Motherwell V Dundee Utd 9/11/13

Yabba's Turd

Unfortunately Vigurs and Lawson have been targeted by the boo boys and no matter what they do they'll be jeered.

Vigurs was far from worst player yesterday but the minute he gave a ball away you could hear the booing. Same when Lawson plays. On the other hand if faddy, lasley or Carswell do it you hear nothing.

Vigurs and Lawson are not poor players. We just don't know how to fit them in. Mccall can't seem to see past our current central midfield partnership so it poses the question why sign them? We seem to have signed them without any thought of how they fit in to our team.

I also can't work out the change in our tactics recently. Sutton and Anier were doing great early season with balls into feet and playing it on the deck. Now we seem to just get McManus or someone else to lump long high balls up to them. Everyone can see its not working apart from the management.

Kilmarnock will be a big test for us in 2 weeks. They are really struggling and with 2 key players missing and us having all ours back, it'll be interesting.

That's just about the bones of it. Great point.

Yes i agree one or two good balls but time and time again Untd just ran straight through our midfield and we backed off. Vigurs and Lasley are in there to try to stop that, hold the play up win back the ball and as you say give Sutton and Anier something to work with.

But with a couple of exceptions they both failed to do that and for large parts of the game they were spectators as untd ran through them.

And Carswell

Yet the level of criticism of the match is initially laid at one man's door

And Carswell

Yet the level of criticism of the match is initially laid at one man's door

Yes there were another 2 in midfield but The criticism of Vigurs is in respect of him getting the MOM nomination, which in the eyes of a large part of the home support he did not merit.

Who knows, if Lasley or Carswell or any other player had been nominated the boos and jeers might not have happened. But given the general level of play yesterday by all 11 players i doubt it.

Biggest concern for me is that in the last 6 games we have scored a grand total of 3 goals 2 of which were in the same game. 1 goal a wonder strike by a young lad & the other 2 scored by defenders from set pieces. Doesn't say a lot about our strike force. It's as old as the hills & cheesy as hell but if you go through a whole game without even troubling the opposition keeper then you're not gonna win that game.Can't score then can't win simple as that.

On the bright side Malpas is up for the ICT job hope he gets it :laugh:

Biggest concern for me is that in the last 6 games we have scored a grand total of 3 goals 2 of which were in the same game. 1 goal a wonder strike by a young lad & the other 2 scored by defenders from set pieces. Doesn't say a lot about our strike force. It's as old as the hills & cheesy as hell but if you go through a whole game without even troubling the opposition keeper then you're not gonna win that game.Can't score then can't win simple as that.

On the bright side Malpas is up for the ICT job hope he gets it :laugh:

To be honest, you are half correct. Our strikeforce are not getting shots away etc, BUT they are getting no service. There is no link between midfield and attack, badly missing a Law or Ojamma who could pick the ball up and drive forward. Right now we have a dead zone in the middle of the park & the only way around it has been to launch long balls up to sutton and hope annier can beat the offside trap. We have played like that since the first game of the season. Its dross to watch, and now isnt even working.

I really hope Moore has some skills& can bring a bit of flair and guile to the team.

• Like 2