Albion Rovers V Motherwell 30/11/13

Toxteth O'Grady

When ever a ticket shortage situation happens, there is someone (can't remember which poster) that pops along and types:

"Who ever wants a ticket will get one"

I've yet to see him/her be proved wrong!

I'm pretty sure we sold our allocation for cup games at Stranraer and Dundee United but generally folk will get a ticket. However, if it's at Cliftonhill not everyone will.

Work with a Rovers supporting lad (that's two of them now !), and he tells me the capacity for Cliftonhill is down to 1200.

Also the following from his email after I suggested it may unfortunately move to Airdrie

It won't be Airdrie after their attempted extortion over theRangers game in July. Hamilton would be first choice and Livi thereafter, but it really has to be at home; here's hoping Police Scotland agree

MON RA DOSSERS

When ever a ticket shortage situation happens, there is someone (can't remember which poster) that pops along and types:

"Who ever wants a ticket will get one"

I've yet to see him/her be proved wrong!

The last game I wanted to go to and couldnt get a ticket for was the one below, and even then, that may have been what I was told to explain why I couldn't go (I was only 9).

• Like 1

The last game I wanted to go to and couldnt get a ticket for was the one below, and even then, that may have been what I was told to explain why I couldn't go (I was only 9).

I'm terrible at recalling games, and wondered about this one, until Walters stepped up to take that penalty and it all came flooding back,

nearly wiped out the Knowetop pie stall, so he did, how we laughed....

Legends and we never really knew or appreciated just how good they were....

massive games coming up, one after the other for weeks on end, rest players? nae chance said Tommy, they can play for their places

I'm terrible at recalling games, and wondered about this one, until Walters stepped up to take that penalty and it all came flooding back,

nearly wiped out the pie stall, so he did, how we laughed....

Legends and we never really knew or appreciated just how good they were....

massive games coming up, one after the other for weeks on end, rest players? nae chance said Tommy, they can play for their places

Happy days,when we had no fear playing either of the ugly sisters...winning 3-0 we handed Aberdeen a great chance to win the league that day,all they needed at Ibrox on the final day was a draw and they fucked it up...

My Uncles dad died the week before that game and apparently had his ashes scattered over that box & penalty spot a day or 2 before the match. Always remember bein told that as a kid. Great memories of a great team and as said earlier,none of this squad rotation pish

ROVERS IN SWITCH BID

Albion Rovers could make a dramatic venue change for their Scottish Cup 4th round derby clash with Motherwell.

Rovers switched their Ramsdens cup tie with Rangers toLivingston earlier this season but are looking to keep this tie against their neighbours in Lanarkshire at Hamilton's New Douglas Park.

Cliftonhill Director Frank Meade said

"We hope to have this confirmed this week. Our ground only has a low capacity of 1,200 and with Motherwell already looking for 3,000 tickets we feel New D P with a 6,000 limit is the right option."

"We intend to give both sets of supporters a decent bargain before Christmas by cutting prices to make sure of a sell out tie"

I can understand why this is being considered. However, it immediately makes the game less attractive for me. Ive never been to Cliftonhill and was looking forward to adding it to my list of league grounds visited. Much more "romance of the cup" attached to visiting the less familiar grounds.

Still a larger crowd means much needed increased revenue for both clubs.