Motherwell V Aberdeen 30/10/13

well_nuts

All you can ask for is a home draw. We have to play a hard team sooner or later .Usually we get papped out on the tues then come wednesday we discover the Old Firm are out and we wonder what might have been.The cup is there for anyone, all we have to do is grab our chance. I'd love to get to another non old firm final. Should be a cracking game.

would we not have to subsidise around 40% of those gate prices for each season ticket holder?

I am assuming this is a clever ploy on behalf of the club. Each adult will surely only count for £12 - which means we would give less than if it was £20 per adult...

Also it helps Aberdeen as you would now expect them to nearly fill the away end - giving them a very good and vocal following

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1380210985[/url]' post='396624']

Looking forward to it. They have strung a couple of results together so all the stay away glory hunting fans come out the woodwork and their support swells from a few hundred to well over a thousand, so the south will be full of the tramps come that nite which will swell our coffers a wee bit.

To be fair to Aberdeen, their fans are not glory hunters as are ours. We and they haven't won anything in a while so there is no glory to hunt (if you get what I mean). You have got to commend there supporters as they travel in amazing numbers. Anyway back to the point. Not all that sure about the outcome of this one, think that we will either get a thrashing or it will be a draw and anything can happen from there.

To be fair to Aberdeen, their fans are not glory hunters as are ours. We and they haven't won anything in a while so there is no glory to hunt (if you get what I mean). You have got to commend there supporters as they travel in amazing numbers.

Welcome to the boards and nice to see you make your first post!

But....

Aberdeen supporters do get a good press for their support, not least because they almost have a whole unit of propagandists masquerading under the guise of Radio Scotland presenters and analysts.

But let's remember the size of the city of Aberdeen, population of something like 210,000. Throw in the catchment area of Aberdeenshire, which is something like 230,000.

Don't forget either the support they garnered during their golden years when they had no senior side to compete with north of Montrose and the not insignificant volume of support that latched on to them from other parts of Scotland

Consider also the wealth there is in that part of the country and I don't think their support is just as jaw-dropping as we are often lead to believe.

That said they are generally a noisy, colourful lot. Away from home at least.

I would agree with Andy.

I've seen Aberdeen bring a decent support to Fir Park only a handful of times over the years. Almost exclusively at the start of the season when they may have strung together a run of results that are nothing more than average and they've whipped themselves up into a frenzy that 1983 is on its way back!

This "red army" pish is exactly that. Pish.

This could be our biggest game of the season as I'd put winning a cup higher than a runners up spot in the league.

Even though they needed two penalties to beat us last time I thought they were impressive and thoroughly deserved the win. They have height, pace and experience and are the best team I've seen this season.

I think this will be a tough match, especially as Aberdeen have an extra days recovery time which will probably tell in the latter stages but hopefully we get that little bit of luck that seems to have gone against us lately versus Aberdeen, especially in the cup.

A penalty for absolutely nothing would be a start!

This really is our best chance to win a cup in a long, long time. Arguably, we are the best team left in the competition but there are still a handful of teams who could deemed as the favourite.

Losses to Aberdeen hurt me more than against any other team. A loss in this game, under these circumstances, would be devastating.

This really is our best chance to win a cup in a long, long time. Arguably, we are the best team left in the competition but there are still a handful of teams who could deemed as the favourite.

Losses to Aberdeen hurt me more than against any other team. A loss in this game, under these circumstances, would be devastating.

This.

Yes an extremely difficult cup-tie just got more difficult with today's result. their peckers are up and the papers are full of....IT'S ABERDEEN'S TIME TO WIN A CUP AGAIN!!!!! :bad: Hopefully these remarks are pinned onto our dressing room walls cos if we're up for it we can DO THEM AND MAYBE IT COULD BE OUR YEAR AGAIN!!!! :nod: