Move The Well Boys

TheLip69

I agree to moving them closer to the game, making the crowd noisier. And increasing the atmosphere too.

But please, god. Keep them out the cooper! Nothing wrong with the "bois" but the cooper being the family stand needs to remain that. A family stand.

Plus, I don't think we could cope with the fuss caused by it,

Still too many of our support think we're a nuisance and would get in the way being up that end of the east. We can stand without inhibiting anyone's view and due to the rest of the stand being season ticket seats the only real option we'd have would be to switch to the polar opposite section of the east next to the cooper. Trust me, in an ideal world we'd like nothing better than to be smack bang in the middle of the east with fans either side joining in but I don't think its all that feasible.

In an ideal world you'd have the South Stand with it's acoustics easily better than anywhere else but it's not an ideal world so you make the best of what we have, which IMO is right where you are (cos it's close to my seat and it's miles better than listening to them moaning faced buggers when the game isn't going so well) :thumbup:

• Like 2

For my money they build an atmosphere and that's, surely, what we want at the football. The singing, the banners, that big feckin drum, should all be a focal point of the match. They should be front and centre encouraging others to get their hands out their pockets and give their tonsils an airing.

I dont think they can influence or affect the game or the crowd from that wee corner as much as they could with a more prominent position.

Just my opinion of course.

1383609762[/url]' post='398564']

It would be amazing to have them at the polar opposite of east. With the young uns in the cooper then able to interact from opposite stand.

AND it wouldn't interfere with peoples view

Disagree with the notion of moving. The interaction with opposing fans located in the lower South Stand is a big factor and one which would be lost if the move was made. We can draw on similar experience when the Highland teams have their support allocated sections of the Main Stand. There's also the peaks and troughs with the product on the pitch.

One of many hIghlights last season was the crowd reaction as you describe versus Ross County in the penultimate fixture where you could see kids from all corners of the South Stand move towards where the action was. Different circumstances mind, on account of the celebratory nature of the match. Possible recreation in one-off games maybe, a long term option I'd wager wouldn't work in the groups' favour.

i think they should be allowed back into the terracing under the main stand

pros and cons of staying and moving, however whilst we remain at fir park, i think its a stay where you are

and if we eventually move, then they get the centre piece and hope it spreads

there is no way, those in section F will move voluntarily - they'll have been there since the seats went in - 91/92 i think

i think they should be allowed back into the terracing under the main stand

pros and cons of staying and moving, however whilst we remain at fir park, i think its a stay where you are

and if we eventually move, then they get the centre piece and hope it spreads

there is no way, those in section F will move voluntarily - they'll have been there since the seats went in - 91/92 i think

They wouldn't move and they'd moan about the noise.

Like already stated If it ain't broke.........

Best place would be opposite end of the east best acoustics in the ground wall at the back is closer main stand across from ye cooper closer than the south.

'Well fans either side of ye reckon the cooper would quite gladly join in, perhaps even a section closest to the each for youngsters to gather join in and repeat the scenes of last season final game?

• Like 2

I remember visiting Glasgow and seeing a pipe band in Buchanan Street, the sign beside their open case to catch the busking money exclaimed "Argyll Street Pipe Band - On Tour", raised a smile and ensured cash was deposited.

If the lads were to approach the club, get their help and then at the Dundee United game speak to anyone in the first section of the East Stand, advise them of their plans and see if any fans currently sitting there could accommodate it, then move for the Celtic game and essentially be right in the middle of the Motherwell support to kick-start a more boisterous reception than that mob have been used to.

I bet in that corner too they could use the first rows of the stand that is cordoned off where they currently are.

Just a suggestion of course.

Ach, just get the seats out of the East STAND altogether. Time to reclaim terracing. And we can knock the 'safe standing' patter on the head too. Most of us have been standing safely since we were toddlers and kind of have the hang of it by now. Hell, I even know some folk that can walk- without ANY input from health and safety!

• Like 7