Bbc Alba

Bobby Russell's lovechild

1382280903[/url]' post='397597']

the something you missed might be the last couple of decades?

that's just how it is these days

TV companies pay money and show games live to suit their schedule

Looks like BBC Alba get 3 live matches and 35 delayed matches each year - might sit in the house and watch this rather than a trip to Perth, £20 lost to the game?

Looks like BBC Alba get 3 live matches and 35 delayed matches each year - might sit in the house and watch this rather than a trip to Perth, £20 lost to the game?

your £22 and many others likely as well, I'll not be there, looking at the schedule a while back the decision was always to sacrifice this one to pick up on a couple of others

marginal argument that of all the deals the Alba deal is the preferable,

Limited disruption to weekend match scheduling but with decent exposure of the product.

shame for St Johnstone, as we've had a good wee crowd up there a few times and an enjoyable few visits.

still reckon Sunday 16:05 is preferable to 12:30 the Sunday after at home vs Hibs

Yep. This is just the first year they've taken up their live match option, for some reason.

They showed live games last season as well.

can't remember the last time we were shown live on a free to air channel for a league game. Didn't realise alba had the three league games contract

The Ross County home match at the end of last season.

Yeah, I know that, I'm just saying that I can understand why the OP asked the question. Alba aren't known for their live broadcasts (even if I certainly won't be complaining).

Just saying that's why they're delayed, have noticed more live games from them though, maybe stepping up after dipping their toe in with the delayed broadcast. Natural progression perhaps?

Whilst it's only last season they picked up the live SPL stuff, it's maybe worth pointing out that Alba have actually been showing a smattering of "non-bigot games" as David puts it, for a good few seasons now in the shape of the Challenge Cup and the SFL play-offs.

Certainly they've pounced upon Rangers with them being in the lower leagues to boost viewing figures but if you consider their live games would otherwise not involve either of the Old Firm and they rarely feature in the delayed transmissions; you have woman's fitba if that's your bag and there's Junior Cup then its a reasonable amount of coverage they devote away from the mainstream.

I've got a lot of time for Alba's sports coverage. Aside from the live games, and any delayed stuff involving MFC I regularly watch their live rugby showing Glasgow or Edinburgh. They've also been known to chuck out the odd documentary too like that Aberdeen one about them winning the Cup Winners Cup.

I would imagine that the amount of time I spend watching sport on Alba, and its relevance to me, far surpasses that on BBC Scotland.