Motherwell V Aberdeen 30/10/13

well_nuts

I have the fear when I see 'Well fans telling other 'Well fans that are thinking we'll finish third that they're being pessimistic....

Good point.

I said it in the game thread but I think Aberdeen will push on now with Adam Rooney coming in. They really needed a top quality striker to complete the jigsaw and now they have one.

Odense were there for the taking i don't care what anybody says ! They were SPL level on a good day and we bottled it.

I thought they had one or two players that were just a bit above our level, and that was the difference in the sides.

I wonder how things would have panned out if Higdon's early goal in the 2nd leg v Levante had stood? They were a solid side, but perhaps their arse would have collapsed?

I'm sure they would have stepped it up but I saw a video clip on someone's phone after the game and Higdon was miles onside. Humphrey's sitter at the end was quite unbelievable as well.

I thought he was just offside, there was a dummy run by the free kick takers, and higdon went just a shade early.

They probably could have stepped it up, but they could have panicked and not known whether to try and sit in and defend the lead, or go for it and win the game...

Out of curiosity more than anything else, am I the only one wondering how Aberdeen are sustaining their current squad wages wise and what it might mean in the long term for them?

Surely the entire first team squad must be earning a fortune...

I'd say they have about 10 big-ish earners but most of the rest of the squad is filled with home growns - Shaughnessy, Robertson, Pawlett, Jack, Low etc. Can't imagine they are on big money.

Not really in the same boat as say Hearts were when they had a first team squad of about 40 players!

They also have a few guys out on loan, Magennis went to St. Mirren in the window for instance, and they released Gregg Wylde.

Poland

Faroe Islands

Germany

Finland

France

Wales

Albania

Romania

Iceland

Norway

Denmark

Greece

Spain

Russia

14 rounds in modern European competitions and never the same country twice :blink:

Russia again next time we qualify then :popcorn:

russia was a great trip :nod:

280_zps507f7bc0.jpg

235_zps34c3d163.jpg

199_zpse4594bf7.jpg

:lol:

out of the 14 trips there wales and nancy were below par

the bonus being paid out for cup wins must be gash :ph34r:

aberdeen and ict are our main rivals for europe so hopefully them both having the final to look forward to as well as the scottish cup will lead to points being dropped. Our two recent cup finals definitely effected our league performance.

Aberdeen celtic should be a good game at the weekend. If celtic lose that's their season effectively finished and with the aberdeen fans hassling lennon, the final being at parkhead and a potential old firm game the tims will be right up for it.