Albion Rovers V Motherwell 30/11/13

Toxteth O'Grady

I see a few folk have mentioned the Cup game versus Livi earlier this season as a marker for the support we'll take. I think many are forgetting that its the League Cup and we normally have a larger crowd for Scottish Cup games especially given the Scottish Cup is generally played on a Saturday and is probably the more romantic of the 2. If the prices for the game are the same as Saturdays game v Devronvale (Tenner and a Fiver) I think we could have a decent support.

Whilst Cliftonhill might indeed be a shitehole, at least it has a character and history that the Broomfields, St Mirren Parks and Almondvales don't.

I used to work right across from Cliftonhill at the business centre. The stadium is virtually derelict apart from the one small stand they have.

Can't see the game being played there. If it is, I'd imagine it would have to be all ticket with a lot of disappointed fans.

You cannot compare the Livingston attendance to the potential attendance for this match. It's the Scottish Cup, not the League Cup, it's a weekend match, not a midweek match and given that a lot of people will see these Scottish Cup matches as almost the defining moments of our season I can see us easily taking 2,000 - 3,000 fans.

I generally don't go to away matches now but I'll be at this one and so will 3 or 4 other people I know that don't normally go to away fixtures.

• Like 1

. If the prices for the game are the same as Saturdays game v Devronvale (Tenner and a Fiver) I think we could have a decent support.

Can they not charge spfl prices because they are playing a team from that division?

Can they not charge spfl prices because they are playing a team from that division?

They have to agree with Motherwell whatever price they choose. If both teams fail to agree then the pricing is the same as a regular Rovers League game.

Two strands to it.

The first is if the police deem Cliftonhill suitable or not to stage a game that will see the ground at capacity. The second is whether they want to take the gamble of moving it elsewhere in the hope that they can maximise revenue from the tie.

They've played two derbies against Airdrie two seasons ago in Coatbridge and having looked at some newspaper articles reporting their game against Rangers would be switched they tend to state it was down to financial rather than security reasons.

Perhaps not as cut and dried a decision as I first thought. Just need to wait and see I suppose.

Delighted at the draw but gutted as there is no chance I will see the game at Cliftonhill. After years of having a season ticket that was good for fuck all we now get a quality cup draw and I dont have one to get a cup ticket.

Read on their forum that the capacity is even less, only 1000 for segregated games.

There are musings of getting temporary stands up like East Fife done for the h**s, or something like the wendy houses at Accies/Falkirk.

It would be worth it for them. Think we could easily sell 1500-2000 at £15 a pop for this. As opposed to around 500 for the status quo.

When they balance up the rental payments for moving it might balance out and be the future for keeping it at home and cashing in.

Anywhere other than their place is rotten in my opinion. It's the romance of the cup if you like, that this round involves terrible lower league stadia and ticket scrambles.

Only in Scotland could you see a derby moved outside its area. Then they wonder why the game here gets ridiculed!

Ticket scramble for Cliftonhill for me.

Yep Thats why I think it should be played at Cliftonhill.

But I have a feeling the game might be played elsewhere with what Andy_P said in an earlier post

Just to update -

They cannot switch it to Motherwell for the same reason the couldn't switch the League Cup game to Ibrox.

The owners of Airdrie's grun wanted too much last time.

They are going to (or maybe have spoken to now) speak to the Accies - they reckon over 2,000 Well fans will go there and it'll be worth there while.

Just to update -

They cannot switch it to Motherwell for the same reason the couldn't switch the League Cup game to Ibrox.

The owners of Airdrie's grun wanted too much last time.

They are going to (or maybe have spoken to now) speak to the Accies - they reckon over 2,000 Well fans will go there and it'll be worth there while.

Plastic pitch, is this going to affect us??