Albion Rovers V Motherwell 30/11/13

Toxteth O'Grady

I've been coming to games since 1982 and not missed many since 1986 and tonight is the worst performance and result I can remember.

I've been coming to games regularly since 1967 and not missed many home games since then. Today is up there with one of the worst results that I can remember.

The financial ramifications of this could be disastrous and are now my main concern.

Folk have been saying the summer signings have been awful for months and yet have been shouted down.

Do you think the penny will have dropped for these folk now?

A fine for the smoke bomb on the park wouldn't help things any.

Don't even know what to say. Team looks flat, bored, unfit, lethargic and uninterested as they have for 90% of the season.

Seasons over. Fuck knows how were sitting 3rd, no chance we'll get away with it for much longer. Mid bottom six finish if this shite carries on.

We should move some players on in January and bleed the youths. That will not happen though - McCall won't do that despite it being club policy. He doesn't seem to want to, the only youngsters he has brought through is carswell and zfa...and that's only this season after 3 years at the helm.

Nor will the 30-40 broken seats in the Well Boys' area.

'Well fans not criminals'. Aye. Right.

Try 10, Seville calculator.

I'd hazard a guess that there will be many more broken across the stand in temper to a result that is one of the lowest points in Motherwell FC's history. Not condoning those that did break a flimsy plastic chair, but it's far from our worries at this point.

I've never seen such an abject, lethargic Motherwell team and what is much more painful to take is that this is a derby. Fair enough it's not Accies or Airdrie but for these players failing to be motivated in front of a 3,000+ away crowd that was considerably noisy, is very concerning indeed. Furthermore this is the only competition left to play for and a match I'd expect a professional performance from.

Those calling for a weeks wages refunded to the club may seem extreme but are far from unrealistic. These players will walk away with well over 30k combined, much less than this tie could cost the club in the long run.

Horrible performance. Can't even take a positive we created a lot of chances and their keeper was amazing stance because it simply wasn't true. The better team won on the day. Onwards to friday night and hopefully we get a better reaction and performance from the team. Although it does give me the fear.

I would have thought this would be McCalls last season at the helm anyway no matter what and I still think that will be the case. Now that we've nothing really to play for would it not be the best for all concerned if he went sooner rather than later.

Dont see it happening though, has he not just signed a 2 (or 3?) year deal at the end of last season?

I think if fit then Hammell and Ramsden will be back similarly Hollis, McFadden is a gamble against lower league players he will either shine and hopefully kick on from that or have a poor game/pick up an injury.

I think we should start with a full first team and try to kill the tie off by HT then ring the changes.

It is a potential banana skin of a tie and we've all seen what happens when we rest key players for games.

Under McCall(Ibrox shambles aside) we've played 6 lower league teams in the cup. We've won 6, scored 22 in the process and only conceded 1.

This is a part time team who sit 3rd bottom of third division or whatever it's called these days. We won't need a full strength side. It would be madness to do so in my opinion given we play the best team in the country just six days later and will need to be at our very best to avoid a pumping.

Motherwell

12 Hollis

15 Hutchinson

20 Page

23 Halsman

04 Law (Humphrey - 57' )

06 Hateley

14 Lasley (Carswell - 57' )

09 Higdon (Smith - 57' )

16 McHugh

18 Forbes

25 Lawless

That Mothewell team went and pumped Third division Clyde away from home 0-4 without getting out of 2nd gear. Only 5 of our regular first team started, the rest were fringe players and youngsters. We'd released 4 of the players that started that night within the next year for being deemed not good enough.

I know some Motherwell fans worry about these things but there's a massive difference between top flight football and the third division. McCall doesn't take these games lightly but usually strikes the right balance in terms of selection and I imagine he will do so again.

Nielsen

Kerr

Hutchinson©

Cummins

ZFA

Ainsworth

Carswell

Lawson

Vigurs

Moore

Anier

Rest McManus, Hammell, Sutton, Lasley. Also I wouldn't risk Faddy on a plastic pitch.

IMHO that team would win comfortably.

So still think it was madness?

Try 10, Seville calculator.

I'd hazard a guess that there will be many more broken across the stand in temper to a result that is one of the lowest points in Motherwell FC's history. Not condoning those that did break a flimsy plastic chair, but it's far from our worries at this point.

I've never seen such an abject, lethargic Motherwell team and what is much more painful to take is that this is a derby. Fair enough it's not Accies or Airdrie but for these players failing to be motivated in front of a 3,000+ away crowd that was considerably noisy, is very concerning indeed. Furthermore this is the only competition left to play for and a match I'd expect a professional performance from.

Those calling for a weeks wages refunded to the club may seem extreme but are far from unrealistic. These players will walk away with well over 30k combined, much less than this tie could cost the club in the long run.

Brilliant.

Flimsy seats...

We weren't outplayed, we were too pedestrian in build up and a sense of "We'll do the business soon" Albion had two chances and took one, they also played a blinder closing out the danger areas

Depends what you mean by 'outplayed'.

The fact that we passed the ball side ways or backwards for large periods might mean we had more possession but I'd still say we were outplayed because they created more chances, took one of them, had a much better attitude and deserved to win the match.

• Like 1

I wasn't there today thanks to a hospital appointment and i'd just like to thank the wishaw general for keeping me away from one of the lowest points in Motherwell FC history. Can't comment on individual performances cause of that but without being there and reading posts from lads who were there the only word that comes to mind is disgraceful !

Depends what you mean by 'outplayed'.

The fact that we passed the ball side ways or backwards for large periods might mean we had more possession but I'd still say we were outplayed because they created more chances, took one of them, had a much better attitude and deserved to win the match.

Well, having watched fitba for nearly 40 years, wee teams who sit in usually get a chance and they took one of the few we limited them to, we tried to control the game but couldn't make room for opportunities and when we did the breaks weren't there, we were pedestrian in our attitude to this match, but we were far from outplayed. They had four players shutting down whichever flank we tried to attack down and the only out ball was back or sideways.

So still think it was madness?

Absolutely.

That team should have won comfortably today. The fact they didn't was an absolute disgrace. Three Scottish internationals in the starting line up, in fact 6 of the players that started were full internationals. On top of that they were full time players who were outfought and outthought by a team third bottom of the Third division.

Today was a shambles and McCall must take a large chunk of the blame as well.

I don't agree with our fans booing our own team but for once were quite right today in my opinion, they really weren't fit to wear the shirt.