be a Caley or Jambo for the day ! ABA !!!!!! Anybody But Aberdeen !!!!!!

• Like 2

and qualifying for European comps won't mean a thing.

I would rather we didn’t qualify as it drains any potential income benefits quicker than a pay day loan. We need money and as far as I can see the way UEFA organise their tournaments we can barely afford to take part. Our domestic cup games are far more important than a tournament we have no chance of reaching the group stages in.

• Like 1

This will be yet another good(great?) Motherwell team never tae win anything.20,30,40,50 years from now league finishes and qualifying for European comps won't mean a thing . The record books only record the winners. But you never know there is always next year.

In a period when we have been one of the best sides in the country it doesn't make good reading that Hearts, Dundee United, Kilmarnock, St. Mirren and now Aberdeen or Inverness have or will have picked up silverware, whereas we haven't really had a sniff.

In the last three seasons the best we have managed was a quarter final. We've only won 1 of our last 7 domestic cup matches.

• Like 1

Agree, there's nothing better than the excitement of a Euro draw. I mind last year being gutted at the draw, but still looking at flying to Ukraine & Georgia and dodgy trains into Russia etc. Looking forward to it again next year, we're due a Dutch or Belgian team or that thumbup.gif

• Like 1

1391380929[/url]' post='405416']

In a period when we have been one of the best sides in the country it doesn't make good reading that Hearts, Dundee United, Kilmarnock, St. Mirren and now Aberdeen or Inverness have or will have picked up silverware, whereas we haven't really had a sniff.

In the last three seasons the best we have managed was a quarter final. We've only won 1 of our last 7 domestic cup matches.

The two best chances we've had in recent times, May 2011 apart, were the 2012 Scottish Cup and this season's league cup. On both occasions we fucked up in the Quarter Finals against Aberdeen and on both occasions the circumstances should have seen us progress. 2012 because Aberdeen were rank rotten and we were on form and this year because they were reduced to ten men and we hadn't a clue how to break them down. Considering that Rangers have went out of the game and we've had our best sides in years in that time I'd say that this period was our best chance to end the wait for silverware, but we have failed miserably and while 'there's always next year' I fear that it will be a long time before we get such a good chance again. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, I would take a cup win, League Cup or Scottish Cup over Euro qualification any day of the week.

Odense were there for the taking i don't care what anybody says ! They were SPL level on a good day and we bottled it. Not slagging us but thats what happened at Fir Park that night... We shat it ! Anyway once we are confirmed in 3rd again this year i'll start fantasying about potential opponents In the European tour. I'll take the Europa League condensers fae England ! Everton, Tottenham, Liverpool or even Man Utd !! The dream is alive ! :)