Motherwell V Dundee Utd 9/11/13

Yabba's Turd

Dundee Urd have a great record against us at Fir Park in recent times and for me are capable of running Aberdeen close for 2nd place.

Up against Robertson, Gomes, Gauld, GMS, Armstrong and Ciftci ( although he may be suspended) we could be in for a proper doing if they are on song.

Record of 1 point against the current top 6 not to improve any time soon.

It will be another tight game as united are on a good run, but our home record is good and i think that will continue.

In recent weeks the standard of our play has been pish at times, but we get the results ie Hearts, Ross county, 2nd half v Hibs. So i think we can get something from the game, i am going for a score draw but hopefully we can sneak all 3 points, either way we wont lose.

It's funny how often we get told how well teams are playing and what great players they have, particularly Aberdeen and Dundee United, yet we are always above them in the league table, and generally hold our own against them. Perhaps with the exception of cup games. :(

A draw wouldn't be a bad result given the makeshift side we'll need to field.

• Like 1

Thought we played some of our best football of the season against them at Tannadice. Apart from the crazy ten minutes after half time I thought we had the measure of them. They do have some exciting young players and the signing of Gomis could be good for them as he was an impressive player in his first spell with them. Would take a point but 3 points going into the International break would be massive again.

It's funny how often we get told how well teams are playing and what great players they have, particularly Aberdeen and Dundee United, yet we are always above them in the league table, and generally hold our own against them.

I've often thought that myself. All we've heard from the Scottish sports media this season is how good Aberdeen are, and how they're basically stick-ons for 2nd spot in the league.

We never get any more than a brief mention, usually something like "and Motherwell will be in there as well", which is fucking ridiculous considering where we've placed the past two or three years.

As I said, I'd take a point, but a win is certainly not out of the equation. We can go into any game against any team in this league not called Celtic confident of taking points.

Like most on here I would take a point but a win would always be welcome.

I think the team are getting a hard time from most at the moment and I personally feel it's not warranted. We will be missing some players and with our size of squad that is always going to hurt, so if we do get beat please lets not let this thread turn into page upon page of negative pish that we are doomed and the manger should be sacked and the players are not trying BLAH BLAH BLAH

Behind the team 100% Mon the Well notworthy.gif

Have every confidence in Cummins to step in for hutch and Kerr for Ramsden , thought that Kerr was one of the better performers on saturday and have always been a fan of Cummins however he has had very little game time this year. My main worry is Angol for Hammell if the latter isn't fit enough to play

That's the best I've seen Mcfadden play this season on Saturday and hopefully he can build on it against united , Ainsworth needs to get his decision making sorted there's no point playing a great cross into an area where there are no players he needs to get his head up and have a look, also he really needs to track back especially if we're hanging on for the last 10 minutes

Also please stop playing the ball to Suttons feet its not his style of play

1-1

Nielsen

Kerr

Cummins

McManus

Angol

Ainsworth

Lasley

Carswell

McFaddy

Sutton

Anier

This would be my selection too, although I wonder if Carsy will be fit following his knock on Saturday. A draw would be decent but we are capable of winning.

With our defence being dismantled, basically missing 4 of our 5 defensive starters (Hollis included) I would take a draw!

But would love for us to go out, all guns blazing, and grab a win! Defeat in that scenario would be justified by the effort.

But, realistically McCall will play the same set up and we can either struggle against a strong frontline or thrive against a weak back line.hopefully it's the latter!

Dundee Urd have a great record against us at Fir Park in recent times and for me are capable of running Aberdeen close for 2nd place.

Up against Robertson, Gomes, Gauld, GMS, Armstrong and Ciftci ( although he may be suspended) we could be in for a proper doing if they are on song.

Record of 1 point against the current top 6 not to improve any time soon.

Dundee United, I think, are still at the stage of having great potential without actually being there yet. They have a lot of talented youngster but they are, as is usually the case when you have talented youngster, still quite inconsistent. They tended to thrash teams or labour a bit. The win against Kilmarnock is the only one where they have really dug a win out.

They have only drawn against Hearts, Partick and Hibernian, none of whom are great sides. They even failed to score against a Hearts team to whom clean sheets are very much a rarity.

However if you look at the teams that have beaten them this season - Celtic, Inverness, Aberdeen - it shows they only lose against the better sides. Are we one of the better sides? I think the jury is still out on that so this is a good opportunity to make the claim that we are.

As for Dundee Utd's record at Fir Park - well we have to beat them some time!