Albion Rovers V Motherwell 30/11/13

Toxteth O'Grady

If I was to go to work today and perform like the team today.

I would have been sacked.

Disgusting.

Exactly the point.

For us to lose to a part time lower league club like that is sheer incompetence and there is absolutely no excuse for it. A favourite retort of the 'Happy Clappies' is "We're Motherwell, we ain't Barcelona" well, true as the statement itself may, we also "ain't Albion Rovers" either so nothing can justify that utterly shambolic and disgraceful result and performance today.

Heads should fucking roll for this.

1385856621[/url]' post='400020']

We only had 5 subs today because J.J. was saving "key players" for the u20 match!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfuckinbelievable!

If that's true then it's an embarrassing fuck up even by our standards. And all after McCall vowed in the wake of the Aberdeen fiasco that we would give our all in the Scottish Cup!

Is this for real? Craig Moore was sitting along from me alongside Ainsworth and Ramsden, assumed he was injured.

Why would we put Leitch on the bench but not Moore?

We saved players for J.J.'s match - FACT.

That's why only 5 players were sub's.

I was raging when I was told this prior to the match, but I couldn't comment on Moore as he may have an injury?????

I feel like a broken record, but, SM has ballsed it up again.

We saved players for J.J.'s match - FACT.

That's why only 5 players were sub's.

I was raging when I was told this prior to the match, but I couldn't comment on Moore as he may have an injury?????

I feel like a broken record, but, SM has ballsed it up again.

Calf injury apparently and didn't want to risk him on the artificial pitch

Well 4 Europe in the content of his post and sheer size of it shows how much today's "performance" mattered (note I use inverted comma's). I pretty much echo it, the only upsides is a mate who thought he was a live jinx now realises he's not, the sporting conduct of a majority by clapping them and I didn't pay to get in.

I am drawn to a post by OnTheFringes after the Celtic game where our lack of ambition, drive and desire was rightly lambasted. For me the rot snowballed there and evidently complacency after last weeks result returned to the team.

Some things I can't understand, that little warm up game they play, limited space, one/two touches, zippy, is that for show? Because I can remember 2 occasions where I witnessed smart, snappy interplay. I can remember a few others where players either didn't challenge, the thought of a friction burn or "well they're 40 odd places below us" crept in an influenced their behaviour. ZFA sticks in my mind but that's maybe unfair just on him as it happened repeatedly in front of where I was sitting in the 1st half.

A a shit load of metronomic sideways passing creeping 2 yards forward every time. The passing by our team should have been their undoing but it lacked any ambition and was both safe and lazy. I would say if stats of action areas were available there wouldn't be much difference between us and them in the last 20 yards.

Don't get me wrong, Albion Rovers either watched a rerun of Aberdeen and placed two banks of players behind the ball ...... However to be fair, at least that night we managed to put a few more 40 yard diagonal punts towards the D to be easily cleared by their centre halves. Either that or they took the approach that against a team with a perceived advantage, you set your stall up to soak up what they can do and counter. Is it right to have the same perceived formation and tactics when McHugh is the primary striker as when Sutton is? Does playing Rovers merit Lawson to be sat in that holding position in front of the defence?

Either way, what is self evident, we have no answer to those tactics and the lack of a plan B or C for a team of professionals with the facilities and resources we have available is disgraceful.

I had no issue with resting Sutton and starting some of the fringe players, this is a team we should have dealt with (and I mean no disrespect to them and what the achieved), despite lack of experience our U20's should have got a result against them as full timers mainly due to their fitness levels and fact they've been scouted to be selected for professional contracts.

No doubt Monday involves Leeann getting that spreadsheet out that's contained behind a glass with "in case of emergency" written on it. This season so far is certainly turning into an "annus horibilus" in terms of performance and fan apathy, however it can be rescued. It pails compared to administration and we have enjoyed a few really good years to put things in context, plus most Well fans have lifted the bar as to our expectations since McGhee.

Cup exits at this stage are catastrophic for us financially. I think its clear that the squad will have to be depleted and then we're back in Catch 22 that we've avoided for the past few years, need the players to ensure the placings, can't get the placings to earn the money to pay for those players.

What does the rest of this season hold? Well to hold on to our flattering league position and get European football would be a bit of a travesty looking at things on December 1st 2013 even after my red mist has descended. However a trip to some ar$ehole former Russian republic that could cost way more than we could ever hope to make back, maybe its a blessing.

I'd have everyone in the football department on double training to break out of this plodding, thoughtless, malaise and foster some type of spirit. I'd start a pre-season-esque bootcamp now and get them improving stamina, fitness, speed doing the football basics (like not being static when there's a shy). If anyone moans, remind the fucker of today's result and send him on another ten laps. While I'm not a fan of McGhee (mainly due to his subsequent ambition to move and how he managed that) he did deliver a team of fit, hungry, spirited players on matchday 1.

To continue as we have been is unsustainable and not looking to the future. If you are drawn to remind me of our league position, if to suggest its anything other than flattering, then have a wee chat with yourself.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lack of desire or effort, it was a lack of ability and quality, the passing, the crossing, the attempts on goal" "they defended really well and scored at the end with a sucker punch" HAVE A LOOK AT YOUR OWN INTERVIEW STUART !!! THIS IS NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH !!! THESE ARE LADS WHO PLAY FOOTBALL PART FUCKING TIME !!! IF WE CAN'T PUT OUT A RESERVE TEAM WHO CAN BEAT ALBION WHY THE FUCK SHOULD ANYBODY BOTHER SHOWING UP ON FRIDAY TO PLAY THE MILLIONAIRE CHAMPIONS ??!!! There is something seriously wrong down at fir park right now and i think we as life long Well fans deserve an answer ??!!!

We had five players as subs because in the Scottish Cup there are only five permitted.

Do Albion Rovers get punted out then for having 7?

Another thing that irks me is that McCall never went to watch Albion Rovers. He has to lead by example when it comes to respecting the opposition. Such a lazy approach this season.

Cup upsets happen every season and if we had peppered their goal and their goalie had made save after save and they broke up the park and scored then disappointing as it may be you accept it.

However, to barely create a chance in 90 minutes against a League 2 team is disgraceful. Been watching Motherwell for 23 years and I have to say I think yesterday is the worst I have ever seen.

Good luck to Albion Rovers. I wasted enough time watching yesterday, I'm not wasting any more time posting about it.

Had a night to sleep on it ......... Woke up to 6 msgs giving me pelters even from Airdrie supporting mates!! This is going to be a runner I think!!

Thought I would still find it funny today but I'm actually angrier than I thought I would be.... Listening to the guys at the games thoughts have just pissed me off. Our unprofessionalism for this tie and lack of interest is actually disgusting and the financial implications could be severe.

One of my main concerns this year has been the lack of fitness in our team compared to others and if anything it should have been the full time SPL team pushing late for a goal not the 3rd div team(SPFL & 2nd I know) but from what I am hearing the AR lads looked as got as we did which is worrying.

My old boy returns from Thailand today oblivious to the score and I am actually dreading the phone call to let him know. He's already in a stinking mood about the team this year, could tip him over the edge....

Yeah, lets have a party.

You fucking idiot.

Right now I'm thinking about the events of last night, I'm not really giving a flying fuck about today, but if you want to point score...

This is a thread for people who do care about the football. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter but it's what this thread is about.

Not really sure why you felt the need to come in here.

• Like 4