Alloa Athletic v Stirling Albion

Ross County v Hibernian

Dundee v Raith Rovers

St Johnstone v Livingston

Partick Thistle v Aberdeen

Hearts v Celtic

Ayr United v Dunfermline

Inverness CT v Greenock Morton

Good to see 4 SPL teams going out with a possible St Mirren being beat I dont think we could have asked for a better draw

Myself, Peter Elder and ScottW1886 were at the Rovers game against Devronvale at the weekend.

The Rovers board don't get on well with Jim Ballantyne at Airdrie so can see it being held at Almondvale after Livingston made it easy for the Rovers to play Sevco their early this season.

I don't think they will change the venue.

They changed it for Rangers as it is a league game and doesn't really matter. However, this is a cup game (a one off game) they might think they can beat us with less of a crowd.

Also, max attendance 5,000? will that be enough to merit a move rather than a sell out at livi for Rangers?

They changed it for Rangers as it is a league game and doesn't really matter. However, this is a cup game (a one off game) they might think they can beat us with less of a crowd.

Also, max attendance 5,000? will that be enough to merit a move rather than a sell out at livi for Rangers?

I think its a definitethat they would play it away from Cliftonhill given it can only handle 1200 given their covered terracing doesn't have a safety certificate.

Myself, Peter Elder and ScottW1886 were at the Rovers game against Devronvale at the weekend.

The Rovers board don't get on well with Jim Ballantyne at Airdrie so can see it being held at Almondvale after Livingston made it easy for the Rovers to play Sevco their early this season.

Same bet as Saturday?!

Hopefully the Bois park themselves next to their rivals, seemed to work for the Valley Crew...

The changed it for Rangers in a one off cup tie.

They play in different leagues. :nod:

The attendance against Rangers was only 5345, nowhere near a full house.

Great draw though! Decent chance of getting a lower league team in the next round.

What he said! Only 1300 capacity at Cliftonhill and we'd need more tickets than that ourselves.

As has been said a decent draw for us, both in terms of the tie and how the other fixtures have come out of the hat too with a very pleasant smattering of all top flight ties.

We'll see what materialises but if Cliftonhill is deemed insufficient to house 1100 plus visiting Rangers fans, then I would fully expect it to be deemed insufficient to house 1100 plus Motherwell fans also.

The precedent of earlier in the season kind of points towards Almondvale to host it. Rovers ofcourse moved a game there this season already, Livingston are away from home in the Cup and have ongoing financial worries so will surely be open to the unexpected fee for use of their facilities. Plus we've already taken more than a thousand midweek for a Cup game this season already so there will be no worries about moving it and then the crowd being just over Cliftonhill's capacity.

A shame in a sense if it does get moved. A Scottish Cup tie at Cliftonhill would be something special and something really worth experiencing for the many 'Well fans who won't have seen us play there.

i've been to see us play there in a pre season friendly, just so i could tick it off the list!

its a shit hole - and believe me, i prefer going to "old" stadia then newer ones

what is their average gate? how many fans do they have? do they think they could beat us? its going to be a tough call -

is it actually worth moving? its not as if we will take 3/4000 fans - do they think they could sneak a draw and get it back to fir park? there's more money in it that way for them

they might tell us - there is 800 tickets, thats yer lot

is there really a derby interest there? I dont think so

Had a quick look at their forum for immediate reaction....there aren't many posts to be fair.

One says

Top draw: play them at Cliftonhill, and we can beat them!

another

Don't like the sounds of that, airdrie fans may go down looking for a fight with Motherwell fans

Anywhere other than their place is rotten in my opinion. It's the romance of the cup if you like, that this round involves terrible lower league stadia and ticket scrambles.

Only in Scotland could you see a derby moved outside its area. Then they wonder why the game here gets ridiculed!

Ticket scramble for Cliftonhill for me.

• Like 1

Rovers are a poorly supported club, according to Google their average attendance for the 2012-13 season was only 387, with a high of 853 and a low of 206 !!! so i dont think tickets will be an issue. Even though they are another lanarkshire club, i dont think there is a derby edge to the game, as we have met on very few occasions over the years.

There is no point in them moving the tie, there is no demand from their own fans and i reckon we will take probably 1k (maybe 1.5 k as its a local game) max so Cliftonhill will be big enough.

I'm not so sure it will get moved. We took around 1000 - 1100 to Livingston for the league cup and would probably take a few more on a Saturday, say 1500. Rovers would have 200 - 300 giving a crowd of probably just under 2000.

Play it at Coatbridge and Rovers would attract more home supporters with us taking whatever is left giving the 1200 - 1300 capacity. Is it really worth moving when the additional revenue would probably just go to Livingston?

Not quite the cup day out I was hoping for but I might manage to work something out!