Albion Rovers V Motherwell 30/11/13

Toxteth O'Grady

That was an embarrassment. Their keeper only had one difficult save all afternoon. Everything was far too slow. Too many players seemed happy to pass the ball back and forward on the halfway line or in their own half. I lost count of the amount of times they had one forward on the halfway line and between him and their midfield we had four players back. Also, I could probably count on one hand the number of times Anier touched the ball in the second half.

I know people will blame Stuart McCall and his team selection but the eleven he had out there should have been good enough to win that game.

• Like 1

That was an embarrassment. Their keeper only had one difficult save all afternoon. Everything was far too slow. Too many players seemed happy to pass the ball back and forward on the halfway line or in their own half. I lost count of the amount of times they had one forward on the halfway line and between him and their midfield we had four players back. Also, I could probably count on one hand the number of times Anier touched the ball in the second half.

I know people will blame Stuart McCall and his team selection but the eleven he had out there should have been good enough to win that game.

That sounds like most of our games this year..... Total overplaying the ball! But this was against part timers!!

Fair play to Rovers. Potentially biggest day in their history.......

Could have been worse, could have lost to Airdrie....

• Like 1

The buck stops with the manager. It's his job to prepare, motivate and set the team up to get results and to nevermind fail to beat a part time third division club but to lose to them is unacceptable.

That, on top of some of the shocking results in big games/cup games during his watch and his abject failure to rebuild the squad over the summer means that his time is up.

Goes without saying it was an abysmal performance.

I don't think I've ever seen a lazier and less motivated team, not even in an end of season match and this was supposed to be a priority for the rest of the season.

What was it that McCall said when we went out with a whimper against Aberdeen? It wouldn't happen again? We'd give everything in the Scottish Cup? We gave nothing today, does anyone of those players even have a bead of sweat on them tonight?

I heard fans singling out players as if it was this players fault or that players fault, it was a collective abomination. Every single player out there was to blame and if as if that wasn't enough the management team did just about everything they could do to handicap our chances by putting out a pathetical first XI that could still be playing without even creating a chance.

The worst ever result in 30 years plus of following this team and even though I can hardly believe what I just witnessed I shouldn't really be surprised because for the last 2 months our performances and not just been poor but absolutely pathetic, bottom of the barrel stuff.

Major questions need to be asked about where we go with 6 months of meaningless season stretching ahead of us.

• Like 1

utter feckin shite , we passed the ball to death beetween our back 3 mick mcmanus better go home and have a sleep cause he kicked the ball the most all day and his legs will be sore :whistling: i dont know if its time for a change of manager , BUT ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE .hearts will go down and we have got nothing to play for so lets go with youths the rest of the season ,

• Like 2

Should be scoring 5 or 6 here.

It won't be easy? We're playing a bunch of part timers(?), yes it's a derby but as soon as it settles down we should have far too much for them and anything less than an easy win would be worrying.

5-0!

5 nil to us. Easy

5 or 6-0 to the Well, we will just be too much for the Rovers.drinks.gif

facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Players don't look like they enjoy playing football. Something's not right.

I was going to say that this is the worst result since Llanelli but it's much, much worse than that. Friday night will be a fucking embarrassment.

Hats off to Albion, thats exactly how you go about beating a big team.

Totally abysmal. Lack of desire and enthusiasm and the simple fact that we've many crap players at our club now. McCall's signings during the summer have been disaterous and plunged our club to depths that i honestly thought we wouldn't have to endure. This is a part time team 2nd bottom of their league and this is one of Motherwell's WORST EVER results. We're MILES behind the likes of Caley Aberdeen and Dundee Utd now and a really poor season beckons. :wallbash:

No. It won't have, as it's not as bad as the bad old days, we're just spoiled, and finding this unacceptable will be equated to us behaving like old firm fans somehow.

Regardless, it's a dismal result, and while unexpected, it can't be wholly surprising considering how garbage we've looked at times this season. (And yes, league table reads well, so on)

• Like 1

Just out of interest when did you last see us beaten and outplayed by builder and van drivers?

There was a few disastrous league cup games in the mid to late 90s against Alloa (0-0, lost on pens?) and Ayr (2-0), however this performance even tops them. We were woeful today and deserved nothing from the game, a massive well done to Albion Rovers.

There was a few disastrous league cup games in the mid to late 90s against Alloa (0-0, lost on pens?) and Ayr (2-0), however this performance even tops them. We were woeful today and deserved nothing from the game, a massive well done to Albion Rovers.

Ayr were a decent team and had few players that went on to play at the very top level. Alloa we lost to on penalties after dominating the match and I don't think they played in the bottom division when we lost that match (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

Albion Rovers are close to the very bottom of league football in this country and they deserved to win the match. Their goalkeeper had one save to make in the last few minutes and that was it.

I've been coming to games since 1982 and not missed many since 1986 and tonight is the worst performance and result I can remember.

The only one that comes close was the Llanelli match and we had only just appointed a manager and were building a team so there were some extenuating circumstances.

No excuses tonight though, it's just the very lowest result I've ever witnessed with my own eyes.

The worst performance and result I have witnessed in over 20 years, don't compleatly blame McCall but have to question his starting team and choice of players on bench.

Unless players were injured surely this was the game for Moore and Ainsworth to play. Zaine yet again failed to prove he has what it takes to be a winger.