Celtic V Motherwell 5/10/13

Yabba's Turd

It will be interesting to see who the referee is for this game now, cause after feeling the Brown incident last night was an injustice they will be all over the ref like flys on shite for every 50/50 decision, if its a weaker ref then i think we can expect either a very dodgy penalty against us or a ridiculous red card for a Well player.

It's a difficult one to call on several counts.

About the only thing I'm pretty much assured of is at one point this week Stuart McCall will say we need to be at our best and for them to have an off day for us to get anything out of the game.

We certainly shouldn't be going there overawed. We've won the last two against them and should have taken at least a point at Parkhead on our last visit.

When considering what team and formation will we play, I must confess I'm stumped. I'm thinking of McCall's "horses-for-courses" remark recently. We could introduce Lawson if we wanted to go for an extra man in midfield for more ball retention. You've Ainsworth if you want some pace for speedy breaks. Or you even have scope for another centre-half in there to go along similar lines to the last game at Parkhead, where we did really well after a fraught first 10 minutes.

Nice to have options.

It remains to be seen whether the Celtic team will be flat after Wednesday - they still have a good variety of options to freshen if not replicate their team from last night - but I think we can bank on the fact their fans will be. I've been told by a few that the only times they are stirred these days outwith Champions League game is when the opposition take an unexpected lead and they have some "sport".

Hmm... Quietly confident. I'll leave it at that.

Have the bois had clearance to take the drum etc in or is it business as usual at Parkhead (sit down, shut up)?

Not sure if there has been any official clearance yet but on the last few occasions the stewards have been less heavy handed and have allowed entry. Still a good few of the group who wont attend regardless for various reasons.

It will be interesting to see who the referee is for this game now, cause after feeling the Brown incident last night was an injustice they will be all over the ref like flys on shite for every 50/50 decision, if its a weaker ref then i think we can expect either a very dodgy penalty against us or a ridiculous red card for a Well player.

You say that as if its not in their DNA to do so. They have convinced themselves they are the world's oppressed and victims to rival the Palestinian's. However by the letter of the law, Brown was right to walk, for me it was 3/4 of the way to a red. But as there is no such award I was happy the ned got a red mainly for his petulant stupidity.

If they get a penalty I'd say there's a fair chance it could be a fair decision seeing some of clumsy challenges McManus has made on occasion so far. Assured and composed one minute, Lorenzo Amoruso then next. Still a great signing for us but I fear he will beat Crags OG/penalty conceded record.

Most intimidating game so far and imperative we compete in midfield. For that reason I'd opt to start with Faddy, games like this are like water off a ducks back. I'd bench ZFA and look to bring him or our nippy little winger on for Lasley if the engine goes and move Carswell more central and finally go for Arnier to replace Faddy if/when he's gubbed (injuries withstanding):

Hollis

Ramsden McManus Hutchison Hammell

Carswell Lasley Lawson Vigurs

McFadden

Sutton

1380728382[/url]' post='396896']

You say that as if its not in their DNA to do so. They have convinced themselves they are the world's oppressed and victims to rival the Palestinian's. However by the letter of the law, Brown was right to walk, for me it was 3/4 of the way to a red. But as there is no such award I was happy the ned got a red mainly for his petulant stupidity.

If they get a penalty I'd say there's a fair chance it could be a fair decision seeing some of clumsy challenges McManus has made on occasion so far. Assured and composed one minute, Lorenzo Amoruso then next. Still a great signing for us but I fear he will beat Crags OG/penalty conceded record.

Most intimidating game so far and imperative we compete in midfield. For that reason I'd opt to start with Faddy, games like this are like water off a ducks back. I'd bench ZFA and look to bring him or our nippy little winger on for Lasley if the engine goes and move Carswell more central and finally go for Arnier to replace Faddy if/when he's gubbed (injuries withstanding):

Hollis

McFadden

Sutton

Did he get credited with Saturday's goal?

Hollis

McFadden

Sutton

Jeezus, a reckon big hutchy would be the fastest player in that team! If we're wanting to hit them on the breaks then that team isn't the answer. Can see McCall going the usual 4-5-1 for an Old Firm opposition, although i'd continue with the 4-4-2.

I'd bench Angol and play Faddy for more experience, Angols decision making at times on Saturday was poor with balls given away too easily. I'd keep the Sutton/Anier partnership upfront as they are causing problems. I'd start Ainsworth on the right for the pacey counter attacks. Only problem with dropping Angol is leaving Hammell exposed as he's not been his best recently.

My team would be :

Hollis

Usual back 4.

Ainsworth Carswell Lasley McFadden

Sutton Anier.

I reckon McCall will drop Anier though and put Lawson in to steady the midfield for his 4-5-1.

Hopefully come away with a point at least!

Hollis

McFadden

Sutton

We scored 8 goals in 4 games in September, ZFA set up 2 of them, Ainsworth scored 1 and set up 2 others and Anier scored 1 and set 1 up yet you've benched them all. Sorry but to me that's madness.

No offence but Sutton aside, you've basically ripped our main sources of goals/creativity in recent times straight out of the team. What have Faddy and Vigurs done to merit an inclusion ahead of ZFA, Anier and Ainsworth?

Also we're likely to spend large spells without the ball on Saturday and neither Vigurs or Faddy are exactly noted for their mobility and work rate. Dundee United's 2nd and County's goal at the weekend are evidence of this.

I have no doubt they'll both come good this season but I'd have them both on the bench for this one. I'd go with the same team that started the 2nd half on Saturday.

I think a narrow, energy and morale-sapping defeat is the best result we could have hoped for from last night.

Here's hoping we're top of the league by the time Casualty comes on on Saturday night.

I don't see us winning by the nine goals that are required for that, we can dream thoughcool.gif

In order to keep you interested, it is Iain Brines.

We scored 8 goals in 4 games in September, ZFA set up 2 of them, Ainsworth scored 1 and set up 2 others and Anier scored 1 and set 1 up yet you've benched them all. Sorry but to me that's madness.

No offence but Sutton aside, you've basically ripped our main sources of goals/creativity in recent times straight out of the team. What have Faddy and Vigurs done to merit an inclusion ahead of ZFA, Anier and Ainsworth?

Also we're likely to spend large spells without the ball on Saturday and neither Vigurs or Faddy are exactly noted for their mobility and work rate. Dundee United's 2nd and County's goal at the weekend are evidence of this.

I have no doubt they'll both come good this season but I'd have them both on the bench for this one. I'd go with the same team that started the 2nd half on Saturday.

I put down a team to compete in midfield and win the ball and ultimately upset them, it was compiled partly with how I imagine McCall with think with a hint of my opinion. I thought I explained my reasons, however I go into more detail. Faddy as he's on the cusp of getting his form back and can handle the occasion and Lawson to help cover the defence as despite their perceived lethargy from Barca, Celtic still pose a major threat going forward. The thinking behind it was to soak up and deal with the early pressure and allow those goal threats you identified to have impact when they are introduced from the bench, fresh and champing at the bit.

I accept there is no pace to speak of but the first half for me isn't about breaks and counter attacking. I'd love to sneak a goal but I can't help but feel scoring after 15 minutes is like baiting a wounded animal. Last 10 minutes though warms my cockles.

I also considered that McCall is conservative and opts for damage limitation than inflicting damage.

Faddy as he's on the cusp of getting his form back and can handle the occasion

it would be nice but what is that actually based on? getting subbed at half time against ross county for not tracking back and trying to dribble round their full team wasn't a good sign about faddy's form for me.

it would be nice but what is that actually based on? getting subbed at half time against ross county for not tracking back and trying to dribble round their full team wasn't a good sign about faddy's form for me.

Where did you get that information? McCall said he was only ever meant to get 45 - 60 mins (because he played the full 90 against Livi) and they took him off at half time because he felt his hammy tighten.

iain brines fucked us in the cup final by not sending off mastorivic. Blatant cheating.

Thought that was Calum Murray? He has however undoubtedly shafted us several times, like the penalty he didn't give us in Inverness.

Wullie Hill's has us at 6/1 for the victory, I remember us going there at 11/1 and getting a victory.

Still need luck though

Correct me if im wrong but i remember ian angus scoring in the last minute at parkhead to give us a win ? Sure i was there !