Albion Rovers V Motherwell 30/11/13

Toxteth O'Grady

I really can't believe what I'm reading in the past few pages.

The amount of people who think that "bench-gate" is the main talking point and reason for yesterday and anyone who would have filled those two vacant slots would have made any significant difference to the stagnancy we witnessed on that pitch.

With hindsight the decision can be questioned however that starting 11 should have been capable of putting the tie to bed.

No, but bench-gate as you put it, highlights the unprofessional manner in how we prepared for this match.

I'd wager no other team in the competition decided to limit their resources and thought don't bother with all the subs today, the starting 11 are good enough to handle this wee team.

I've posted previously about team balance, tactics and cock ups in big matches. But, here we are again after ALBION ROVERS knock us out The Scottish Cup.

Serious questions need to be asked.

We are OUT of all competitions, lost vital revenues and have players who don't fit the tactics and a management team who appear to have no idea how to address all of these issues.

No you are right, Goggles & Flippers, bench-gate isn't the main talking point, but lets debate it as one of many serious issues that need addressed.

The buck stops with management!!!

Couldn't get to the 20's 'big cup tie' today due to work but got a rundown on the Erwin situation re yesterday. Appears his registration with Arbroath didn't expire till yesterday so he was ineligible. Moore did not have a knock and Murray was fit as well (as per SM on his pre match interview).

Whilst the sub issue yesterday is in all fairness a bit of a side issue vis a vis the result, it does show a complete lack of professionalism and or arrogance.

Seems Erwin may have 'done' his cruciate from what I'm told.

got a rundown on the Erwin situation re yesterday. Appears his registration with Arbroath didn't expire till yesterday so he was ineligible.

that holds the club administrators up in a shining light if true, not as if Scottish cup weekend was a surprise date in the calendar

Moore did not have a knock and Murray was fit as well (as per SM on his pre match interview).

Whilst the sub issue yesterday is in all fairness a bit of a side issue vis a vis the result, it does show a complete lack of professionalism and or arrogance.

Even if no intention to use them, they should have been listed and pitch side in case they were needed, its an aside as you say but a real reflection of of how unprofessional or indeed arrogant we were

Seems Erwin may have 'done' his cruciate from what I'm told.

terrible blow for him if it goes that way, and just another blow when the club is at a real low ebb

The decision to rest Moore for an U20s cup tie, given he was our best player against Kilmarnock is completely f*cking baffling. Not only that, he was banging in goals in the 1st division last season so the likelihood is he'd have pissed all over a 3rd division team. In fact, it's the worst decision from a football manager I can remember since the "nae strikers" calamity!

Over 24 hours now with no Diggle. I predict that all of the above are wife beating bedwetters, we need to appreciate what we have, and he's avoided the forum because it's all wife beating nonsense and and we're third in the league.

Sorry pal.

Bring on the Celtic!

If it's all getting too much for you. . . . .

Why did we only have five players on the bench?

After the no show at Perth, only using two subs against Aberdeen, not bothering to put a sub on against united and losing a goal with ten men and now this McCall has been having a nightmare recently with the basics of being a football manager.

When asked to explain the defeat, he said: “It wasn’t down to a lack of fight and lack of desire, which is probably the worst thing that can ever be labelled at a team.

“It was just down to lack of quality. Give Albion Rovers full credit for the way they defended but our possession was woeful at times.

If this statement is true were in big trouble (we dont have the quality to breakdown the 2nd worst team in Scotland is he serious)

• Like 3

Not to say, incidentally, that I agree with Dewell, more to suggest that at least he made a point which may be considered as constructive, as opposed to to just yet another fan to fan broadside

Over 24 hours now with no Diggle. I predict that all of the above are wife beating bedwetters, we need to appreciate what we have, and he's avoided the forum because it's all wife beating nonsense and and we're third in the league.

:lol:

Will these deals not run for a full calendar month?

the first instance the temporary transfer has to run until the first day of the following registration period, rule 80 then allows:

In the case of a Player who is to be temporarily transferred from a Club in Division

One, to a Club in another Division, the Clubs concerned may, in the written

agreement constituting the terms on which the Player shall be temporarily

transferred entered into prior to the commencement of the term of the temporary

transfer, provide that the temporary transfer of the Player shall cease on a

specified date that does not fall within a Registration Period and, in that event, on

the expiry of the term of the temporary transfer the Secretary shall,

notwithstanding Regulation 7 but subject to Regulation 11, Register the Player.

Division one, when mentioned in the SPFL rules is the top division or premiership :bad:

Exactly the point.

For us to lose to a part time lower league club like that is sheer incompetence and there is absolutely no excuse for it. A favourite retort of the 'Happy Clappies' is "We're Motherwell, we ain't Barcelona" well, true as the statement itself may, we also "ain't Albion Rovers" either so nothing can justify that utterly shambolic and disgraceful result and performance today.

Heads should fucking roll for this.

Having a sense of perspective doesn't make you a Happy Clappy - although it does tend to make you happier.

We're having a relatively poor season; some of it undetstandable, some of it not. But you know what? When you look at helicopters crashing in Glasgow and trains crashing in New York, maybe trying to sign a couple of new players in January isn't worth losing too much sleep over.

No doubt things will be shaken up, but be careful what you wish for or we could end up doing a Hibs for a few seasons.

• Like 1

1385945303[/url]' post='400226']

Having a sense of perspective doesn't make you a Happy Clappy - although it does tend to make you happier..

It was more a dig at those who trot out this pathetic and nonsensical 'we ain't Barcelona' pish in response to any form of criticism of the team or the club whatsoever. It's a ridiculous comment because it's basically saying that we should just accept utter pish without question simply because we're not Barcelona or whoever. No doubt someone will try and claim that it doesn't mean that but.... it does. In the context of yesterday's game we didn't need to be Barcelona, we were playing a part time lower league club who are struggling at the bottom of their division, we just needed to be a bit professional and up for it and we'd have won. We were neither.

Pretty much agree with everything already posted with the exception of the couple of posts saying play the youngsters as we are safe because of Hearts points deduction. Remember this year there is a play off which we would lose on current form. I don't believe we will have to worry about being involved in that but worth keeping in mind that you want to avoid bottom 2 not just bottom.

1385926505[/url]' post='400190']

Said I wouldn't go back this season after the Aberdeen LC debacle, wish I had kept to my word.

Worst performance I've ever seen from Motherwell and I don't say that lightly. Makes me sick some of those cunts are taking home a handsome wage to pull on a 'Well shirt.

Lawson is horrific, what a waste of a wage, he has nothing.

Angol has a bit of pace but no touch whatsoever and the heart of a mouse, disgraceful. I can take lack of ability, but not lack of commitment or desire.

Faddy needs to have a word with himself, don't get me wrong it's sad to see a player as talented as him totally fucked, but there's no hunger there, spends the game moping about after his attempt to beat a crowd of four players has inevitably failed. No room for sentimentality in football, sort yourself out or do the decent thing and stopping taking a wage.

What happened to keeping the ball on the deck? There was just nothing yesterday, Leith was the only player on the park who was capable of passing and then moving...

Going to duck for cover here, but ,Whilst ,I admit Lawson was poor , he does come looking for the ball.He seems really low on confidence , but still think there may be a player there.The rest of the starting midfield on Saturday just don't have a trick or any goal threat. We need players in the midfield who can make a difference.i genuinely hope they makes me eat my words .The fleeting glimpse of Jack Leitch on Saturday looked promising, but I could be clutching at strawsOur midfield should be chipping in with goals , even 5 or so goals each over the season would make a big difference.I don't recall any of them scoring so farAnyway, enjoy your Mondays.........

• Like 2

Going to duck for cover here, but ,Whilst ,I admit Lawson was poor , he does come looking for the ball.He seems really low on confidence , but still think there may be a player there.

Ross County fans certainly think there is, have heard more than one recently still gutted that he's gone especially as (according to them) we're not playing him to his strengths.

Lawson is decent if played in a system that suits. He always looks for the ball and trys to play decent passes. For me carswell is the weak link. He is very rarely on the ball. If he gets it he gets rid straight away. He offers nothing in an attacking sense. An ok player to bring on when maybe trying to hold a lead.

I've lost count of times i've seen fans of the ugly sisters, the sheep and hibs just to name a few in the south stand ripping up our seats up in large numbers and nothing gets printed about it. Like posts above i'm not condoning vandalising stadiums but its utter bullshit to single us out for it. I can only think it's someone at Accies has contacted the papers looking to drag our name through the mud which is petty bullshit on their part they could have dealt with us behind closed doors and got it sorted but they couldn't resist having a public dig at us. Poor show from Accies

Lawson is decent if played in a system that suits. He always looks for the ball and trys to play decent passes. For me carswell is the weak link. He is very rarely on the ball. If he gets it he gets rid straight away. He offers nothing in an attacking sense. An ok player to bring on when maybe trying to hold a lead.

Lawson has been dire. Carswell had a good spell but has gone off the boil again.

But the worst thing is the idea that you could play these two players as a pairing against a lower league team that were bound to defend in depth. Neither player has an ounce of creativity to them.

The squad is completely unbalanced and if one or two players are missing we don't have adequate replacements. That has to go down as Stuart McCall's responsibility. I make it that we have 6 recognized midfielders in the squad, that just isn't enough for a team that plays four across the middle.

We should have at least two players for each position and U20s, who should be playing the same formation as the first team, that come in and fill any gaps, when first team players are injured so we always have 22 players available except in circumstances where there are an uncommon number of injuries.

I've lost count of times i've seen fans of the ugly sisters, the sheep and hibs just to name a few in the south stand ripping up our seats up in large numbers and nothing gets printed about it. Like posts above i'm not condoning vandalising stadiums but its utter bullshit to single us out for it. I can only think it's someone at Accies has contacted the papers looking to drag our name through the mud which is petty bullshit on their part they could have dealt with us behind closed doors and got it sorted but they couldn't resist having a public dig at us. Poor show from Accies

For F...s sake our cretins destroy seats and suddenly its a poor show from Accies lol - you really need a morality check.

• Like 1

The weasel Scott Struthers... probably attempting to join another league or association committee as we speak.

He 'had a list the length of his arm' on show to all and sundry on Sunday morning at their clubs' pro youth matches with spurious claims of seats being burnt when it looked as if a dozen seats at best were smashed/cracked/displaced. That's from a trusted friend who's kid was playing for them yesterday morning. He did say the amount of stickers plastered all over (as impressive as they were) is their main gripe and how to have them cleared as their own supporters would be none too happy.

Again, not condoning any vandalism- puts the Bois in a bit of a predicament, given the club have supported their aims and will now have to appropriate funds we can ill afford.

As an aside, any damage appeared to be in the front row which was well within the vision of the many police and stewards who were located there for the duration... why no action?