Motherwell Vs Hibs 3/11/13

MelvinBragg

Big fan of Carswell but I thought he and Lasley got caught up the park time after time allowing Robertson and Craig plenty of space to run at McManus and Hutch.

Not a criticism just an observation, think the midfield pairing need to take turns at going forward while the other sits, particularly when they get no protection from our wide men.

Carswell also done well to get through the 90 minutes when he was clearly carrying the effects of the knock he picked up before ht.

He may or not have posted as much already but Big Stall noted the slight irony of the countless balls that went into the box the other night to no good effect and yet here were today, the first decent cross brought a corner from which the second decent cross brought our winning goal.

It was a stuffy but very very welcome win in the end and that's really what today was all about. Get a result, however it comes about, put the last couple of days behind us and move on. The fact that we had to show a good bit of character to get those three points should only help the team that bit better about themselves.

I thought Hibs were the better of the two sides until we scored but thereafter we could have easily been about three nil up by half-time. Had we got the second before the break I got impression we could have went on and enjoyed a very comfortable win but the single goal meant we were always vulnerable.

Looked like it was going to be much the same at the beginning of the second half with a couple of quick fire efforts but from there-on-in we rarely offered anything of an attacking threat and it was all Hibs, albeit Nielsen wasn't getting his hands dirty too often.

Increasingly nervy stuff towards the end but we got there, makeshift rearguard and all.

Possibly one of our worst performances at retaining the ball at FP in years...............

Refereeing performance was even worse..........

McCall's tactics /team selection again under the microscope...

Yet he provided three points....possibly undeserved but who cares..

I have.no problem with him having a go/ venting his/thought's/opinions at full time...

Faddy rip....it isn't happening mate......shocking again.

A win is a win, and after the last two games it was most welcome. Despite a very disjointed overall showing we made more chances today than in the previous two!

Ball retention was poor after the break and we looked increasingly nervous as it wore on. However, the character shown and the clean sheet should increase confidence in the squad.

Ah, McFadden, where to start? Questions have to be asked as to why someone who was playing well last season after so long out is struggling so much this season. Did he simply look good surrounded by better players? Why has he never been fit this season? Did he let himself go over the summer? How much less fit can a single summer of inactivity make a footballer?

There are still flashes but not enough to justify his place in the team...

1383510345[/url]' post='398445']

Ah, McFadden, where to start? Questions have to be asked as to why someone who was playing well last season after so long out is struggling so much this season. Did he simply look good surrounded by better players? Why has he never been fit this season? Did he let himself go over the summer? How much less fit can a single summer of inactivity make a footballer?

We don't know how much training he actually does due to his knee problems.

Possibly one of our worst performances at retaining the ball at FP in years...............

Refereeing performance was even worse..........

McCall's tactics /team selection again under the microscope...

Yet he provided three points....possibly undeserved but who cares..

I have.no problem with him having a go/ venting his/thought's/opinions at full time...

Faddy rip....it isn't happening mate......shocking again.

Possibly undeserved 3 points... dont talk pish. It may not have been pretty at times but we pumped them, in 94 mins Nielsen had 1 save to make.

Better finishing and a bit more luck, ie Aniers shot going through williams legs and hitting his heel ffs and the scoreline would have reflected our dominance.

Yes Hibs came on to us in the 2nd half but they got nowhere they are murder and got what they deserved from the game ie feck all.

Ps i agree with you about Faddy, contributed nothing so far this season

1383511597[/url]' post='398449']

Presumably the same applied last season...

It's a bit different, he was training and not playing for four or five months before he signed for us and he was obviously trying to impress at Sunderland so he would have built up a decent fitness level doing that.

It was painful to watch him struggle to get around the park at times today, he needs to pick it up.

Faddy is really troubling me. Seems to be some cloak and dagger stuff going on there too. Not fit enough to play any part on Wednesday yet fit enough to start today is odd.

As for the game itself, we were the better team without being brilliant and created far more chances than Hibs. Anyone abusing McCall from the stands really needs to take a look at themselves. A guy in front of us shouted to Sutton that he was a lazy bastard after watching him put a tremendous shift in for 80-odd minutes and also exclaimed that Anier hadn't a clue for some bizarre reason. I really do despair at what folk think they are watching and what they are expecting at times.

Mccall arguing with fans at final whistle. Really he should know better.

Wow if that was him arguing id hate to see him mildly disagree, he would be sleeping. There are a few fannys in every crowd and sitting behind the manager he can hear them Good on you Stuart They were most likely the ones pishing their pants last season

A couple of things about McFadden for me.

1. In the first few games most teams doubled up on Faddy. That was a luxury they couldn't afford last season because if you double up on him you were leaving one of Humphrey, Law or Ojamaa free. We don't have the same creative outlets this season so that is probably making his job that wee bit harder than it was.

2. Craigan said during the Kilmarnock game that if you don't get a full preseason in your thirties it takes you a month or two to get into the season. I've never been a professional footballer so I can't argue with him. As the season has now been punctuated with an injury we're probably not yet at a place we could judge him.

Made some mistakes today, but you could see his eye for a pass and a run today. If we could get the match sharpness up to the same speed as his brain we could still have a good player on our hands. If Vigurs and Angol had been outstanding every week, would argue it wasn't worth persevering with him but seeing as one has been disappointing and the other inconsistent I'm happy for us to persevere.

Maybe worth giving him a run as a ringer in the U20s if they have a game this week and try and build the sharpness up.

Really poor game of football. Our passing and possession was atrocious but the team showed great character to grind out a result. No point disecting personal performances any further, its been done to death over recent weeks. The clean sheet was pleasing. Massive 3 points at the end of a really tough week.

I would ask why faddy didn't have a pre-season?

It's almost like he couldn't be fucked?

I'm presuming he had intended to seek employment as a professional footballer, be it with us, or somewhere else...

Good result, joint 2nd in the league, and I believe 5 league wins on the trot at fir park!

It's not all bad

Sure Faddy didn't set the heather on fire with his performance today but look at the results in the games he has played against the ones when he was missing.

teams worry about what he can do and tend to double up on him which leaves room for other players to use the space that leaves.

mon the Dossers