Celtic V Motherwell 5/10/13

Yabba's Turd

Had it up on day.to tv but couldnt get rid of adverts either. Now the picture and sound has disappeared altogether. None of the normal channels showing any links.

Sky has blocked firstrow sports.

Not great. Not unexpected.

Aberdeen and ICT losing makes it a little less painful day. No ground lost on either...

Pretty much agree with this. Always difficult playing away to the best team in the league.

Most important thing is to bounce back in the next match, which is at home to probably the worst team in the league.

We should never take any team in the league lightly but if a properly shite St Mirren team can go to Gorgie and win comfortably we should pick up the 3 points against them at our place. Getting beat 2-0 away to the rotten mob isn't a disaster i just wish the Hearts game was next week instead of a fortnight away.

extremely disappointing. zero ambition until we were two nil and until they eventually scored we did little more than piss about the back with the ball.

waiting until we were two nil down to put anier was baffling but mccall seems to like to let the opposition get well ahead before he changes anything. we made a few chances with anier and sutton up front but it was too little too late, mctcall might want to consider trying to score at 0-0 rather than two goals down the next time we're there.

if we beat hearts it'll all be forgotten but it's a dear day out to watch us barely try and win. in future maybe the manager can let us know in advance whether we're going to try and win or not.

Not so much the defeat but the manner of the defeat and ease of celtics goals which was disappointing. Lasley and McManus our top players though we never looked like doing anything until anier came on in 70 mins or so.

Carswell looked a bit out his depth first half, better second half. Hollis at fault for first goal, vigurs (who was stinking today) for the second.

Brines shat it for the foul on Kerr as he knew if he gave it he would have to show a second yellow.

I'm rarely critical after a defeat to Celtic (and this post might be influenced by the fact I paid £26 to get in....) but what a disappointment.

2-0 at Parkhead is nothing to be ashamed of but that was a completely uninspiring display, I don't think we broke sweat all game and I don't think Celtic had to break sweat scoring their goals. I understand games can be won in many different ways, I've no problem with cautious and defensive tactics, sitting deep and trying to frustrate the opposition (which I think we achieved to a fair extent) but it seemed like the game plan went no further than nullifying their threat. When we did get the ball, we looked scared and devoid of ideas.

I thought Carswell was decent and Hollis, despite his mistake for the first goal, dealt well with the three hundred or so passbacks and put in a few good saves. Also, Kerr and Anier looked sharp when they came on.

On a side note, fucking hell there were a lot of police watching the well support.

Yet another lack lustre defeat at Celtic Park. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again we might as well not bother turning up against either of the Old Firm. We usually under perform, and rarely look like bothering either of them. I get the impression the players have accepted their fate before these games have even begun. I am struggling to name a recent Motherwell manager or team that showed a bit of belief when playing the Old Firm (and I am not talking about meaningless end of season games).

I suppose we just need to accept that games against the gruesome twosome will rarely result in a positive outcome.

had the pleasure of a free ticket for the home end from a mate, we didnt look in the game until we switched back to 442, which imo we should have started with (even though celtic kind of took the foot off the gas come the end) kerr looked decent ring wing when he came on. I came into the game expecting 0 points but its a total bonus that dons and caley lost for us so i think its a good way to take us into the international break looking in quite a strong position

Yet another lack lustre defeat at Celtic Park. I've said it before and I'll say it again we might as well not bother turning up against either of the Old Firm. We usually under perform, and rarely look like bothering either of them. I get the impression the players have accepted their fate before these games have even begun. I am struggling to name a recent Motherwell manager or team that showed a bit of belief when playing the Old Firm (and I am not talking about meaningless end of season games).

I suppose we just need to accept that games against the gruesome twosome will rarely result in a positive outcome.

Underboyle change your password quick. Your account looks like its been hacked and taken over by MJC!

Not much to write home about really, save for the last twenty minutes or so.

We were far too deep to begin with and with Celtic pressing us high up the pitch it was leaving us absolutely no margin for error with our passing. As a result and we were being squeezed into the last third of our own half and giving the ball far too often.

As ever it seems to be it wasn't a bit of genius that broke us down, or some screamer from 30 yards, just a mixture of poor defending and a little bad luck. Hollis was partially culpable but it seemed a damnded if you go for it, damned if you don't kind of scenario. Will need to see it again. Irked a little that 15 seconds earlier Stokes goes down seemingly injured then up he pops Lazarus like to score when the ball is palmed into his path.

Thought if not exactly threatening we at least managed to push ourselves a bit further up the park after we went behind.

The early goal in the second half just killed it. Fortunate that we didn't concede immediately afterwards or they may well have sniffed blood but we recovered and after the introduction of Anier went on to play our best football of the game and looked the half decent fitba team we actually are.

You have to concede ofcourse that at 2-0 up Celtic had likely eased off a degree by that stage but if either of Sutton's chances go in with about 5 minutes left who knows?

So yeah another trip to OldFirmland tinged with a little disappointment and whatmighthavebeens.

The big positives ofcourse came elsewhere which means we can go into the international break still in 3rd place and with two weeks to help those with niggles and fitness issues get closer to 100%.

extremely disappointing. zero ambition until we were two nil and until they eventually scored we did little more than piss about the back with the ball.

waiting until we were two nil down to put anier was baffling but mccall seems to like to let the opposition get well ahead before he changes anything. we made a few chances with anier and sutton up front but it was too little too late, mctcall might want to consider trying to score at 0-0 rather than two goals down the next time we're there.

McCall said before the game that Anier was injured and the most we would get out of him would be the last twenty minutes so it wasn't a tactical decision to wait until that stage in the game