Motherwell V Hearts 19/10/13

Yabba's Turd

Club to donate £1 to Foundation of Hearts for every away fan that attends tomorrow.

From Evening Times

Good move by the club, hopefully it will encourage a few more of them to make the journey through.

& Locke would love to have big Sutton in his side tomorrow. It's a funny old world rolleyes.gif

Hearts quids in thanks to Well generosity

Motherwell will donate £1 to the Foundation of Hearts for every away fan who attends tomorrow's match at Fir Park.

The fans group are bidding to take control of the administration-hit Tynecastle outfit having been awarded preferred bidder status.

Bryan Jackson, the BDO troubleshooter overseeing Hearts' administration, was called in when the Steelmen encountered grave financial difficulty in 2002.

Fir Park chief executive Leeann Dempster said: "We are aware of the difficulties during an insolvency event.

"Although it was over 10 years ago, we very much appreciated the help and support of other clubs in our time of need.

"That restructure back in 2002-2004 laid the groundwork for the fan ownership vehicle, the 'Well Society', to appear some seven years later.

"We are sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Foundation of Hearts and we hope this small gesture will help them on their way towards their goal."

Meanwhile, Hearts gaffer Gary Locke wishes he could call on John Sutton to spearhead their frontline tomorrow.

Instead, the experienced marksman will pose the biggest threat to the Gorgie outfit's bid to collect all the spoils.

Sutton left Hearts during the summer when he refused a 50% pay cut.But Locke confesses he would love to have the bustling forward in his team.

Locke, whose side are 10 points adrift of Kilmarnock at the Premiership basement, said: "Certainly when you see it now and he's scoring goals, John is someone we could be doing with.

"John is playing with a lot of confidence as is the whole Motherwell side."

Would love to see big Neilson get his chance tomorrow in goal, he's a far better goalkeeper than Hollis and I think it's time he's brought in. Fair play to McCall for giving Hollis a chance but I think the Loyalty card he's been playing under has now expired!! His Superman impression at the first goal against Celtic should be the end.

Neilson coming in could make our defence really solid this season..........purely my opinion!!

• Like 1

Would love to see big Neilson get his chance tomorrow in goal, he's a far better goalkeeper than Hollis and I think it's time he's brought in. Fair play to McCall for giving Hollis a chance but I think the Loyalty card he's been playing under has now expired!! His Superman impression at the first goal against Celtic should be the end.

Neilson coming in could make our defence really solid this season..........purely my opinion!!

What is your opinion based on? Not disputing your right to have one....just wondering if you've seen something we're all missing?

What is your opinion based on? Not disputing your right to have one....just wondering if you've seen something we're all missing?

I don't necessarily think we are ALL missing it Al. IMO Neilsen in the very few games he has played is a better keeper than Hollis. He looks more comfortable and is more commanding.

BUT I Imo I don't think Hollis has done enough to be dropped. He has played well so far.

If, and I stress if, it's like in many examples on here in the past, it's based on the notion that someone else available MUST be better than the current option. Otherwise known as Willie Kinniburgh Syndrome.

Maybe its based on what people have seen of Hollis so far? He hasn't made many mistakes but to me he doesn't look like a "Premiership" standard keeper. £10 bet to a charity of anyones choice that Gunnar is our number 1 by the end of the season (barring injury).

Maybe its based on what people have seen of Hollis so far? He hasn't made many mistakes but to me he doesn't look like a "Premiership" standard keeper. £10 bet to a charity of anyones choice that Gunnar is our number 1 by the end of the season (barring injury).

With a similar caveat i.e. Not as a result of Injury to Hollis I'll take that bet mate.

I think we will see Hollis get stronger as we go on although may see Gunnar featuring more in the cups

If Hollis plays all season do we give him a new contract (and a pay rise) or try and get a better keeper in. It's a grim thought that Hollis could be our first choice keeper for years.

The Aberdeen game has to be the best 11 on the park so unless Hollis makes more errors to go with the ones at Parkhead in the next two games he'll be starting.

• Like 1

Other than the Celtic game I think Hollis has done better than expected with some really good saves to keep us in games or win points. He doesn't have the commanding presence of Randolph but we knew that. Neilsen doesn't seem to have it either and in the few times I've seen him I've not seen anything to suggest he's much better.

Neilsen may well be first choice keeper by the end of the season but I don't think Hollis deserves to be dropped yet.